Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Now that we are forced to register,

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Now that we are forced to register,

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 10:57 PM
jeffrey solomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I am new to this thread
Are you aware of the AMA lawsuit against the FAA
on 8/22/14 # 14-1158 DC Court of Appeals
It is currently in "abeyance"
Perhaps the AMA abandoned it.
The AMA works with 2 law firms
The above suit was written by Kramer, Levin, Naftalis & Frankel out of NYC
Currently speaking to Dentons.
I have an email conversation from Chad Budreau to my uncle regarding this if anyone has an interest?
Let me know
Old 01-23-2016, 08:26 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

I did it.it's done.I don't care anymore .now I can fly and left alone.I get tired of the same old diatribe.be done with it and move.sadly there are real big issues in the world .I just want to fly and ejoy it .
Old 01-23-2016, 09:19 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Done and I forgot about it already, my flying will remain the same
Old 01-23-2016, 10:18 AM
jeffrey solomon

Oh, YOU just want to fly!
and the rest of us, don't want to fly? we enjoy this crap?
I have heard that statement "I just want to fly" made so many times
it sickens me.
Are you trying to convince yourself, since you registered the problem has gone away.
If you understood the problem you wouldn't make the statement "I just want to fly"
"I don't care anymore," that statement is only made by people who care, but don't
know what else to do.

This nonsense is not going to go away.
It will only get worse.
I hope I am wrong but doubt it
Old 01-23-2016, 11:33 AM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jeffrey - Keep to the high road, you're doing a great job, and seems like you have actual hard info.
There has to be some organization before the general populace will buy in.
I am keeping a log of meaningful source info and latest development over on "the other site." I would replicate it here if there was a way.
If anybody wants the link to that, pm me here and I will give you the link.
Jeffrey, I have been in touch with John Taylor. I'd like to hear more about what you have regarding your comments, Dentons / Budreau.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:40 AM
MFIGHT43

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Y'all are being paranoid. The only reason they are wanting the number on the craft is for them to be able to hold someone accountable if a drone takes down a plane. That's all. They do not have the time or resources to look at everyone's models to see if you are registered. Heck, they are barely able to keep operating these days.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:06 PM
jeffrey solomon

Hey BrightGarden would certainly like to see any information you have about source or
latest developments.

Taylor's case is here: http://www.docfoc.com/motion-to-stay
Case # 15-1495 US Court of Appeals for the DC

I am not sure if everyone is receiving phone calls from Chad Budreau as well as emails, but my Uncle is, he must have said
something that got Chad to respond to him. They have been discussing this situation for several weeks now.
Here is the latest email from my Uncle with Chads response and he mentions that the AMA uses Dentons, for what
my suspicion as well as my Uncles is Denton's is acting as a lobbyist for the AMA but no new lawsuit was mentioned.
The 2014 AMA v. FAA is in abeyance, but for how long ?
The FAA contact person is not "Old Hoot Gibson" but Earl Lawrence Director of UAS
Here are the emails:

Milt Farrow <[email protected]> To Jeff Solomon

Jan 22 at 2:40 PM

Here was the reponse, so Denton’s is retained as well!

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:40 PM
To: Milt Farrow
Subject: RE: Case# 14-1158

Hi Milt,

We do work with more than one legal team, although our primary efforts are with Denton’s at this time.

The petition is in abeyance while the FAA reviews and addresses comments from the public.

Marke “Hoot” Gibson has only been in office for a few months. It was probably not realistic to expect him to answer specific questions or loopholes about the UAS Registration. Most of our efforts have been with Earl Lawrence, the Director of UAS. Lawrence and his team is much more familiar with the registration program. Gibson’s presence was more to demonstrate the FAA is wanting to hear our member concerns first hand.

Chad

Chad Budreau
Academy of Model Aeronautics
765.287.1256 x227

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:30 PM
To: Chad Budreau
Subject: Case# 14-1158

Chad:

I would like to know the status of this case. I see the law firm entering the “ request for rehearing” was Kremer, Levin, Naftalis & Frankel and not Denton & Associates-I have not heard from you all since you returned, Hoot Gibson

was a Big disappointment to say the least! he was winging the entire question period and was totally unfamiliar with the AMA operations.

