Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Kingtech ECU Soon to be released!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Kingtech ECU Soon to be released!!!

Old 05-11-2016, 03:51 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by more
Have kingtech developed "Bus" system for the new ECU? The single wire installation will help to make clean installation.
I have not seen the wire harness yet but since its backwards compatible I would doubt its a single wire harness. It does have fool proof connections now.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:46 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Here's hoping for backward compatibility.....
Yes it is Zeeb, but a new set of cable is required, since the receptacles on the ECU are keyed, goof-proof.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-11-2016, 04:51 AM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by FenderBean
So this is a ecu with display so you don't have to plug in your hand held?
The touch screen is the GSU. The ECU is a separate unit.

Barry
Old 05-11-2016, 04:57 AM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Great news Barry.... I like it ... will the current Xicoy telemetry work on the new ECU or you will have new telemetry sensor....

David..
Yes, our system will require a new sensor for telemetry.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:14 AM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
On the "re-start" how does it gauge whether there has been a fuel leak that stopped the turbine, before it restarts the fuel pump and sprays fuel over a potentially hot engine with no way of monitoring it (with eyes on the ground) I know this has been shown on a couple of engines, I personally think its one of those crazy potentially dangerous 'beer - bottle of wine' thought ideas. I guess I'd need to know more info.
There are so many reasons why a turbine might stop and people flying around with a mind-set that the turbine will restart and save the day, just sounds like a guaranteed crash because it doesn't!
Without knowing the software I guess its safely linked to rpm (so if the turbine seizes, it won't try to restart)??

Way too many 'what ifs' for me!
The restart will only progress given appropriate data, ie. delta in EGT and RPM. It will also time itself off within seconds depends on the model of engine.

I think this trendy restart feature will only be effective in saving a very few flame outs, such as good plumbing, with a bubble lodged and then released, typically happens in a new jet, or a remaiden. The restart is obviously not a substitute of sorting out fuel delivery problem.

Barry
Old 05-11-2016, 05:16 AM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
I agree and I left that feedback on Facebook too. As it sounds now, if the engine seizes you will still be able to control the flame thrower. They would need a way to figure out a sensor failure from a real mechanical failure.

I do welcome new technology though.
Engine seize - no RPM, no restart, no flame throwing!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:19 AM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by mick15
Will it have cool down with the receiver off?
Sorry, this won't happen with our v.1

Last edited by marquisvns; 05-11-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: correction
Old 05-11-2016, 05:25 AM
marquisvns

Thank you all very much for looking into our new development as well as your comments and suggestions. More of that are greatly appreciated and encouraged, as we may still be able to implement into our new system.

Meanwhile, we like to thank Gaspar for his support and supply of Xicoy system which had been most reliable and effective for the past seven years of our productions. I believe we will still be using Xicoy for a certain models of our engines.

Regards,
Barry
Old 05-11-2016, 05:48 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Yes it is Zeeb, but a new set of cable is required, since the receptacles on the ECU are keyed, goof-proof.

Regards,
Barry

Excellent! Thanks for the update/questions answered.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:57 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

How about use in the twin configuration?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:21 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

The restart will only progress given appropriate data, ie. delta in EGT and RPM. It will also time itself off within seconds depends on the model of engine.

I think this trendy restart feature will only be effective in saving a very few flame outs, such as good plumbing, with a bubble lodged and then released, typically happens in a new jet, or a remaiden. The restart is obviously not a substitute of sorting out fuel delivery problem.

Barry

Thanks for the answer

Dave
Old 05-11-2016, 12:24 PM
luge_racer

One of the reasons why I got the FC1 for the Xicoy ECUs on my engines was that it came with an integrated airspeed indicator (less pitot tube). Will the new Kingtech ECU/telemetry have the same function?
Old 05-11-2016, 05:00 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

When (God, allah, buddha, Tom Cruise, etc.. NOT willing) your jet goes down, it has to be procedure to turn your engine off.

As a matter of fact, once your jet is deemed non-recoverable, the engine should be shut down so as to minimize fire danger anyways.

Barry, this sounds really exciting!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:21 PM
leelee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news. Never had a flame out with my 180 but I think it would be well worth the upgrade. Awesome job KingTech.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:54 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Engine seize - no RPM, no restart, no flame throwing!
Not a restart but it would try to keep the engine going? I'ts important to catch all these things without being irritated at us pointing at them.

I welcome technology, but some of the new tech needs tweaking and input.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:57 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you all very much for looking into our new development as well as your comments and suggestions. More of that are greatly appreciated and encouraged, as we may still be able to implement into our new system.

Regards,
Barry
Ah here it is, what I was talking about above
Old 05-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Barry, when will these ECU`s be going into the engine boxes? Obviously there are engines still at kingtech that are new but have the older ecu`s, when will the new ecu`s be put into the boxes for shipping?

Steven
Old 05-12-2016, 01:05 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Westwindpilot86
Barry, when will these ECU`s be going into the engine boxes? Obviously there are engines still at kingtech that are new but have the older ecu`s, when will the new ecu`s be put into the boxes for shipping?

Steven
Don't know the exact date but its for sure after Kentucky jets. We are hoping to have a demo unit to display at Kentucky.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:28 PM
more

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer Bus-system than backwards compatible.The new ECU is just like a minor change in old technology while others jet manufacturers have changed to Bus-system and brushless motor.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Well I have been trying to decide between the Jetcat and Kingtech and this will make up my mind. I was looking to get my brand new (now) K-140 in the next couple weeks, but I can hold off for this.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:45 PM
Bob Toilet

Will the restart system work on all turbinesizes, or only on the small high rpm turbines?
Old 06-10-2016, 01:38 AM
mauryr

Here's a video of a test flight by a friend of mine in Taiwan

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vid...xt=0&width=560
Old 06-10-2016, 02:12 AM
EDFJim
My Feedback: (2)

Very cool !
Old 06-10-2016, 04:01 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!
Old 06-11-2016, 03:53 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dave wilshere
on the "re-start" how does it gauge whether there has been a fuel leak that stopped the turbine, before it restarts the fuel pump and sprays fuel over a potentially hot engine with no way of monitoring it (with eyes on the ground) i know this has been shown on a couple of engines, i personally think its one of those crazy potentially dangerous 'beer - bottle of wine' thought ideas. I guess i'd need to know more info.
There are so many reasons why a turbine might stop and people flying around with a mind-set that the turbine will restart and save the day, just sounds like a guaranteed crash because it doesn't!
Without knowing the software i guess its safely linked to rpm (so if the turbine seizes, it won't try to restart)??

Way too many 'what ifs' for me!
safer than-- the "c/g machine ""

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.