Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Central's New Advance ECU and Products for 2016

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Central's New Advance ECU and Products for 2016

Old 01-25-2016, 03:48 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Central's New Advance ECU and Products for 2016

We are extremely proud to announce Jet Central's new product line for this 2016 season.

The first and most important news is our own new turbine electronic control system (ECU).

We have invested a lot of time to develop this unique and most advanced and only self adjusting ECU System on the market. This new system will put Jet Central ahead of any other turbine manufacturer on the market with many new and very exciting features.

Please see our new banner as this will show all the highlights and new things that our turbines will be able to do.

As we are aware that you or some of your customers may have questions about this new system and as always we welcome any questions that you or any of our customers will have. We are always available via e mail and phone with Jose Melendez in the USA and Juan Ramon Ruiz at the main office to answer any of your questions. Please see contact information below for Jose and Juan:

Jose Melendez. Juan Ramon Ruiz.
Email:[email protected] Email: [email protected]
Phone:321-412-3078. Tel. +52 (55) 5090 7477
Address for any service in the USA Fax.. +52 (55) 5090 7161
231 Anthony Ave SE
Palm Bay Florida 32909

From now on all our turbine production will have this new and very exciting system with our new designation letters SE (SMART ELECTRONICS)

Along with our new system we are also very proud to announce that our Cheetah SP which was a 140 (34lbs of thrust) will now be the CHEETAH 160 (36lbs of thrust) the best news is that we have accomplished this by keeping the same dimensions and weight as the Cheetah 140, but with 160 Newton's of thrust (36lbs).

Last, but not at the very least is the new BEE 80 (18lbs of thrust) again we have accomplished more thrust while being able to keep the same size and weight of the BEE II, (BEE 50). this will give the customers a bigger range of jets for the BEE.

We greatly appreciate and thank you in advanced for all your support and we will promise to continue providing the best in customer service.

Yours truly
Jet Central Management

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	851
Size:	498.1 KB
ID:	2143543  
Old 01-25-2016, 04:06 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, an 18 lbs Bee! You can fit that in a foamy!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:27 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Price and availability?
Old 01-27-2016, 03:58 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put me down for system
WILL IT WORK ON, PRESENT SP TURBINES?
Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
Price and availability?
Hello Tom
Availability;
About electronic control system, all of our turbines already have it
The Cheetah ; already available but first batch is going fast, next batch in about 2 weeks
Bee 80; available at Florida Jets
Prices are the same that previous turbines, check your dealers for prices
Old 01-27-2016, 10:56 AM
jetmon

Originally Posted by RAPPTOR
Put me down for system
WILL IT WORK ON, PRESENT SP TURBINES?
Hello Rapptor

There will be upgrades available for all turbines that already have PowerPack system
We are giving priority to production turbines so we will start upgrading until May
Old 01-27-2016, 11:20 AM
RonTins

Originally Posted by jetmon
Hello Rapptor

There will be upgrades available for all turbines that already have PowerPack system
We are giving priority to production turbines so we will start upgrading until May
Juan, I believe mine is the version just before the SP turbines but does come with the Powerpack/ECU. Does mine qualify for an upgrade?
Old 01-27-2016, 01:39 PM
jetmon

Originally Posted by RonTins
Juan, I believe mine is the version just before the SP turbines but does come with the Powerpack/ECU. Does mine qualify for an upgrade?
Hello RonTins
Yes, any turbine with PowerPack can be upgraded to the new Electronics, no matter if it is SP or not
Turbines with this new electronics will have the denomination SE, (smart electronic)
Just to clarify, Only electronics can be updated, transforming it to a 160 is not possible because it is a complete new development with different interior parts
Regards
Old 01-27-2016, 03:37 PM
RonTins

Hello RonTins
Yes, any turbine with PowerPack can be upgraded to the new Electronics, no matter if it is SP or not
Turbines with this new electronics will have the denomination SE, (smart electronic)
Just to clarify, Only electronics can be updated, transforming it to a 160 is not possible because it is a complete new development with different interior parts
Regards
Hi Juan:
Thanks for the response. Just to point out, my turbine is the Rhino 160, just before it became the Rhino 200. Its never been run since it was purchased back in April of 2014.

