Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jettronic Double Action Valve help needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jettronic Double Action Valve help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Jettronic Double Action Valve help needed

Hey folks put two of these on my F-14 with the intent to use the throttle function on the down side of the gear to hopefully stop breaking locking cylinders when the gear comes down. I managed to add a 8 sec down pulse but the default is 3 secs both ways., so I need some help getting the gear up pulse turned off or as low as possible to get max push up.

I have the lights set to green for down and red to up, it says press the green for 3 secs on power up, this allows me to adjust the down pulse very easy but what I cant figure out is how to adjust the up. It says to place the switch momentary position to adjust but that doesnt seem to work.

Should I turn on the receiver with the radio switch set to gear up? I tried this once and it turned on the fail safe function which I dont need. I think its telling me to press the green button on power up for 3 secs then flip the gear switch to the up then select red button which decreases the time, is this correct?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2016, 07:53 PM
FenderBean

EDFJim can you chime in if you read this? You mentioned doing this on your f-14
Old 05-11-2016, 07:49 PM
FenderBean

For anyone who has one of these jets and is going to use the throttle function, I finally figured it out. The valve needs a fresh reset, turn it on and memorize the gear switch position then turn off the receiver. Power on the receiver with the gear in the down pos while holding the button with the green light for 3 secs. At this point select the same green button to add time, since the default is three seconds I pushed it 4X to give me a 7 sec down throttle, then without turning off the receiver go switch up for the gear and the light will switch from green to red. At this point just decrease the time by pushing the red light button 3x to bring it to zero since like I stated the default time up/down is 3 secs. Then just turn it off to save the setting just in case, I added the default throttle to my gear doors and it seems to work great, looks scale and the doors dont slam open and closed. The gear moves very scale as well on the down and up as well. I have tried many thing from different valves to air restrictors and EDFJims idea of using the throttle for the down is the only thing I have to prevent the plastic rod end from snapping on the gear down. Even if you use metal rod ends it will simple just pull the air cylinder apart.
A side not I did hook all my valves up so the doors are open and the gear is down and the light is green. If yours are red in the down or any combination you will have to reverse the above adjustments. Cheers!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:27 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry what does the throttle have to do with retracts? Is this a mix or something?
Old 05-12-2016, 08:44 AM
FenderBean

The throttle is more a pulse feature of the jetronic air valve, it allows you to slowing increase the pressure to the air cylinder to the full pressure. The problem with SM F-14 gear design is the lack of a stop on the support arm. The lock strut has a small air cylinder on it that keeps the joint center. The problem is if you disconnect this you can still fold the support strut over on itself both directs. The gear is designed to fold the strut over as it comes up, but the bad is when the gear comes down the unfolding of the support strut snaps the rod end and the gear collapses on landing. A better design would be to put a mechanic stop on the support strut that isn't the small little 2.5 mm plastic rod end. So to prevent the gear slamming down under full air pressure, I added this valve with a seven second pulse on the gear when it comes down so it doesn't slam and break the end. The problem was need no pulse on the up just the down.