Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

jeti wireless switch

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

jeti wireless switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 05:32 AM
kingtight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeti wireless switch

Im using a SPS 20 in conjunction with r3/rsw and duplex 10 the R3 RSW IS being used as a wireless switch.
The issue is I have or seem to have everything connected correctly and has enabled the switch in the radio
but its still not switching on the radio .Im really baffled by this. I did a search here saw some things but Im still stuck.Any suggestions?
Old 05-14-2017, 07:17 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you need to cut off the magnetic switch from the SPS20 to install a universal connector ? If so and you had a battery connected to the SPS20 when you cut the wire you probably destroyed the SPS20. I wasn't paying attention and forgot to disconnect the battery and wrecked a DSM10 this way.
If you reconnect the magnetic switch to the SPS20 can you power the receiver on/off ? If so, then the SPS20 is fine, disconnect the magnetic switch and connect the the R3/RSW, port 3 in it's place. Make sure you get the polarity correct. It shouldn't hurt anything if you get it backwards but it won't work either.
If that is all connected correctly and it still doesn't work then there is something wrong with your R3 setup or the R3 itself. When you go into the device explored and select the RCSwitch menu does it show up properly while it's connected to the SPS20 ? If not, it probably isn't receiving power from the SPS20.
Once you get it working, the R3/RSW draws quite a bit of standby current (about 25mah) so you MUST disconnect the battery from the SPS20 between flying sessions.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:29 AM
kingtight

thanks for responding.... the sps20 is working greatmodel on/off when used with the magnetic key however theres no cutting done i simply unplug the magnetic piece and installed a male to male and plug one end into the sps 20 3 port as stated
and the other end into the switch.Its showing up in device exploree as enabled and paired.maybe Im missing something switch is assigned and all audio also..when activated radio shows everything voice command etc.
but the model dosnt respond.Now im using as a switch so it should stay in default mode correct not double path mode am I correct in saying that?
Old 05-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Are you getting the question (to confirm turning it on) on the screen when you switch the RX ON........?

Do you see the RC switch under the RX in the device explorer (meaning the last device not part of the RX)?

Last edited by Dansy; 05-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:55 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by kingtight
thanks for responding.... the sps20 is working greatmodel on/off when used with the magnetic key however theres no cutting done i simply unplug the magnetic piece and installed a male to male and plug one end into the sps 20 3 port as stated
and the other end into the switch.Its showing up in device exploree as enabled and paired.maybe Im missing something switch is assigned and all audio also..when activated radio shows everything voice command etc.
but the model dosnt respond.Now im using as a switch so it should stay in default mode correct not double path mode am I correct in saying that?
Ok, the earlier units didn't have a connector installed and you had to cut the wires to the mag switch and add your own connector which is why I made that comment. Just to be clear, the RC Switch has nothing to do with Default or Dual Path and your R3 should NOT show up in the Device Explorer main menu. You should only see it by selecting the RC Switch menu in Device explorer. If that shows as enabled, shows a valid ID instead of all 0s and you get the pop up on the screen asking if you want to power on/off when you toggle the assigned switch then it should work. If all of that is correct and it doesn't power up when you confirm the pop up, try plugging a battery tester into one of the R3's unused ports and verify it has power, if not then you need to figure out why it doesn't. Otherwise it sounds like the R3 may be bad but that seems unlikely so triple check everything before assuming it's bad..

Last edited by wfield0455; 05-14-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:59 PM
wfield0455

Last edited by wfield0455; 05-14-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Got [[posted twice somehow.,
Old 05-14-2017, 04:48 PM
kingtight

just a few more questions when i power up the transmitter it says switch inactive and ask do I really want to use this reveiver.Now I had this receiver In a other model that I dont have any more.
Do I need to erase memory from receiver/ and how is It done if thats the case?.And why is it saying switch is inactive if everything is done correctly.
So im assuming its a receiver issue ?maybe still lost any other suggestions?
Old 05-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

You only need to bind the receiver once, but when you power up a different model you have to answer yes to that question and the you can start using it on different model, if you haven't done that then that's what is wrong.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:04 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by kingtight
just a few more questions when i power up the transmitter it says switch inactive and ask do I really want to use this reveiver.Now I had this receiver In a other model that I dont have any more.
Do I need to erase memory from receiver/ and how is It done if thats the case?.And why is it saying switch is inactive if everything is done correctly.
So im assuming its a receiver issue ?maybe still lost any other suggestions?
Connect a battery directly to the R3, leave the main receiver powered off and turn on your transmitter. If you see the "do you really want to use this receiver" I think that indicates it wants to use the R3 as your main receiver so answer NO. Go into Device Explorer, RC Switch and make sure it's enabled and it should show a non zero ID and give some indication that it's talking to the R3 as an RC Switch if everything is configured correctly. I haven't done this for a while so unfortunately I can't get more specific but if the the ID is all 0s that indicated it doesn't recognize the R3 as an RC Switch and it should provide a way to bind to the RC Switch. Once it finds RC Switch and you get pop ups asking if you want to power up/down when you flip the switch assigned in the RC Switch menu, THEN connect the R3 to the SPS20 mag switch cable and when you turn on the RC switch it should power up the main receiver. If at this point you get the "do you want to use this receiver" question, answer YES and the receiver should connect and you should never see that message again unless you move that receiver to a different model. If you still can't figure it out and need more specifics I'll dig out an R3 and configure it as an RC Switch to refresh my memory and write up step by step instructions.

Last edited by wfield0455; 05-14-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:22 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Connect a battery directly to the R3, leave the main receiver powered off and turn on your transmitter. If you see the "do you really want to use this receiver" I think that indicates it wants to use the R3 as your main receiver so answer NO. Go into Device Explorer, RC Switch and make sure it's enabled and it should show a non zero ID and give some indication that it's talking to the R3 as an RC Switch if everything is configured correctly. I haven't done this for a while so unfortunately I can't get more specific but if the the ID is all 0s that indicated it doesn't recognize the R3 as an RC Switch and it should provide a way to bind to the RC Switch. Once it finds RC Switch and you get pop ups asking if you want to power up/down when you flip the switch assigned in the RC Switch menu, THEN connect the R3 to the SPS20 mag switch cable and when you turn on the RC switch it should power up the main receiver. If at this point you get the "do you want to use this receiver" question, answer YES and the receiver should connect and you should never see that message again unless you move that receiver to a different model. If you still can't figure it out and need more specifics I'll dig out an R3 and configure it as an RC Switch to refresh my memory and write up step by step instructions.
Exactly right.. follow this procedure