Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat service does not exist ! !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat service does not exist ! !

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I would, he might even have a fix for you to do yourself. In any event you can get some info on possible problems and turn time.

Oh, John doesn't very often look at the JetCat forum here but some other folks will occasionally offer suggestions.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:57 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I sent him a message yesterday and asked when would be a good time to contact him about turbine issue he replied within the hour and said to call him then. So I talked to him last night and John has always been this way for me with my issues. It helps to talk about your problems before hand we may have figured out my problem without sending everything in. I think Jetcat usa has good service, you just have to keep in mind he is busy guy and having to deal with customer service this day in time is crazy since everyone has you on speed dial.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:22 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a data point, I recently sent a P120 in for regular 25hr service and got it back in about 3 weeks from JetcatUSA. If they have the parts, I think John and Co. do their best to get it serviced and back to the customer. Hopefully Jetcat Germany can deliver on parts for all engines.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Just a note because I can't PM a certain user, cussing, in any language is NOT permitted on RCU.

That post and replies quoting it have been removed.

Let's keep it civil please gentleman and any ladies.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:44 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Jetcat USA service is fantastic over here. I give them an A+ for taking care of any issues I have had. John is always a call away and he always answers the phone. It's not their fault when they are waiting for old parts from Germany. Guys you have to understand that it would take a lot more time and expense sending our turbines to Germany for repair. As Jetcat customers we need to support our local guys so we can get local support and not have to deal with overseas shipping, taxes and extra expense.

Thanks for all you do for us John! It is MUCH appreciated!!
Old 02-09-2016, 07:25 AM
Birdman6310

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Jetcat USA service is fantastic over here. I give them an A+ for taking care of any issues I have had. John is always a call away and he always answers the phone. It's not their fault when they are waiting for old parts from Germany. Guys you have to understand that it would take a lot more time and expense sending our turbines to Germany for repair. As Jetcat customers we need to support our local guys so we can get local support and not have to deal with overseas shipping, taxes and extra expense.

Thanks for all you do for us John! It is MUCH appreciated!!
Interesting to hear one persons opinion. The point of the OP was I think that he (also one person) has had very bad service and I would agree with him
Old 02-09-2016, 07:44 AM
AndyAndrews

Originally Posted by Birdman6310
Interesting to hear one persons opinion. The point of the OP was I think that he (also one person) has had very bad service and I would agree with him
Opinions are like a s s holes.. we all have them right? That being said, the whole thread is made up with "opinions". Interesting enough as you say, including yours. That doesn't make the OP the end all or the final authority or arbitor regarding the entire history of Jetcat USA's service.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:02 AM
Birdman6310

Opinions are like a s s holes.. we all have them right? That being said, the whole thread is made up with "opinions". Interesting enough as you say, including yours. That doesn't make the OP the end all or the final authority or arbitor regarding the entire history of Jetcat USA's service.
I never said it did and nor are you
Old 02-09-2016, 09:07 AM
AndyAndrews

[h=1]imply[/h]play

verb im·ply \im-ˈplī\
[h=2]Simple Definition of imply[/h]
Popularity: Top 20% of words

• : to express (something) in an indirect way : to suggest (something) without saying or showing it plainly

Old 02-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year I had a problem with an older P-120. I got in touch with John at Jet USA and he helped me get parts for it. When the parts arrived, they were the wrong ones. I called John and he said to send it to Jet Cat USA and he would see what he could do for me. After 4 weeks I got a call from John and he repaired the turbine for the cost of the parts I had purchased.

At that time, he told me the reason it took so long was he had about 35 turbines in for various repairs and some of them were going to Florida jets. He felt that since I wasn't going to Florida Jets, I wouldn't mind the extra wait. Also, they had just received a shipment of new turbines going out to customers that already paid for them and he needed to test run them to make sure they were al OK. There might be a reason for the delay and maybe everyone there are not in the loop.....

Larry/Instructor
Old 02-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
I sent him a message yesterday and asked when would be a good time to contact him about turbine issue he replied within the hour and said to call him then. So I talked to him last night and John has always been this way for me with my issues. It helps to talk about your problems before hand we may have figured out my problem without sending everything in. I think Jetcat usa has good service, you just have to keep in mind he is busy guy and having to deal with customer service this day in time is crazy since everyone has you on speed dial.
That's the way I get a hold of John anymore since he's so busy. I sent him a text asking when I could call or would he call me. He's always been enormously helpful when he's got a bit of time to talk with you and answer questions.

As has been mentioned; he's at the mercy of JetCat Germany and they have bigger fish to fry than us hobbyists. There is a benefit however in that the ECU's are developed in the drone program and those ECU's have always been one of JetCat's hallmarks. I notice Jet Central is now claiming to have a new ECU that will function in a similar way to the JetCat units that have been out for several years with the RXi engines.

