Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat service does not exist ! !

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat service does not exist ! !

Old 01-30-2016, 05:02 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
What type of turn around time do you see from jetcat Germany?? Who did you contact at the factory??
Thx
Vin...
I have a friend in Germany that visits the states and flies with me several times a year, he knows the Jetcat Germany folks personally, not sure how anyone else would do it. That is also how I know what Jetcat Germany thinks bout what is going on here.

I get a little irritated when I have people tell me these are just toys and we should just be happy if someone else decides we can play with them sometimes. When someone has my toy they also have my time, and as you all know, especially the older guys you don't get endless time in your life. Just like a turbine our meter is running also and I don't need someone else telling me what I need to do with my life/time. If you are one of those annoying people that just talk at the field without ever flying all day because you have no friends, then I could see that you would have no problem with this service.

It's also heart warming to see a few success stories thrown in here, if you like to gamble with your time for no good reason it is proof that you could win sometimes. Jetcat USA is using the Hobby King business model.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:32 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jetcat is a joke. When you get it back ,it will have new problems and have to return it again.
I know of a turbine sent back 3 times for viberation.
They said "the new guy " did it >???!!! Lol
The following users liked this post:
jescardin (07-15-2022)
Old 01-31-2016, 07:00 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
I have a friend in Germany that visits the states and flies with me several times a year, he knows the Jetcat Germany folks personally, not sure how anyone else would do it. That is also how I know what Jetcat Germany thinks bout what is going on here.

I get a little irritated when I have people tell me these are just toys and we should just be happy if someone else decides we can play with them sometimes. When someone has my toy they also have my time, and as you all know, especially the older guys you don't get endless time in your life. Just like a turbine our meter is running also and I don't need someone else telling me what I need to do with my life/time. If you are one of those annoying people that just talk at the field without ever flying all day because you have no friends, then I could see that you would have no problem with this service.

It's also heart warming to see a few success stories thrown in here, if you like to gamble with your time for no good reason it is proof that you could win sometimes. Jetcat USA is using the Hobby King business model.
Very well said.
Originally Posted by RAPPTOR
Jetcat is a joke. When you get it back ,it will have new problems and have to return it again.
Now you've really got me nervous. Guess I'll be doing a key test when ever it gets back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 442.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	2144472  

Last edited by Vettster; 01-31-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:40 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RAPPTOR
Actually JetCat is the top manufacture of model turbines along with AMT netherlands.
And by the way they make there own ECU!They dont borrow electronics.
This two are not only pioneers for jet,turboprop plane ,heli and boat turbines but also well established in the UAV Industry for many years.All my engines are JetCat and i experience nothing but excellent service the last 15 years.

The last junk we came across was a grenade made from kingtech (they called it turbine) .
The guy was lucky enough to discover the problem before starting this grenade.
They promised him -30% discount on the next order to make him to shut up but when the time came
they showed there real face.That they have no honour and left him hanging .I wonder why DreamWorks kick them out of there store.

Name:	Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	2144479  

Last edited by DelGatoGrande; 01-31-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:57 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande
Actually JetCat is the top manufacture of model turbines along with AMT netherlands.
And by the way they make there own ECU!They dont borrow electronics.
This two are not only pioneers for jet,turboprop plane ,heli and boat turbines but also well established in the UAV Industry for many years.All my engines are JetCat and i experience nothing but excellent service the last 15 years.

The last junk we came across was a grenade made from kingtech (they called it turbine) .
The guy was lucky enough to discover the problem before starting this grenade.
They promised him -30% discount on the next order to make him to shut up but when the time came
they showed there real face.That they have no honour and left him hanging .I wonder why DreamWorks kick them out of there store.
Send it to JetCat USA and see what happens, if you are not one of the click
jescardin (07-15-2022)
Old 01-31-2016, 09:00 AM
Vettster

Originally Posted by aquaskiman
Send it to JetCat USA and see what happens, if you are not one of the click
My thoughts exactly!
Old 01-31-2016, 11:21 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=aquaskiman;12170213]Send it to JetCat USA and see what happens, if you are not one of the click[/QUOTE

I only have experience on this side of the pond with JetCat Germany
Old 01-31-2016, 03:12 PM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Ummm.... one of the issues involved is that JetCat is selling about everything they can make to the German government for drones. We hobbyists are a very small part of what they have going on so if you need something from them, it may take awhile.

I've never had any kind of an issue with John and JetCat USA, but I would suggest that as noted by Len Todd; I've also had good service by calling John directly.
Thats good to hear.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Recently sent my kingtech in for service because I thought something was wrong with my turbine. Turns out its so cold where I fly that the metals expand too quickly or something like that during startup and I get a metal rubbing during switch-over. Anyway, Dirk called me to tell me what the issue was and that he re-balanced the turbine. He also, and didn't need to replaced the bearings, and upgraded the EGT sensor to the newest one. At no charge. Good luck getting anything like that at Jet-cat.

Last edited by Westwindpilot86; 02-01-2016 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
jescardin (07-15-2022)
Old 02-02-2016, 07:30 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

found this in the internet this days...

Name:	intolerance.png
Views:	1354
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	2144858  

Last edited by erbroens; 02-02-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:48 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey WestWind...its too cold in Peoria Az? or do you fly somewhere else??
Vin...
Old 02-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Westwindpilot86

Vin,

Haha. I guess I should update my profile. I'm in salt lake city now flying uavs. It was 4 this morning.

