Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New USA Representation for Jetcat Products and Service

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New USA Representation for Jetcat Products and Service

Old 04-23-2016, 06:28 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My hope is he will have a speedy recovery. He has given me nothing but great service over the years. Dan
Old 04-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

As a relative newcomer to Turbines John was very helpful in getting my P70 back in service and gave valuable guidance when I had some installation issues. He helped me hang in there and get my waiver. I will always appreciate that and wish him a speedy recovery and future good health.

Todd at Dreamworks has also been great to work with and look forward to his success.

Pete
Old 04-30-2016, 10:10 AM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sorry to hear about John and I hope he has a speedy recovery and a less frustrating task on his next adventure. I too am a newer turbine flyer and John was instrumental in getting my P-120 fully upgraded to SX version at a very reasonable cost. It took some time, but the engine has been flawless. John was always patient and courteous on the phone, answering my many noob questions on turbines.

I agree with others who state John has been blamed for issues that are beyond his control. The issues with Jetcat originate in Germany, not here. I wish Todd the best in his new role and as an existing customer of DW, look forward to the new Jetcat USA.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:46 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had only Jetcat turbines (about 10 total) since I started in jets in 2004. I chose them based upon others success and then my success.
At my first Winamac visit I had a problem and Bob W, who didn't know me, came over and diagnosed and adjusted things so I could fly and the helped me get the turbine in for an NGV adjustment. That p120 then ran for another 4 years in my A10 until I sold it. The support and willingness to help was terrific. Thank you, Bob!

I have bought my last 4 turbines through Todd (and Linda!) with on time delivery and someone that answers the phone every time I call. I wish DreamWorks (you too George!) great success.

I have a 200SX that is coming close to service, it would be great if it didn't have to go to Germany for bearings/starter etc? If it has to go that is fine too, it would be nice to have an idea of turnaround time?

Dave

Last edited by ddennison; 05-01-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just seeing this and wishing John a complete recovery and Todd and his crew nothing but success in the future. I was a Jetcat dealer for a long time when GPA Hobbies was in business and we had nothing but good service and trouble free flights for our customers. The market has changed and the users are a small group who can make and break a brand if the service can't quickly fix any issues from the factory.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:56 AM
FERNANDOMONROYMD1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will see how things work with JetCat USA.

I purchased a JetCat P100RX from Dremaworks on January. I had to wait for JetCat Germany to ship the engine for over 4 months (May). I went to visit some friends in Daytona and picked up the turbine three weeks ago. I tried to star the turbine three times but I had to shut it off because the amount of fire coming out was dangerous. After removing all the excess fuel I had two good runs with no issues. Days after that I tried to start it again and I had a lot of fire coming out. Once again I had the excess fuel out from the front part of the turbine. It had a nice start but it shut off. OC low RMP. After that It showed on the GSU " GlowDrive Error " and after that " StarterDrvErr ".

Today I will be sending the engine back. It supposed to arrive on thursday. I will let know now how things work with JetCat.

Fernando