Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New USA Representation for Jetcat Products and Service

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New USA Representation for Jetcat Products and Service

Old 04-13-2016, 12:52 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Bob!

Mr. Wilcox is a gentleman's gentleman.

We miss you at JetCat! And at the meets!

Raf
Old 04-13-2016, 12:53 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Bob!

Raf
+1 I stayed loyal to Jetcat because of Bob.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:14 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate to see Jetcat leave California, but I know it will be fine under Todd and Dreamworks. If your not sure what happened behind closed doors, please do not speculate and put all the blame on John Redman, there are others and other reasons for Jetcat leaving California!
Old 04-13-2016, 01:18 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
First let me say that I'm looking forward to the future of Jetcat service in the US, especially under Todd's leadership.

With that said, when will Jetcat GERMANY finally start shipping reliable engines? IMO, that's the elephant in the room. The new Jetcat USA wasn't without it's problems, but it's unfair to throw them under the bus when the engines don't work reliably. I've gone from owning over a dozen Jetcat engines to not owning a single Jetcat and it wasn't because of Jetcat USA. It was because of bad designs from the parent company.

Oh yeah, and that.

I have to give my props to John Redman. He treated me right and put his money in my model so I could keep flying. And then he turned my engine around in a very short time.

When it comes to the most important three factors in an engine (1. reliability, 2. reliability, 3. reliability) jetcat has certainly fallen off.

So much so, I haven't bought a new Jetcat in 7 years.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:50 PM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I never interacted with John Redman at Jet Cat USA. I did see him go above and beyond what was necessary to make sure a club member was happy with a Horizon product. He will do well in his new role as pilot and technical mechanic. ( I know, I once saw him fly a model around with his feet.) Good luck John Redman.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:00 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had the opportunity to sit down and get to know John Redman at FL Jets this past March. I really enjoyed the time hanging out together and learning a lot about full scale jets. I am sure John will be fine and I hope he will continue to be at the events. I really enjoyed his narrations at KY jets at the noon demos. He didn't do it last year so I hope he finds his way back.

I have not owned a Jet Cat so I am not making these comments about the turbines but instead about a very good Veteran of our country. Hope to see you soon buddy.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BobWilcox
I'm sure Dennis will get back to anybody that has repairs being forwarded to Todd. I will be there tomorrow and I will check on yours Zeeb.
Thank you for the consideration Bob, but I just got off the phone with those guys in Tehachapi and my engine is supposed to go out FedEx tonight.

I know there have been some issues with service and new engines but if JetCat Germany doesn't do their part, it's pretty tough to make a go of things here. My relationship with John has always been a good one with him always being ready to help out if I ran into a problem in the field. I've bough three engines from him in the last year and was hoping things were getting straightened out.

DreamWorks has always taken care of my orders and I've dealt with them quite a bit since getting into the turbines but, I've only talked to Todd on the phone once. I doubt he's going to give me his cell phone number like John and Dirk did.

I hope it goes well or I'll have to follow RCFlyerDan's lead and get rid of the JetCats.....
Old 04-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had hundreds of flight on the older generation JC and never ever had a single problem. Bob Wilcox has always been a great friend and a good businessman.

I wish JC the best. They have a tough road ahead of them with the present competition. It will be great for JC to be in the top again, more choices for us modellers means better products overall...
Old 04-13-2016, 03:53 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
Originally Posted by BobWilcox
Sorry guys, my old handle Bob_Wilcox didn't work. Hadn't made a post since 2007 so maybe that's why. Had to start a new one. Yes I did remember my old password.....

I still work for the manufacturer Ing. Cat so I was asked as to make these posts. Sacrificial lamb?????

I'm sure Dennis will get back to anybody that has repairs being forwarded to Todd. I will be there tomorrow and I will check on yours Zeeb.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:05 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

This is AWESOME news!

Bob
Old 04-13-2016, 05:43 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Congrats to DreamWorks and the team! I think this is a great transition and love the fact that JetCat is now here in my home state of Florida! I go down to see Todd all the time and he has a well lubed machine running down there and know he will do an excellent job with Jet Cat! Congrats to Todd and the DreamWorks team!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:47 PM
lov2flyrc

As I look back at where it all began; a concept, a small inventory of homemade parts, a spare bedroom closet, and an enormous passion for remote control aircraft.... I never imagined Dreamworks Model Products would have outgrown that bedroom, let alone become my career!
Today, another milestone has begun, as I take over the reins of JetCat USA. I am humbled to have been chosen by JetCat Germany to head their US operations. While I am overwhelmed at the sheer volume of work ahead, I look forward to the challenge!

