Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PowerBox Systems Weatronic Merged

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PowerBox Systems Weatronic Merged

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:08 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Hi David, I have always been a fan of weatronics but due to lack of info and not many people here in the states using them I held off, butt over the years I have continued to research their radios and even played with them at the events here. I have been with futaba for about 25 years and was planning to give the bat60 a try. Like anyone would do I just decided to hold off until I found out if the company was going to stay around. I totally agree that PB and weatronics joining is a great thing, both are proven products and I'm excited to see what comes in the future. Sorry if I took your post wrong.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:10 AM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
I am sorry to hear that you have had support issues from Europe.
We are committed to our customer satisfaction for the USA market and I guess that there aren't many customers who can complain about my service as well as Woody and Matthew's availability and proficiency.
Yeah the support in europe has not been the best, although the weatronic guys are very enthusiastic at jetpower. Hope they sort out my BAT 64 bugs
Old 03-19-2016, 09:13 AM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oli and David i have to congratulate you on taking the whole support of weatronic on your shoulders, you both have helped many users, me included, in working the system.we appreciate all your help ;-)
Old 03-19-2016, 02:31 PM
nobbybasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this announcement will now stop all the knockers that have said that weatronic have gone ?, what other radio offers the same spec as this system I.E gizmo receivers no other components to buy its all there (gyro...voltage regulators ect ect ect)

Last edited by nobbybasher; 03-19-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 03-20-2016, 02:48 AM
fireblade5437

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be handy using the Bluetooth that you can have in the Bat60/64 to update software directly in the PowerBoxes!

Dohhh! Just brought a Bluetooth update module off Paul at Nexus and then I thought of this!

Alan
Old 03-20-2016, 03:05 PM
roger.alli

This is Good news.

I have been using the DV3/4 system for over 5 years. Like so many Wea users, I love the equipment, and the software that drives it.. When you have set up a model using Giga-control, it is hard to go back to a conventional system.

What has been frustrating is the seemingly indifference that Wea shows over basic issues, like the current lack of Gyro software, or the old English voice file chestnut.

This merger has great promise.. Looking forward to what happens..
Old 04-13-2016, 05:52 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thngs might not be going quite as well as many thought...

“The German electronics producer PowerBox-Systems GmbH located in Donauwörth has taken over the insolvent weatronic GmbH per 04/01/2016. This message was put in this acquisition great expectations by the media and many modelers. Decisive for the commitment weatronic was an extension of the existing product range with a high quality remote control system.

After buying the weatronic GmbH at the reporting date 04.01.2016 were electronics and the management of PowerBox Systems in Berlin - Wildau and procured better insight into the technical and economic backgrounds of the company. After extensive screening of the stock and intensive discussions with employees of weatronic we came to the conclusion that a continuation of the weatronic products without major revisions of entire structures is not seamlessly possible.

PowerBox system is therefore as soon as possible to revise the entire product range. Understandably, an accurate timing of a restart is not be called.

For organizational and liability reasons no service for weatronic products will take place more. An external partner who sells the still stored original weatronic receivers and accessories, is still being sought.

PowerBox Systems regrets this necessary decision deeply.”
Old 04-13-2016, 08:11 AM
fireblade5437

Where did you get this info from?

Alan

Originally Posted by Nige321
Thngs might not be going quite as well as many thought...
Old 04-13-2016, 08:18 AM
Nige321

German model mag FB page, but it's now on the front of the Weatronic site...
Old 04-13-2016, 08:25 AM
fireblade5437

Thanks just seen it on German page, looks like we will end up with a Tx Rx that says Powerbox on it?

Alan
Old 04-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Nige321

Who knows - 6 months to sort it out, then re-launch at JetPower...??
Old 04-13-2016, 08:33 AM
fireblade5437

Thats how I am reading this PB Tx etc and I don't think they will offer any warranty or service on Wea branded stuff!

Alan

Originally Posted by Nige321
Who knows - 6 months to sort it out, then re-launch at JetPower...??
Old 05-30-2016, 10:15 AM
FliteMetal

Gentlemen:

Before this discussion gets blown sideways off track I will share something more recent than March 2016. Late
last night I made an inquiry to Richard Deutsch, President of Power Box Systems Germany relative to the fact
there have been no updates to Power Box's acquisition of Weatronics and what's next..

I enclose Richard''s reply in quotation marks:

(Quote)

"Re: Weatronicprodukte 6 months downstream...?Sent: Monday 30. May 2016, 01:58
by Richard Deutsch

Hello,

unfortunately we will no longer produce or service Weatronic products. From a technical and economic point we
cannot do that. We will work hard to make a new transmitter which should be compatible to the old receivers.

If you need any parts, our partner Fredi Quint may help you:

Superwings Modelvliegsport

Nico Quint
Nieuwe Kazernelaan 57
6711 JB Ede
Tel.: +31 0318 619807 "

(end quote)

Considering the issues over time faced by Wea, PB should not expect less, but perhaps more than six months
to resolve whatever PB does not like about Wea's current OpSys or PwrSys.

For those who have read and want to contact Power Box's Wea technical I have never seen an email address
for
Superwings Modelvliegsport's Nico Quint, that worked.

With the original PwrSys capable of operating at higher voltage for reliability you may see this in a Power Box
branded replacement. Leaving their marketplace with nothing but successful roll-out of fabulously received PB
branded product...and Wea a distant memory.

Last edited by FliteMetal; 05-31-2016 at 02:58 PM.