Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dangerous .... Minds

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dangerous .... Minds

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 12:18 PM
argyris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dangerous .... Minds

Dangerous .... Minds .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Bz-9WAoGg
Old 05-28-2016, 01:06 PM
lookilook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crazy people !
Old 05-28-2016, 08:59 PM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

He should have at least done a lap before he pulled the elevator. Maybe he was just taking it back to the factory next door. He can just jump the fence and grab another one off the shelf. Make sure the next one isn't pulling left. It might clear the little house.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:02 PM
jofunk

Stupid.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:25 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They all just laugh and laugh. It reminds me of the chinese test flight videos on active streets with lots of kids running around.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:39 AM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

The three most useless things for a pilot

1/ Fuel on the Ground, 2/ Runway behind you, 3/ Sky above you.

I guess he just demonstrated No.2.

It was probably the best outcome, trying to get a big jet back into a small field with
restricted approaches would probably have ended very ugly.

John.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:21 PM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you could all just read the description of the video that stated there was no intention to fly the model, but for whatever reason it went to full throttle. But hey abusing him is clearly so much easier.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:50 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yes, he s a victim of circunstances... what could go wrong demonstrating a model jet in a sports stadium?

great find Argyris.. thanks for posting!

Last edited by erbroens; 05-30-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:00 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

he was just doing a one hundred yard dash
Old 05-31-2016, 05:52 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

100 yard dash and no spikes just flats .
Old 05-31-2016, 06:29 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have an idea, let's fly the jet at the local track meet and be the coolest in the crowd. I bet we'll score with hot chicks.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:53 AM
argyris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahaha I 'm sure he listen faulty starter pistol MPAM......and he open the throttle!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	starter-clipart-starter_pistol_accident.gif
Views:	82
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	2165216  
Old 06-01-2016, 11:28 AM
stevekott

It's simple to see the problem. He got out of his lane. He should have gone around the track one more time to build up more speed before trying to rotate.

Simple rookie mistake!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:23 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Even if it was a transmitter failure like the comments suggest, Does that mean that the fail safe was set to full throttle?
Do not all turbine ECUs shut down the turbine in the event of a RX failure?
Old 06-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Airliner-rc
My Feedback: (1)

idiots
Old 06-03-2016, 03:55 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinfool1
Even if it was a transmitter failure like the comments suggest, Does that mean that the fail safe was set to full throttle?
Do not all turbine ECUs shut down the turbine in the event of a RX failure?
We should all use this as a lesson to verify "our" Tx/Rx fail safe programming, which is up to the user to set.
For example in the Jeti radio system this is stored in the Rx, which is accessed through the Jeti device explorer in the transmitter, a very simple process but easy to overlook!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:17 AM
harpoonrs

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the explanation here

http://kerostart.com/viewtopic.php?f...ef633909996d14
Old 06-03-2016, 03:43 PM
jofunk

Is there a translation for that. I don't speak French.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

It says loss of signal.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Ozmodeller

Originally Posted by jofunk
Is there a translation for that. I don't speak French.
Hello everybody For those interested, here's some clarification on this unfortunate story. I was invited by Captain Richard Twomey who is president of civil society d'aviation Mauritian, to make several demonstrations during of a contest 'aéromodélisme for students. You should know that the First of all text accompanying the video do not correspond to reality. It was never a question of taking off, d'ailleurs the environment does not lend itself at all. I was invited to a rolling demonstration. The public was high on the stands. On request of the organizers, the approaches and track pieces were clear when I started the reactor. I had taken up al'opposé public on the left side of the bleachers. After starting the reactor, I move the aircraft to the public with a set acceleration and braking once you pass the other ends of the bleachers, then turn around, fixed point, prior to overshoot, the aircraft accelerates a short time and I cut the gas while braking. But this time, there is no response, or brakes, or the turbine. I do not know exactly how long this signal loss last? Can be 2 seconds. It was a horrible time to live .... Especially when the plane passed me, I realized with frights that some young people had disobeyed the instructions of the organizers by introducing the end of the runway. The aircraft fortunately did not hurt anyone. However, later in the day, I learned that a young man, having taken fright, had fallen into a small shrub and was wounded in the leg branches. Following this accident, I made ​​a report Captain Richard Twomey. A few days later. He informed me that he had studied the report and the case was closed. I have no formal proof of why this loss of signal. However it is possible that the large number of mobile phones, Androids and other activity could blur the connection. Because after my first visit, young people who were in the stands are all down in the front row to film. There was probably close to 200 people who were filming a 5 or 6 meters of the track. It felt like a hedge about 50 meters of stands, while I was al'opposé has sixty meters. What supports this possibility is the recovery of the signal when the aircraft is found in my vicinity, but it was unfortunately too late. In 25 years d'aéromodélisme, I have never experienced such painful times. The Typhoon had 180 flights, without this kind of incident. This terrible experience I reteins the teaching that, despite all precautions, nobody Sheltered of a technical failure and therefore I now abstain from demoing rollings in places that other 'a dedicated track this effect. hoping that my explanations are heard and they calm the game. Regards. Nila

Via Google!
Old 06-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NZjet
Or you could all just read the description of the video that stated there was no intention to fly the model, but for whatever reason it went to full throttle. But hey abusing him is clearly so much easier.
Quick mouths and slow brains are far too common on the jet forums.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:56 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

a couple here seem to think that it is uncool to make funny comments about this incident. my observations: models and track meets never ever go together. ever. i dont need hindsight to know that. second, people everywhere. not good. lastly, of course the pilot is going to say radio issues. no other good explanation is left. it did throttle back in my opinion, was just going too fast. however, maybe it was a radio issue. i can say this with confidence, i wouldnt have been running my jet at a track meet with people everywhere. so a few humorous comments are acceptable in my opinion. i bet this guy probably wont do this kind of demo again.