Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

3 yr old cheetah turbine how much different then the current offering?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

3 yr old cheetah turbine how much different then the current offering?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 03:53 AM
jesse2357
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3 yr old cheetah turbine how much different then the current offering?

I'm looking buying a used cheetah turbine off a guy. He says he's had it over 3 years now and it has a total of 19 hours on it. My question is how much different is it from the current offering ? Is it upgradable to be the same as the one they offer today ? And what is the service interval ?
Old 06-30-2016, 07:50 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Is it an SP (Powerpack version)? The newest version is the SE.
You can contact JetCentral or try posting this in the JetCentral forum to get upgrade fees.
AFAIK, the service internal for JetCentrals has remained at 25 hours.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:35 PM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The older versión es 32 lbs thrust, the new SE versión is 36 lbs (I have one) and I understand the old one is not upgradeable to the 36 lbs thrust. If its not the Power Pack versión it could be upgradable to that but maintaining the 32 lbs thrust. Best source for an answer is to call Jetc Central.

Regards
Old 06-30-2016, 04:16 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse2357
I'm looking buying a used cheetah turbine off a guy. He says he's had it over 3 years now and it has a total of 19 hours on it. My question is how much different is it from the current offering ? Is it upgradable to be the same as the one they offer today ? And what is the service interval ?
If you are ok with 31 pounds of thrust, just use it as is!!! I have 2 old cheetahs (non powerpack, 31 pounds) and they are AMAZING engines. Ultra reliable, fuel efficient and lightweight.

If you want to upgrade it, it depends on the version. Can you post a pic?
Old 06-30-2016, 05:56 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

That turbine is in the classified ads at the moment, it is a pre-power pack version.
I have the same Turbine, it runs flawless and puts out 32 lbs.
If you can get it for a good price I would just use it as is....

Note: it may or may not be eligible for transferring the warranty.

I believe the warranty can be transferred once from the original owner, and it will cost $250 to transfer it, and then the $250 fee that will be due when it hits 25 hours.
So at 19 hours you are only six hours until a $250 bill would be due.along with the immediate $250 transfer fee...so $500 out of the gate, like I said you need to get it for a good price

Considering a brand new state of art one is approximately $2900 with the warranty, you can do the math to see what a used one is worth....