Awaiting your response

Respectfully Requested

Milt Farrow

Old 01-23-2016, 02:06 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MFIGHT43
The only reason they are wanting the number on the craft is for them to be able to hold someone accountable if a drone takes down a plane.
If someone takes a plane down with a drone either intentionally or through stupidity, what are the chances they will register with the FAA beforehand? (Hint: The answer is somewhere between zero and zero)
Old 01-23-2016, 02:09 PM
jeffrey solomon

Hey BrightGarden would certainly like to see any information you have about source or
latest developments.

Taylor's case is here: http://www.docfoc.com/motion-to-stay
Case # 15-1495 US Court of Appeals for the DC

I am not sure if everyone is receiving phone calls from Chad Budreau as well as emails, but my Uncle is, he must have said
something that got Chad to respond to him. They have been discussing this situation for several weeks now.
Here is the latest email from my Uncle with Chads response and he mentions that the AMA uses Dentons, for what
my suspicion as well as my Uncles is Denton's is acting as a lobbyist for the AMA but no new lawsuit was mentioned.
The 2014 AMA v. FAA is in abeyance, but for how long ?
The FAA contact person is not "Old Hoot Gibson" but Earl Lawrence Director of UAS
Here are the emails:

Milt Farrow <[email protected]> To Jeff Solomon

Jan 22 at 2:40 PM

Here was the reponse, so Denton’s is retained as well!

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:40 PM
To: Milt Farrow
Subject: RE: Case# 14-1158

Hi Milt,

We do work with more than one legal team, although our primary efforts are with Denton’s at this time.

The petition is in abeyance while the FAA reviews and addresses comments from the public.

Marke “Hoot” Gibson has only been in office for a few months. It was probably not realistic to expect him to answer specific questions or loopholes about the UAS Registration. Most of our efforts have been with Earl Lawrence, the Director of UAS. Lawrence and his team is much more familiar with the registration program. Gibson’s presence was more to demonstrate the FAA is wanting to hear our member concerns first hand.

Chad

Chad Budreau
Academy of Model Aeronautics
765.287.1256 x227

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:30 PM
To: Chad Budreau
Subject: Case# 14-1158

Chad:

I would like to know the status of this case. I see the law firm entering the “ request for rehearing” was Kremer, Levin, Naftalis & Frankel and not Denton & Associates-I have not heard from you all since you returned, Hoot Gibson

was a Big disappointment to say the least! he was winging the entire question period and was totally unfamiliar with the AMA operations.

Awaiting your response

Respectfully Requested

Milt Farrow

Old 01-23-2016, 02:20 PM
jeffrey solomon

Wasn't there an App that was suppose to register drones by the retailer with a swipe at the time of purchase.
This would not prevent homemade drones however.
But I haven't heard anything further about the App for several weeks now

Anyone heard about the App and its' implementation ?

By the way BrightGarden the Pm isn't working.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:25 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who do you think is the riskiest flyers? Take the Poll...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2587763

Last edited by Vettster; 01-24-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:00 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Vettster
Who do you think is the riskiest flyers? Take the Poll...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post33806371
So...............Where is the poll?
Old 01-24-2016, 04:30 AM
mackeyjones

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
So...............Where is the poll?
Right at the top of the page....maybe they should have called the poll what Aircraft do you hate the most.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:01 AM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mackeyjones
Right at the top of the page....maybe they should have called the poll what Aircraft do you hate the most.
Yes, this isn't a good poll, nothing personal against vettster. It isn' the all-encompassing question that answers "everything" that I think he might want.
There are many more factors. In my book, it is a game of escalating capabilities on RC aircraft.
Multirotors, helis, fixed wing - all the same to me. Style of flying - 3D, etc. all the same to me - everything has its place.
The issue is when you get into the "greater 7" - Camera (at all), FPV, fly BLOS, has GPS, has Autonomous capability, Flying for commercial purposes, flying above 400' i.e. into NAS (which I realize 400' doesn't mean anything any more, with the new FAA ruling that they own everything 1mm above your lowest blade of grass.)
Anyway, carry on.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:20 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the chance of finding an FAA number on a drone that just got ingested in an engine. None.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:50 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ivesdo
You gotta love it. The AMA told us to hold off registering just long enough to cause us to now pay the registration fee. Not a large amount, but I would have registered in December if they hadn't said, "BUT WAIT". Grrr. Perhaps I ought to deduct the fee from my AMA dues next year and see what they think. Bet that doesn't work at all. I usually don't gripe about stuff, but this whole affair was totally mis-handled from the beginning.
I will not register. No need to do so till you start flying your planes.