Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Central's New Advance ECU and Products for 2016

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Central's New Advance ECU and Products for 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 03:47 AM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Cheetah SP Powerpack that was purchased last year and has less than 3 hours of run time. Should I wait for the 25 hour service? Would the upgrade be included in the 25 hour service or can I do it now regardless? You mentioned that the upgrade would only be electronics? Will my current turbine be able to produce the 36lbs or the insides need to be upgraded? Can it be done?

Should have waited for the new turbine. Looks like the new 160SE is also 300 dollars less than what I paid for my 140SP last year.

Last edited by Johnny9390; 05-30-2016 at 03:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:41 AM
Jetmodeler

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoke with Juan at 1st In Flight and he let me know one of the features of the SE is the ability to restart your turbine without powering down the ECU, so long as it did not shutdown as a result of a fault. Well, this last weekend I put my Rabbit SE up on my glider, a Discus 2a and took advantage of the ability to in-flight restart, worked perfect every flight allowing me to extend flights when I got low when the thermals just couldn't be found. I have enough fuel on board for (3) climbs to altitude with 48 oz. on board. Nice feature, thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Discus 2a with Rabbit.JPG
Views:	541
Size:	699.1 KB
ID:	2168754  
Old 06-20-2016, 07:32 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Very cool Jim!

Were the restart times in the air the same as the normal start time on the ground?
I know my Rhino SE from the start command (i.e. Trim high & cycle the throttle stick) to the indication of running is 30 seconds, unbelievable!
Old 06-20-2016, 09:27 AM
Jetmodeler

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Restart times in the air seem much!!!! longer the lower to the ground you are, but really a quick time check on the last flight it appears to be similar to the initial ground start.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:38 AM
RCISFUN

LOL... that's funny Jim, relating apparent time vs. altitude, I know what you mean!
Old 07-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Based on the location of my Bee80 SE PowerPaks in my small SM A-10, it is not easy to access the micro SD cards. Is there a way to access previous flight data without removing the SD Cards? Is there a USB interface like the old Xicoy ECU's? Is there already a BlueTooth XMTR in the PowerPaks to be used with a smartphone?

See everyone next week at KY Jets!

Thanks

Nick

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Jet Central has announced the release of a new on board data terminal that will automatically power down after one minute of inactivity.
Also they announced a newly packaged smoke pump module which contains the electronics, pump motor and solenoids.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:04 AM
RCISFUN

Nick
To answer your question, the Bluetooth module is a plug in option just like the telemetry interface.

I believe that Juan will have some at KY jets....

I already have the telemetry interface and can show you at KY Jets'..
Old 07-08-2016, 07:28 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Nick
We will bring telemetry adaptors, bluetooth adaptors and SD extension
See you there
Old 07-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks!

Nick
Old 07-08-2016, 08:26 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Jet my new cheetah SE seems to have a longer than normal spool up from idle to max thrust is this something that Jose can check at KY Jets or is this normal with the increased thrust in a smaller package?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:36 AM
jetmon

Hello Keith
The spool up time should be the same as the old cheetah 140
Jose can adjust it there or you can do it your self
See you next week
Regards
Old 10-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some assistance in getting my Jeti Telemetry adapter working.
I purchased this from Juan at FIF and have not tried it till recently. I attached the lead from the s-bus side of the adapter to the SE power pak S-bus connection and put the other lead in the Ext1 port on the CB200. I have not been able to get any connection or telemetry feed from the adapter.
What I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Tim

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Great news for all of us Jeti users, Juan just shared a video demo of the new Telemetry working with the Jeti radio.

Note: there is no Audio in the video.

