Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever had this happen from SM

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone ever had this happen from SM

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 07:31 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Anyone ever had this happen from SM

So I was looking over a jet that is supposed to be brand new but the gear is obviously used with just new tires put on it and you can tell it was painted another color scheme under the current.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:43 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

you mean the gear was painted over, or the airframe?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:44 AM
FalconWings

BTW, sorry but had to share this with you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAyIKjiNaO4
Old 02-04-2016, 07:48 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Happen to me no,,,know someone that had exactly what you are describing happen to them, last month,,YES, Keith are we talking about the same plane?? 1/6 f16?

Last edited by raron455; 02-04-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a custom order that fell through and it was a re-paint?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:57 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

can you send photos of the plane?

the turbine mounts have been drilled? any holes from servo installation ?
Old 02-04-2016, 09:07 AM
FalconWings

This is BS, I'd ask for a replacement, or negotiate a deep, deep, Linda Lovelace deep, discount.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:56 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well you are not the only one : I ordered a F80 a while back. Before I ordered, I noticed they had one in stock for a long long time in a scheme that I did not like.
So I placed my order for the scheme I wanted, and guess which model immediately went missing off of their instock models ? Yep, the one they had been trying to move for a long time. My suspicions were confirmed when my F80 arrived : they had repainted over top of the one they had in stock to the make it the one that I ordered. I could easily tell, as the new paint flaked off in some areas, revealing the old color scheme underneath.
I contacted John at SM and he offered to build me another one, if I wanted to wait another 6 months or so. I ended up keeping it and the end result looks really nice, but you can imagine how ticked I was to have spent that much money and got a (badly) repainted jet.
So yes, been there and done that......
Old 02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
FenderBean

The airframe has been repainted and the gear is unpainted but is used. Its not an f16
Old 02-04-2016, 05:19 PM
FenderBean

Hey falcon that was filmed at the same base I was at on my last deployment, it's called FOB Fenty. It was named of the Col who was killed during the operation the movie Lone Survivor was filmed after. I remember watching that movie the first month there and getting real angry and mission focused.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:05 AM
MNModels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Would like to explain procedures at Skymaster.

Skymaster do not sell old landing gear or repaired landing gears. Skymaster do not repaint models different colors to sell as new. The only jets that are repainted are those that came out of the mould painted, but bad quality. This has stopped for the last 3 years. So no jets are repainted another color scheme.

When a customer crash his jet, Skymaster offer new airframe and reinstall the old landing gear in new airframe. Customer need to return landing gear to factory. Likai will repair back to spec and send to factory to install in new airframe.

What is possible - is that there maybe 3 of 4 jets same color same jet and the factory workers could have installed wrong gear by mistake. But this will be 1st.

Please send all details of model to John so we can verify and track the problem.

Sometimes customers get a new airframe and repaired lg as good deal after crash from factory and then decide to sell it "as new". A novice will not know the difference 1st hand.

So please help us to find out what happened in this situation.

Many thanks

Morné

Last edited by MNModels; 02-05-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:37 AM
FenderBean

Well okay, I will contact John but from the above post to say this never happens may be a little hard to prove or the seller didnt give me the truth. Thanks for the info
Old 02-05-2016, 07:42 AM
raron455

My personal F16 I ordered and received last month, looks absolutely fantastic, Im proud to have it..

Last edited by raron455; 02-05-2016 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:43 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by raron455
My personal F16 I ordered and received last month, looks absolutely fantastic, Im proud to have it..
I dont doubt this but like everything else thats all about perspective, my perspective of what perfect can be different. I have owned a couple SM models now all have had issues. This current one has used gear in it and was painted another scheme prior to the current. You guys would probabbly laugh at the cockpit, one was destroyed the other was melted to the point it put a hole in it and they made a make shift patch but it is warped. Not bashing but when ever something like this comes up its always the same story"your the first person that has had this issue" right after they tell you they have had issues with it. I will talk to John and get the back story could be one of the instances above and I was just not giving the correct info on the jet.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:34 AM
MachLoop
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by MNModels
Hi,

Skymaster do not repaint models different colors to sell as new.