To be clear, JetCat USA will be an independent company from Dreamworks Model Products. While in transition, all JetCat related business will be processed by the Dreamworks team however, once organized and properly staffed, Dreamworks will simply remain an active dealer and JetCat USA will operate independently. This will allow us to focus specifically on the JetCat product line and provide the best service and support possible.

Please take into perspective the enormity of this transition and allow a little patience as we get up to speed. We are here to serve JetCat immediately and along with my team, will do everything we can to sort through any active JetCat USA sales and / or service needs.

A new era in JetCat is here!

Todd Witkoff Dreamworks Model Products
JetCat USA
Old 04-13-2016, 06:10 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Todd, you will make JetCat better. Period!
Old 04-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Bob!

Raf
+1
Old 04-13-2016, 11:32 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats Todd,, they couldn't have chosen a better person for the job,,
Old 04-14-2016, 05:26 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Todd, this is Hector Armaiz from Puerto Rico.
AM I GLAD THEY SELECTED YOU AS THEIR
REPRESENTATIVE. From now on my 2 jetcats
will go to you.

Thanks;

Hector
Old 04-14-2016, 06:41 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, having only dealt with John I thought Jet Cat USA was not bad, at least there is no part of there warranty program that states if you talk bad about them online they have the right to void your warranty which feels shady.

I was actually going to call John today as I picked up a older Jet Cat Titian that is only making 32 pounds at 120400rpm vs. the123000 max rpm set, with pump voltage at 3v at WOT. I was told I have to run it up and press something on the controller to get the pump voltage to reset.

Good Luck To John and Todd in there new adventures
Old 04-14-2016, 07:10 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Wow, having only dealt with John I thought Jet Cat USA was not bad, at least there is no part of there warranty program that states if you talk bad about them online they have the right to void your warranty which feels shady.

I was actually going to call John today as I picked up a older Jet Cat Titian that is only making 32 pounds at 120400rpm vs. the123000 max rpm set, with pump voltage at 3v at WOT. I was told I have to run it up and press something on the controller to get the pump voltage to reset.

Good Luck To John and Todd in there new adventures
Hold the man button down and spool up the motor slowly all the way up to 123k it will store the setting and it should be ok after that. make sure in programming the motor is set to 123k its possible someone turned the rpm down.
Vin...
Old 04-14-2016, 07:36 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Todd will you be at MS jets?
Old 04-14-2016, 11:02 AM
K.O.
My Feedback: (16)

Oh yeah, and that.

I have to give my props to John Redman. He treated me right and put his money in my model so I could keep flying. And then he turned my engine around in a very short time.

When it comes to the most important three factors in an engine (1. reliability, 2. reliability, 3. reliability) jetcat has certainly fallen off.

So much so, I haven't bought a new Jetcat in 7 years.
I also have to give some credit to John. He walked into a difficult situation when the 180 RX's came on line. Those were not John's fault. He worked hard to get my 180;s running reliability and always treated me fair. I wish him the best in his new assignment and also the best to Todd taking over Jet Cat USA. I look forward to working with him.

K.O.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:41 AM
shepp

John Redman always treated me right and has always been helpful . I wish him the best in what ever he does.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:47 AM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the future, Dreamworks will be also able to service turbines that were purchased directly in Germany ? In the past, Jetcat USA was denying service to them....
Old 04-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

in regards to the American market and our US representative JetCat USA, we have recently failed to maintain that level of trust and consumer confidence the American market demands.

No truer words could be spoken.

I truly wish Todd all the best at repairing such a damaged company.

After having to wait over 4 months for a simple repair to my engine.. when I finally did get it back I sold it at a discount price just to get rid of it. I NEVER want to have to go threw all the BS and Lies again, that I had to endure with JetCat USA.

I started in the jet world with JetCat and at one point had 3 engines.. There all gone now and like so many others I will never deal with JetCat again! Why would anyone.. when you get such great service from Kingtech??

Oh and for those of you not in the know..... If you want your engine fixed at JetCat.. You have to call the owner and kiss his ass. They wont start work on it till you do that.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:55 PM
RickBoyer
My Feedback: (37)

Yeah, this is awesome news Wilcox. I've got two P-120's in to John for service in Tehachapi California right now and need them back for Top Gun in two weeks.

Does JetCat have any other good news they would like to share??

Rick Boyer
Old 04-14-2016, 04:27 PM
lov2flyrc

Originally Posted by RickBoyer
Yeah, this is awesome news Wilcox. I've got two P-120's in to John for service in Tehachapi California right now and need them back for Top Gun in two weeks.

Does JetCat have any other good news they would like to share??

Rick Boyer
Rick - give me a call in the office tomorrow, I'm sure we can come up with a solution.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.