Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is TamJets still around?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is TamJets still around?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:50 AM
iog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is TamJets still around?

Hello!

I just wanted to ask the community if you all have heard anything from Tam? I placed an order over a month ago and I have never received any info from them. I have called and sent several emails but have not received any response. Another buddy of mine is also experiencing the same thing. Hopefully all is well and he is enjoying his fishing trips. I just want to try to find out if I should cancel my order and look else where for the parts.

Thanks
AK

Last edited by iog; 09-25-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

AK,
In mid-July, I placed an order for a set of Tam wheels/brakes along with a thin-wing servo mount. About a month later without receipt I enquired and was informed that Tam is no longer machining items such as wheels/brakes. I did receive a credit on my charge card and that was it. Sorry to learn that Tam is no longer supporting jets, as he had some really good items at a fair price.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 09-19-2017, 08:50 AM
iog

Originally Posted by Art ARRO
AK,
In mid-July, I placed an order for a set of Tam wheels/brakes along with a thin-wing servo mount. About a month later without receipt I enquired and was informed that Tam is no longer machining items such as wheels/brakes. I did receive a credit on my charge card and that was it. Sorry to learn that Tam is no longer supporting jets, as he had some really good items at a fair price.
Rgds,
Art ARRO

Thank you for the info. The landing gear struts is what I was after. Back to the drawing board.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:00 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah he posted here awhile back saying that it was just too much hassle and not enough income to keep going with the hobby business. He said he might do some part time stuff, but if you ask me his tone was such that he'd had enough.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:04 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

He posted this on his personal Facebook Aug 22nd

To all my hobby customers and friends. Last few months I been out of metals to making pipe. Even till now I won't expect to get my metals order sometime in mid September. Also big spike on cost too.
RC Jets business is been very tough for me in the last few years. Cost of materials and machine shop is too high. Most of my
products now is very little profit left to continue of making.
The pipes I still continue doing business when I get my metals. Some of the pipe
use more material there will be price increases.

Since last few months I had no income from pipes business. I was desperate seeking for work.
I did found a job and been busy working use my special skills I have over 30 years.
Now I'm officially a handyman. Anything I can fix. For the hours I work is 2-3 time more income than hobby business.
Therefore I no longer be able to put my 100% energy to hobby business. I only can do part time. Please understand for any delaying.

Thanks all for the business support
Old 09-19-2017, 03:01 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The common sense thing to do is post the notice on his website, which is still active.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:12 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Tam is a nice guy and is always willing to help. He made a pipe for me not long ago. I usually just give him a call.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I just got a long smoke tube from him a couple months ago.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
jet-lover

What a shame! Tamjet struts were brilliant!

Does anybody have any suggestions for a replacement trailing link struts?
Old 09-19-2017, 08:31 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Tam is a nice guy and is always willing to help. He made a pipe for me not long ago. I usually just give him a call.
Me too, gorgeous pipe, perfect dimensions. Maybe a few months ago. Tam is a good guy
Old 09-20-2017, 08:01 AM
iog

I've heard nothing but good things about Tam. I ordered landing gear for a Habu and some struts for an Electra. Even if he raised his prices I would still buy them. I like to support the little guys
Old 09-20-2017, 10:00 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Personally I can see him not making struts....too dog eat dog. The pipes are quite another thing. Not much competition and his knowledge, craftsmanship and brand name give him pricing power
Old 09-25-2017, 11:13 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whilst I understand Tam's predicament, his website is still open and accepting orders. There is nothing on the website to suggest that stock is limited or that he is not intending to fulfil orders.

I also have struts on order and really don't want to cancel the purchase if there is any chance that they might be delivered, even if I have to wait a bit. In fact, I might even order some more if he can supply them.

However, if he has given up for good and has no stock then he really shouldn't be accepting more orders on his website.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:37 PM
iog

Originally Posted by siclick33
Whilst I understand Tam's predicament, his website is still open and accepting orders. There is nothing on the website to suggest that stock is limited or that he is not intending to fulfil orders.