Morné
I have photo evidence documentation of a recent experience that directly contradicts your claim of what does not happen. I am still in the process of trying to achieve satisfactory resolution of this situation. I have 6 months of lost time and opportunity to which Skymaster does not seem interested in providing any concession in return. It is difficult when the owner of the company does not respond to a private message request to discuss the matter.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:22 AM
raron455

Originally Posted by FenderBean
I dont doubt this but like everything else thats all about perspective, my perspective of what perfect can be different. I have owned a couple SM models now all have had issues. This current one has used gear in it and was painted another scheme prior to the current. You guys would probabbly laugh at the cockpit, one was destroyed the other was melted to the point it put a hole in it and they made a make shift patch but it is warped. Not bashing but when ever something like this comes up its always the same story"your the first person that has had this issue" right after they tell you they have had issues with it. I will talk to John and get the back story could be one of the instances above and I was just not giving the correct info on the jet.
I understand,, But,,,I didnt say perfect though,,if my wings would have had the leading edge flaps that I paid for (which are supposed to be standard), or if I would have gotten the hardware kit, that I paid for, or even the bearings for the stabs, that I paid for,or the Chute option, that I paid for(chief refunded me my money for that, big source of confusion),,then I would maybe say perfect. I did pay for a bypass that I didnt order. Still waiting on all this stuff, ordered the jet in june, got it early December just as promised, but still waiting on all the stuff..My jet looks fantastic though,

Michaels jet though,, what a shame, thats the one I was referring to as definately a repaint, and a G1 sold as a G2..

Last edited by raron455; 02-05-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:30 AM
MachLoop
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by raron455
I understand,, But,,,I didnt say perfect though,,if my wings would have had the leading edge flaps that I paid for (which are supposed to be standard), or if I would have gotten the hardware kit, that I paid for, or even the bearings for the stabs, that I paid for,or the Chute option, that I paid for(chief refunded me my money for that, big source of confusion),,then I would maybe say perfect. I did pay for a bypass that I didnt order. Still waiting on all this stuff, ordered the jet in june, got it early December just as promised, but still waiting on all the stuff..My jet looks fantastic though,

Michaels jet though,, what a shame, thats the one I was referring to as definately a repaint, and a G1 sold as a G2..
Ronnie - it was a G2. Just not a new G2.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:48 AM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MNModels

When a customer crash his jet, Skymaster offer new airframe and reinstall the old landing gear in new airframe. Customer need to return landing gear to factory. Likai will repair back to spec and send to factory to install in new airframe.
I have had this service on a plane and was very well done on a timely manner.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:22 AM
FenderBean

Well sm confirmed the gear is used, I wasn't given the correct info. Thanks for the info here guys
Old 02-09-2016, 08:55 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fender could you please tell the whole story? Are you building a jet for a customer that may have been a replacement? There for it may have been used gear?

Just want to know. I have not bought a new jet from SM but may be in the future.

Either way I glade you found out what was going on.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:24 AM
MNModels

Michael,

I would like that info please. Always two sides of the story. I will investigate once I have the info.

Rgds
Old 02-09-2016, 05:33 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well if you read my post above you will understand that it did happen to me with my F80 order. I did not make this up. John at SM acknowledged that it happened and offered to build me a new one.
Not saying that this is the norm, but it has obviously happened more than once at this point.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:20 AM
johnzqh

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Well sm confirmed the gear is used, I wasn't given the correct info. Thanks for the info here guys
Hi Keith

just clarify.since you bought plane from private seller not from factory or official agent,you might have misunderstanding.factory did make brand new airframe,but landing gear was offered from private seller that you bought plane from,not from factory.

Best regards

John
Old 02-10-2016, 04:14 AM
MNModels

IFLYBVM2,

As I told you there are always 2 sides to a story.
So the second hand LG issue solved and "repainted f80". I am just waiting the info on f16 to investigate the claims.

Rgds

Last edited by MNModels; 02-10-2016 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:48 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by johnzqh
Hi Keith

just clarify.since you bought plane from private seller not from factory or official agent,you might have misunderstanding.factory did make brand new airframe,but landing gear was offered from private seller that you bought plane from,not from factory.

Best regards

John
You are correct, the add never stated it nor did the seller. Not hit on sm I just wanted to know since I wouldn't have bought it with used gear for a new price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.