Last edited by RonTins; 01-27-2016 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Correct sentence.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:48 PM
jetmon

Ok, got it
Yes it can be done, but you will have to wait until april
Regards
Old 01-27-2016, 03:54 PM
RonTins

Ok, got it
Yes it can be done, but you will have to wait until april
Regards
Wonderful!! Last question. Will the upgrade require sending in the turbine together with the Powerpack/ECU to JetCentral?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:52 PM
jetmon

Yes
We need the turbine and powerpack
Regards
Old 01-28-2016, 03:24 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great .. Thanks so much..
Old 01-28-2016, 04:56 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Juan
Would you comment on the telemetry and what radio systems it will work with?
Thanks
Tim

Last edited by Custmachr; 01-28-2016 at 09:32 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-28-2016, 08:17 AM
EDFJim
My Feedback: (2)

I had a chance to look at the new screen control box... looks great!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:01 AM
jetmon

Originally Posted by Custmachr
Juan
Would you comment on the telemetry and what radio systems it will work with?
Thanks
Tim
Hello Tim

First brand to be supported with telemetry will be Spectrum, then Jeti and Futaba

Regards
Old 01-29-2016, 06:09 AM
jetmon

Originally Posted by EDFJim
I had a chance to look at the new screen control box... looks great!
Hi Jim
Glad you like it, here is a low resolution (sorry) picture of the welcome screen
the HDT will know to which turbine is connected and display the proper logo

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2144095  
Old 01-29-2016, 08:34 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Hello Tim

First brand to be supported with telemetry will be Spectrum, then Jeti and Futaba

Regards
Juan
As I fly Jeti do you have a estimated time. I have a current project and I am considering the new Cheetah.
Thanks
Tim
Old 01-29-2016, 01:54 PM
jetmon

Originally Posted by Custmachr
Juan
As I fly Jeti do you have a estimated time. I have a current project and I am considering the new Cheetah.
Thanks
Tim
Tim
I canīt give the exact date because we depend also of the radio manufacturers, but very soon
Old 01-29-2016, 06:13 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Hello Tim

Regards
Hello Juan

What about telemetry for JR's DMSS Protocol? Is this new self adjusting system using barometric sensing? This technology also exists in Jetcat's RXi line. ECU senses barometric pressure and adjusts fuel ramp accel and other parameters for altitude and such automatically. I'm not a JetCat Rep by the way, I just seen that the add states that its the only one on the market. Is there something different? Just requesting clarification for consumers and myself. I like this new tech.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-31-2016, 03:08 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
Hello Juan

What about telemetry for JR's DMSS Protocol? Is this new self adjusting system using barometric sensing? This technology also exists in Jetcat's RXi line. ECU senses barometric pressure and adjusts fuel ramp accel and other parameters for altitude and such automatically. I'm not a JetCat Rep by the way, I just seen that the add states that its the only one on the market. Is there something different? Just requesting clarification for consumers and myself. I like this new tech.

Thanks guys!
Hi Danny,

We will be working with all the major radio brands to get the telemetry to working on all of them but as you know it's also a process to get them all.
As for the new ECU yes we have where you can select your altitude as well as the ECU will self adjust the acceleration. PW will also self adjust so no more of the pump limit reach, better telemetry features and most important much more user friendly.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:34 PM
jetmon

Originally Posted by Flightwerkz
Hello Juan

Thanks guys!
Hello Danny
As Jose told you, we are working with radio manufacturers and we will work with JR as well, the times will depend more of the radio manufacturers than with us
The Self adjusting is for the general operation of the turbine, an altitude range has to be set by the customer
However, a display of a barometric altitude and ambient temperature is displayed along with the expected performance of the turbine (any turbine btw) at does conditions
here is the screen were all these is displayed
An please exuse my spanglish

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	945
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	2144940  

Last edited by jetmon; 02-02-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:02 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

An please exuse my spanglish

We're working on that...LOL
Old 02-12-2016, 10:13 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I have been editing the manual for a few weeks now and I can tell you the more I use then new Jet Central designed SE electronics and the new Color Graphic HDT the more I like it!

It is much more responsive and user friendly then than the original ECU / HDT. For example the Transmitter learn function is done in two steps, the color graphical display is truly a diagnostic tool as you can track the exact transmitter stick movements to verify proper operation, and setting up and verifying the fail safe is a no-brainier!

The micro SD slot on the power pack allows for easy download of the Black Box data, and if needed you can download the entire parameter setup and e-mail to Jet Central for analysis; if you are having a particular running issue. The technicians at Jet Central can e-mail a modified parameter file back in which can be uploaded via the microSD card.

Congratulations to the Jet Central Team for introducing the new revolutionary SE Electronics, and I know there will be more features added as time goes on!

I can't wait for the telemetry interface for my Jeti DS-16 radio and some of the other exciting features that will be released in the future!
Old 02-12-2016, 03:10 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Cant wait till telemetry is just standard across the board from radios to turbines. I also think increasing output from a smaller motor is nice as well, with all this FAA stuff the larger 55+ lbs jets may start to go away since its such a pain to get it certified.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.