I also have struts on order and really don't want to cancel the purchase if there is any chance that they might be delivered, even if I have to wait a bit. In fact, I might even order some more if he can supply them.

However, if he has given up for good and has no stock then he really shouldn't be accepting more orders on his website.
It has been 6 weeks since I ordered the struts. I have called and emailed a dozen or so times and I have received no response. I filed a claim with paypal and he has also has not responded to that as well.
I would have been totally cool with a wait time if he had responded to any of the emails. Even if it was a simple, I'll be out of stock till November. Just something so I can plan ahead and know if he is or isn't making them.
It is what it is.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:16 PM
Robzylla
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I shipped a couple of unopened fail safes back to him on 8/17.
Had few email exchanges about putting credit towards purchase of couple pipes.
All seemed good!
After many emails and calling business phone daily since 8/20- no replies and voicemail is full.
I agree, if delay in production at least let me know!
Old 09-27-2017, 03:22 PM
jet-lover

These are very good replacements for Tamjet struts.

NEWS - Jet1A
Old 10-18-2017, 03:49 AM
Shaun Evans

But he still is. The site is up and running and taking orders. Maybe some of his friends on this site could let him know of the oversight so fellow modelers don't need to go through the wait and Paypal dispute routine.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

I had a few emails with Tam about 3 weeks ago about getting an air cylinder. His handy man business was keeping him super busy and he had no time to do the order(understandable.. this order was just one piece).
I can ping him to see what he says about the pipes.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:49 AM
siclick33

Pinging him won’t solve the problem. If he isn’t going to fulfil orders placed on his website (or answer emails) he needs to close it down. I have just had to go through the PayPal resolution process to get my money back.

What career he chooses to persue is entirely up to him and I wish him all the best, but he shouldn’t be taking people’s money if he isn’t in the modelling business any more.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Shaun Evans

Pinging him won’t solve the problem. If he isn’t going to fulfil orders placed on his website (or answer emails) he needs to close it down. I have just had to go through the PayPal resolution process to get my money back.

What career he chooses to persue is entirely up to him and I wish him all the best, but he shouldn’t be taking people’s money if he isn’t in the modelling business any more.
Hi

When you go through the PayPal dispute process, it's a process that involves them emailing you and notifying you that there's a problem. I'm personally aware of two other 'customers' who have had the same problem recently... and had to avail the same remedy. My point is that while Tam may be a 'good guy' (as his friends continue to post), he is also totally aware that the site is still taking orders and that people are having to file claims to get their money back. 'Good guy' is a matter of opinion, but the status of the site still taking orders and accepting payment is a matter of fact.

I think it's excellent that he's got enough handyman work to keep him busy, but if he can't spare the few minutes it takes to disable commerce on his site or modify his PayPal account to stop taking money for goods he doesn't have or won't ship, then maybe he can get one of these buddies to do it for him. Seems reasonable to me.

Last edited by Shaun Evans; 10-18-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:45 AM
Robzylla
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dilly Dilly!!!🍺
Old 10-18-2017, 11:50 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

outdated website = very low interest loans
Old 10-18-2017, 02:02 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

So, I can't speak for Tam but I got ahold of him and he says he has to stay focused and work hard on his new business. It clearly brings home the bacon more than the hobby business.
As for pipe orders he says it is hard to say if he could find time to make them.
I would take that to mean as long as the new business keeps him busy(fyi bay area economy is still good), then no pipes.

Again, I have no affiliation with Tam's business and just passing along what I know.
Darren
Old 10-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Shaun Evans

Thanks Darren

Did he happen to mention whether or not he was planning to update/modify his web site to stop taking orders/accepting payments?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:59 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by dbsonic
So, I can't speak for Tam but I got ahold of him and he says he has to stay focused and work hard on his new business. It clearly brings home the bacon more than the hobby business.
As for pipe orders he says it is hard to say if he could find time to make them.
I would take that to mean as long as the new business keeps him busy(fyi bay area economy is still good), then no pipes.

Again, I have no affiliation with Tam's business and just passing along what I know.
Darren
well **** damn hell!! Maybe someone can apprentice under him regarding pipe building.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.