Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Incompatibility with CAT air trap and Kingtech/Jetcat engines?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Incompatibility with CAT air trap and Kingtech/Jetcat engines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 12:03 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.....Ive stared at that photo and still don't know what its a photo of.

Every jet I have built uses a Brass Clunk and ive never had any reaction issues with Brass. Ive seen fuel germ in a customers jet before....living and thriving on the sintered bronze filter but that's about all.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:14 PM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I should have explained a bit about that photo. You're viewing from outside the tank plug hole, but the camera is focused on what lies inside the tank, as viewed through that hole. Maybe it's germs, maybe not. It could also be paraffin. But the way it was concentrated on the metal (not pictured) speaks more to a chemical reaction.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:18 PM
Pull Up Now!

Marc, do you not make the G10 original version of the CAT air trap anymore? Can't find it on the GBR website.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:03 AM
marc s

Hi currently no I dont as the newer DCAT range superseded this but I am looking to re-introduce the range as the demand is so high, time wise not sure as damaged my back and cannot do basic work right now so maybe in the summer.

marcs
Old 03-14-2018, 05:09 AM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I look forward to the return of your cat Marc, I like many here am a huge fan of them.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:17 AM
Pull Up Now!

Originally Posted by marc s
Hi currently no I dont as the newer DCAT range superseded this but I am looking to re-introduce the range as the demand is so high, time wise not sure as damaged my back and cannot do basic work right now so maybe in the summer.

marcs
Marc, hope your back gets better. I hope you're getting good care. We hear horror stories about the National Health System. I'm not sure if this applies to you, but cortisone shots in the back can do wonders to reduce pain and inflammation, allowing natural healing to happen with specific exercises.

The good thing about the original CAT, not to mention they work well, was the price. Everything has gone up in price to make them look pretty. The one exception is Hanson, but I've never had one so I don't know how well they work. It just doesn't seem like a billet, cnc machined set of end plates should be really necessary to make such a product.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:41 AM
marc s

Hi the plan is an epidural and cortisone shot in the lower three vertebrates, have had this done before some 5 years ago and it works well (old rugby injury unfortunately) should be fine in a few months.

Appreciate all the support on the original CAT products, they will be back.

marcs