Just a wee bit chilly
Old 02-04-2016, 03:55 AM
Vettster

16 weeks and still no sign of my engine.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Call John Redman. You've been told this several times in this thread. It's not hard.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Vettster

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
Call John Redman. You've been told this several times in this thread. It's not hard.
How about they just do their job?... It's not hard.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Westwindpilot86

Agreed. You should not have to call a certain person to get something repaired and sent back to you when that is the companies job. I feel bad for you Vettster. I hope you get it back soon. Maybe sell it and go with another turbine company.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:27 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettster
I have to agree with Vettster here in that a customer should not have to do that.

However, in today's world, unfortunately, being the "squeaky wheel" is sometimes required to make things happen, and when it is, the result is usually better if you go right to the top of the source to get greased instead of trying to do it publicly...

I'd call John instead of continuing this thread...

Bob
Old 02-04-2016, 02:38 PM
cmp3cantrj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Sorry to say, but all this may be true for some turbines - but not for AMT Netherlands engines. I have engines going back to 1997 and whilst most have never needed any attention from the AMT factory and never gone back, when I need something done or supplied it was on my doorstep very quickly.

My 2c

Jan
If you want a large, heavy, underpowered, old fashioned engine then that's fine. AMT have not progressed in recent years except in the really high power (professional) market. I don't regard them as a model engine supplier any more.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:31 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettster

So are you are crusader? or do you want your motor back?

Because if you are a crusader I can predict the email you are going to be posting 1 week from now :-)

Seriously, I remember JetCat USA (back in the day) waiting on giant crates of spare parts, being completely at the mercy of Germany, so that cuts both ways for them.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:42 PM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt
So are you are crusader? or do you want your motor back?

Because if you are a crusader I can predict the email you are going to be posting 1 week from now :-)

Seriously, I remember JetCat USA (back in the day) waiting on giant crates of spare parts, being completely at the mercy of Germany, so that cuts both ways for them.
A bit of shooting the messenger going on here. I find it instructive that the brand is so fouled up that one must pin his hopes on getting hold of the owner. "Waiting on parts" is not an excuse behind which an entire brand can hide. An individual, maybe. The brand, no. It's absurd. Competing brands must be laughing themselves silly.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Len Todd

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Needed a JC Fuel Pump. Called on Tuesday afternoon and it was here on Thursday. JC paid the shipping. Maybe the "Can" you are waiting for is the holdup? That is a very unusual part to replace. There has got to be more to the story. Anyway, whine to John. You'll probably get more results than you can get here.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:40 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Needed a JC Fuel Pump. Called on Tuesday afternoon and it was here on Thursday. JC paid the shipping. Maybe the "Can" you are waiting for is the holdup? That is a very unusual part to replace. There has got to be more to the story. Anyway, whine to John. You'll probably get more results than you can get here.
I don't think the "can" is an unusual part, they get dented in just about any crash. Sometimes just with heavy hands or a fumble

Also, don't think he's expecting results on the forum but, the message is to anyone considering a Jetcat purchase: Don't expect support....in a timely fashion and you better be prepared to "chase" the owner around to get anything happening.

Mike
Old 02-06-2016, 11:40 AM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
"Whine"? Again, shooting the messenger because one does not like the message. Four MONTHS this guy has been waiting, with inconsistent answers from JC as to why, and you want to insult the customer as whining?

The excuses offered here on JetCat's behalf, which are only guesses after all, leave me flabbergasted. Even if the parts "are on the way in a can on a boat", that's ok? Why is JC held to such a low threshold of customer support while the customer is attacked? If it's going to be MONTHS before a part arrives then it shouldn't be ON a boat. It should be on an airplane.

I love my JetCats, own several. But I don't excuse another's poor customer service experience just because I like my engines.

Maybe be its me, but I find the attacks on the OP really bizarre and just pray that my own JC investments don't bite me in the butt when I need repairs.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:49 AM
Vettster

I just spoke to John Redman on Thursday I think it was.. Believe me when I say I felt as though I was making a call that I should never have needed to make. Anyhow... John was very nice to speak to and very apologetic for the entire ordeal. Turns out that there is some kind of issue with the Can as they no longer sell that engine and its even the same can as the 120. I believe John when he says he's at the mercy of JETCAT GERMANY....though you would think with the combined sales of both the P-80se and the P-120 that there would be at least ONE can kicking around one of the plants. He also said if he could find a used one he would cut me a deal just to get my engine back to me as soon as possible.

I actually feel kinda sorry for John as he must have one hell of a time running a business like that, having to wait for parts to be sent from Germany at their convenience. It must be very difficult for John to have to explain to so many customers that it may be months before you see your engine because we just dont know when the parts will get here.

So the title stands correct.. JetCat has no service... because of Jetcat Germany.

For clarification on what is taking JC Germany so long to produce a Can.. perhaps John would like to reply here.

In the mean time guys... DOES ANYONE HAVE A P-80 or P-120 Can for sale??

Last edited by Vettster; 02-07-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:15 PM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

I have an older P200 thats acting up and Im a bit worried form hearing all the issues. Should I call him before sending it in?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.