Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM T-33 Landing gear required

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM T-33 Landing gear required

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Jenko199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BVM T-33 Landing gear required

Hello all,

I am looking for a set of retracts / landing gear for a BVM T-33. Does anybody have a set or know of a set laying around that may be from a redundant or crashed airframe?

Any help would be hugely appreciated. This is my first visit to RC Universe after a local jet flyer advised me to check it out.

Thanks in advance,

Jenko.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:34 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

There are two different sets of landing gear for the BVM T-33.
The early kits (Balsa sheeted wing panels) used mechanical BVM retracts with separate air cylinders, and the "AFS" (Obechi sheeted wing panels) and current BVM T-33's (composite" silver painted in the mold" wing panels) use BVM purple gear.
The landing gear type is determined by the age of the kit...........Which version is yours? I'm guessing that you have one of the older kits.
In any case, the purple gear can be installed in the older kits with some small modifications.
Hope you have a good experience on RCU. Just don't get involved in or pay attention to any of the 'drama" that shows up from time to time.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Jenko199

Thanks for that Harley, I didn't know that. So I have the Obechi sheeted wing version. Do you know if BVM will sell me just the landing gear? (wheels, struts, brakes) as I already have a set of retracts.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:53 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Jenko,
BVM will sell you anything that in is their catalog.
If you have an aftermarket set of landing gear units, make sure that the struts will fit the gear unit trunnions. The BVM Duro Strut strut diameter is .406 as I recall, which is 13/32".
The strut part numbers are 4640 for the mains, and 4642 for the nose. If you wish to buy the set, the part number is 5420.
Wheels and brakes and struts are sold as a set or individually. The part number for the wheels, tires and brake set is 5640. That includes the wheels, brake hubs and brake install kit.
As I stated earlier, the main landing gear units must have the cylinders reversed to be outboard of the stub wing. You will notice a clearance relief in the root of the outboard wing panel to receive the gear unit cylinder. The drawings and manual gives you all of the installation information...
The reason the cylinders must be reversed is to prevent the cylinder from interfering with the strut upon retraction. Since the jet is scale, the strut lengths are short and the tires are large. (3 1/2") .
To order, call Patty at 407-327-6333 and see www.bvmjets.com for additional information.