Glad you're able to get started on finding a solution to your problem.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Birdman6310

imply

play

verb im·ply \im-ˈplī\
Simple Definition of imply

Popularity: Top 20% of words

• : to express (something) in an indirect way : to suggest (something) without saying or showing it plainly

You seem to have copied and pasted something. Did you think that was relevant in some way ?
Old 02-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

Well due to fact that Jet Cat has been a major supplier of turbines since day one I suppose practically everyone that's been around for awhile has had some business with JC including John Redman although John has been the owner for maybe 2 years.
Anyway my most recent business with John was when I had a starter motor going bad at Kentucky John came by took the turbine & returned it within 30 minutes with a new starter motor attached.

It is also noted that Jet Cat, prior to John, had never offered ANY support for a dozen or so Events, plus the Jet World Master held at the National Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton that I have organized. Subsequent to John becoming CEO Jet Cat has been a Sponsor of the last 2 Route 66 Jets Event as well as supporting Jet Team USA.
I also want to thank John for taking personal time to advise me on some technical radio matters that I was having difficulty getting my head around.
Anyway it seems one should give Jet Cat USA (John given his new venture) some benefit of the doubt, express there problems via Email, following up by phone as necessary & hopefully all will become largely A-OK during 2016.
Cheers & Good Flying with whatever blowers you are using, Roger
Old 02-10-2016, 11:08 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

He has also been a sponsor of West Texas Jet Rally for the last two years. Appreciate you John
Old 02-11-2016, 07:26 AM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

I started with Jetcat... Long service delays. Multiple broken promises..... The need for multiple phone calls in order to get my engine back from service after 3-4 months. The need to send engines back multiple times for the same repair. Their delays usually would put an engine "out of service" for an entire season. In one of my last conversations with the new Jetcat I was basically told if I was unhappy I should seek out another company.... I took their advice all 4 of my turbine are now Kingtech. Service when I need it has been outstanding and reliability has exceeded my venerable Jetcats... Service turnaround has always been les than 2-3 weeks and no need to make multiple phone calls just to get them to take the motor out of the box!
One of the final events I had a weekend in which my kingtech 170 was flaming out after 17 hours of perfect service. I called kingtech on a Sunday from the event and they answered the phone! Try that with Jetcat! On the same weekend my P-100 back from its second service repair. Brand new but almost 8 months old and not a successful flight yet. Still continued to not run properly. That Monday I sent both out to their respective repair centers and notified them of the problems and to expect engines. Kingtech ran engine diagnosed problem and returned engine to me in 2 weeks. Repair including return shipping less than 90 dollars! Jetcat offer one month I called them. Turbine still in box on shelf... Begged them to get repaired and back to me in 4 weeks from that point for final event before winter. They promised to do it. 3 weeks later I called them again. They told me it was repaired and shipping 2 day ups that day! Sound great I told them. That way I have time to install and run before I travel 6 hours to event. 5 days later no turbine. Call them yet again. They promised it would ship 2 day that day. They don't know how this could have happened..... I am frustrated but if they ship it I can still make event.... 3 days later I get notification from UPS turbine shipping regular ground. Will arrive after I leave for event! I had a great weekend with my venerable K-170. No P-100 that weekend. In subsequent phone called I then called a liar, by John defending the guy he later fired.
That's only one of many Jetcat frustrations....
MHO
brian
Old 02-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

17 weeks. Still waiting.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:09 AM
phoinix

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande
Actually JetCat is the top manufacture of model turbines along with AMT netherlands.
And by the way they make there own ECU!They dont borrow electronics.
This two are not only pioneers for jet,turboprop plane ,heli and boat turbines but also well established in the UAV Industry for many years.All my engines are JetCat and i experience nothing but excellent service the last 15 years.
When was the last time you had contact with Germany Jetcat Service? (I'm assuming since you are from Greece). Their service is down right rubish.
Two services of my PHT3 went fine (warranty issues), now the third (I had a crash because of their technical issues), I can't seem to get their interest for about two months now. Couple of calls, multiple emails later, nothing. Since we have no alternative for Jetcat services, this is my first and last Jetcat turbine. No support, no service, no flying...
Old 03-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Birdman6310

I wonder if Vettster will ever get his turbine back. What shocking service from Jetcat
Old 03-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdman6310
I wonder if Vettster will ever get his turbine back. What shocking service from Jetcat
Well actually.. At the end of the 18th week (4 months later) They called me last Friday to say it is fixed and being mailed out to me.
I have since placed it in the classifieds. I will never put myself thew this experience with JC again.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:41 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

It sounds like you are going in the direction that best works for you.

Good luck and have lots of fun!
Old 05-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Mike06659

This may help with future service issues.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jetc...l#post12209228
Old 07-11-2022, 04:16 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone know what the status is with jetcat service in the US right now. thx
Old 07-11-2022, 04:28 AM
BarracudaHockey

Jet Cat is being run by the same group as Powerbox Americas

Give them a call if you need something.https://www.powerbox-americas.com/
The following users liked this post:
Vincent (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 06:58 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Jet Cat is being run by the same group as Powerbox Americas

Give them a call if you need something.https://www.powerbox-americas.com/
There is nothing on their site indicating they have anything to do with jetcat??
Old 07-11-2022, 07:05 AM
BarracudaHockey

Originally Posted by Vincent
There is nothing on their site indicating they have anything to do with jetcat??
So you called and asked?
The following users liked this post:
Vincent (07-11-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.