He did not mention when it will be available for sale, I can't wait to get one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPOwS4sRuxQ
Old 10-11-2016, 02:53 PM
jetmon

Hello Custmachr
I'm not Jeti expert but this is what I did
Connect the telemetry to port 15
Go to: Model / device explorer and look for CBOX200
Then "Alternative pin config." - Ext/pin15 - Telemetry Input
Reset everything and you are done
Hope this helps
Old 10-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Juan

I have tried it in port 15 as you describe and in the ext1 slot. I have been unable to get any response in either location? I also have the Jeti Air Speed sensors and it will work in either location. Does that indicate a bad adapter?
Thanks
Tim

Originally Posted by jetmon
Hello Custmachr
I'm not Jeti expert but this is what I did
Connect the telemetry to port 15
Go to: Model / device explorer and look for CBOX200
Then "Alternative pin config." - Ext/pin15 - Telemetry Input
Reset everything and you are done
Hope this helps
Old 10-13-2016, 10:06 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by Custmachr
Juan

I have tried it in port 15 as you describe and in the ext1 slot. I have been unable to get any response in either location? I also have the Jeti Air Speed sensors and it will work in either location. Does that indicate a bad adapter?
Thanks
Tim
we have no idea if the module could be bad have you tried calling James at Esprit Model. if you would like to send yours back we can replace it if you do believe that the module could be defective.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Signofinfinity

Default Cheetah SE

Hi all. New owner of the JC engines. Amazing work of art.

One question, perhaps someone has run into my issue.

My Cheetah failsafe starts at 910ms. Now my DX18, with end point at -150, can only go down to 917ms. Therefore, if I turn off my TAX, the engine still remains in the 'idle' parameter. Normal idle is at 1006ms.

The dealership in Europe is checking for me too, but perhaps someone has already been through this.

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2017, 03:57 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Signofinfinity
Hi all. New owner of the JC engines. Amazing work of art.

One question, perhaps someone has run into my issue.

My Cheetah failsafe starts at 910ms. Now my DX18, with end point at -150, can only go down to 917ms. Therefore, if I turn off my TAX, the engine still remains in the 'idle' parameter. Normal idle is at 1006ms.

The dealership in Europe is checking for me too, but perhaps someone has already been through this.

Thanks!

With your throttle channel end points as they are at -150 , +150 and your throttle stick and throttle trim low, re-bind your Tx /rx to set the failsafe at -150.

After that, reduce your throttle channel to -100, + 100 and re-learn your ECU. After completion, test your failsafe.

What this does is teach the ECU the throttle range which is -100 to 100. When you loose RF, the Tx failsafes to the -150 position. This takes the pulse width outside of the ECU's established range and triggers the ECU's failsafe.

If for some reason that doesn't work ( I haven't run spek for a while). Do the same thing but, bind the tx at -100 to 100, then reduce it to -75 to 75 and re-learn the ECU , test again.

Hope that helps

Mike

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 05-11-2017 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 AM
Signofinfinity

-150 I have set.... But used the +100.

Will try with the -150/+150.

Also, may I ask the initial start figures for the cheetah SE? Had two good starts (09/15), but subsequent starts result in either To idle error, or acceleration error.(factory settings 09/02)

Thanks Mike for your help. I will post further.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Signofinfinity

Default Best Service Ever

I am impressed!

The people at JC know how to handle their business.

First JC engine in Malta, so not much support locally. It transpired that there was the possibility of a problematic egt sensor. They shipped a new engine from Mexico to JCEurope (ROI Imports) to minimise delays and inconvenience. Within one week of expressing my concerns, a new engine was waiting at my door, with return shipping paid.

I never thought it possible. But definitely, am totally amazed by the level of customer care and support.

Thank You Jet Central and Roberto Rabina from ROI Imports in Spain.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Thai Tiger

Originally Posted by Signofinfinity
I am impressed!

The people at JC know how to handle their business.

First JC engine in Malta, so not much support locally. It transpired that there was the possibility of a problematic egt sensor. They shipped a new engine from Mexico to JCEurope (ROI Imports) to minimise delays and inconvenience. Within one week of expressing my concerns, a new engine was waiting at my door, with return shipping paid.

I never thought it possible. But definitely, am totally amazed by the level of customer care and support.

Thank You Jet Central and Roberto Rabina from ROI Imports in Spain.
2nd On that one, Customer service is second to none.