Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy ecus Telemetry!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy ecus Telemetry!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 01:37 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Interested on using this with Weatronic Bat 60. I could not see the hardware connections. Where does the unit connect to? Mux-Box, LinkVario, other?
Is there anything else needed?
Thanks.
The Flight Computer connects directly to the Wea receiver in the SCU port. ATTENTION: the connection lead is not "straight", the Wea RX, contrary to all other telemetry receivers, receives the data using the central pin, so the red lead should be cut on the connector that plugs in the RX, and the orange moved to the center pin. Contact me directly if any doubt.

Gaspar
Old 04-18-2016, 07:53 AM
Gambler71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gaspar, I've just purchased a Xicoy FC1 from Nexus models here in the UK, but am struggling to get it to work. It has come with the V1.0 software/firmware.

1. Can you explain how to connect the FC1 up. I have a VT80, DX18G2 (TM1000 module) please.

2. Also where can I download the latest version of the software/firmware from?

My DX18G2 has been updated to v1.06a. I have one of your spektrum tm adapters and everything works fine. When I try to use the FC1 plus it powers up and reads all of the data on screen. The TM1000 is bound to the radio but I cannot see any turbine data on my DX18, all of the fields are blank. It's as if the FC1 is not providing an output.

Help please.

Thanks

Dave
Old 04-19-2016, 05:52 PM
JoeJr1485

Okay so I have the flight computer plus. When looking at the connections, Thro output 1/2, thro input, telem out, eng 1/2 do I plug my throttle output from my CB200 into the thro input into the flight computer then from thro output 1 to my ECU? then connect the telem output from the flight computer to my CB200? I want to make sure I have my connections right. would it be better to have the xicoy GPS or the Jeti GPS??

Thanks

Last edited by JoeJr1485; 04-19-2016 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:57 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Okay so I have the flight computer plus. When looking at the connections, Thro output 1/2, thro input, telem out, eng 1/2 do I plug my throttle output from my CB200 into the thro input into the flight computer then from thro output 1 to my ECU? then connect the telem output from the flight computer to my CB200? I want to make sure I have my connections right. would it be better to have the xicoy GPS or the Jeti GPS??

Thanks
I haven't installed one yet myself but I have one on order so from the instructions I think you (and I) will need the following connections.

Telemetry output - Connect to your CB200 EXT port (or EXT1 or EXT2).
Eng1 - Connect to ECUs data terminal port in place of the data terminal.

IF you are using an external module such as a GPS, etc, you will need an extra power connection. Connect "Throttle In" to any unused receiver or Powerbox port, not your throttle channel. Only power connections (no signal) needed. If you aren't powering any extra modules from the FC1, I think you can simply leave "Throttle In" disconnected.

The other connections appear to for future updates to support twin engines, etc.

Your receivers throttle channel should be connected to the ECU.

At least that is how I plan on connecting mine when it arrives. Hopefully if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

Last edited by wfield0455; 04-20-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:25 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I haven't installed one yet myself but I have one on order so from the instructions I think you (and I) will need the following connections.

Telemetry output - Connect to your CB200 EXT port (or EXT1 or EXT2).
Eng1 - Connect to ECUs data terminal port in place of the data terminal.

IF you are using an external module such as a GPS, etc, you will need an extra power connection. Connect "Throttle In" to any unused receiver or Powerbox port, not your throttle channel. Only power connections (no signal) needed. If you aren't powering any extra modules from the FC1, I think you can simply leave "Throttle In" disconnected.

The other connections appear to for future updates to support twin engines, etc.

Your receivers throttle channel should be connected to the ECU.

At least that is how I plan on connecting mine when it arrives. Hopefully if I'm wrong, someone will correct me.

Thanks Wayne. That helps me a lot. I didn't know if was supposed to connect my throttle connection into the FC1 and then from the FC1 to the ECU to control the throttle response to the turbine.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:32 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for the late repply, you can contact me directly if urgent, don't monitor this forum daily.

You don't need to connect anything to the throttle IF you connect the telemetry. At least one power source must be connected. If you DON'T use telemetry, then you should provide power to the throttle input.

Gaspar
Old 04-20-2016, 10:52 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by Gaspar
Sorry for the late repply, you can contact me directly if urgent, don't monitor this forum daily.

You don't need to connect anything to the throttle IF you connect the telemetry. At least one power source must be connected. If you DON'T use telemetry, then you should provide power to the throttle input.

Gaspar
Okay thank you Gaspar. You might see me asking you the same question in the other form. I should have checked this one first haha. Thanks to both of you for helping me out. I will be plugging it all in this weekend. Cant wait to use it.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:12 AM
Gambler71

Originally Posted by Gambler71
Gaspar, I've just purchased a Xicoy FC1 from Nexus models here in the UK, but am struggling to get it to work. It has come with the V1.0 software/firmware.

1. Can you explain how to connect the FC1 up. I have a VT80, DX18G2 (TM1000 module) please.

2. Also where can I download the latest version of the software/firmware from?

My DX18G2 has been updated to v1.06a. I have one of your spektrum tm adapters and everything works fine. When I try to use the FC1 plus it powers up and reads all of the data on screen. The TM1000 is bound to the radio but I cannot see any turbine data on my DX18, all of the fields are blank. It's as if the FC1 is not providing an output.

Help please.

Thanks

Dave
Just to confirm now that Gaspar provided me with the link to the V1.2 software;

http://www.xicoy.com/catalog/product...95&language=en

Towards the bottom of the page you will find the link to the V1.2 zip file.

It appears for Spektrum users that you do require the V1.2 software to see the ECU/turbine data via the TM1000. With the V1.0 software all of the TM data fields on my DX18 were blank. With the new software everything now works fine.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:20 AM
Lars N

Is there any demovideos on setup on a JR 28X, I hav e a ATJ220SV and J28X so this looks like a good thing to have.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:54 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i assume the telemetry adapter would be plugged into the sensor port on a jr receiver ??
Old 10-15-2017, 04:12 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also i would like to hear from 28X owners and see some pics or video of the system in action :-)
Old 04-05-2019, 10:23 AM
opjose

I just received my Flight Computer Plus

I am trying to hook it up to a TM 1000 and an older Xicoy ICU with the RJ45 connector. Xicoy sent me the RJ45 cable in the package.

Questions:

There are two small metal pins that came with the package that appear to be related to the two pressure holes on the bottom of the unit.
Are these to be inserted in the holes when the pitot tube is not attached?

Is the FC powered by the RJ45 adapter?

Do I connect the FC to the TM1000 using the white central connector?
And if so does the other end plug into the TM's X-bus port?
If that is true, what about power coming from the ECU and the TM1000?

Thanks