Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 12:56 PM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder
Don't know why I did not use it in the first place, habit I guess
TB
I've always used it on my gassers for the smoke system only. When filling and checking lines the blue takes all the guess work out. I have not been able to find this for years until now.
Thanks for reference to http://leisurercmodels.com/adhesives...-products.html
Old 09-27-2016, 03:01 AM
Quandry

Ok so thanks to you guys that are looking out after me I will be replacing the blue Tygon tubing from the tank to the UTA, and to the pump with clear tubing supplied by KingTech. Don't know why I did not use it in the first place, habit I guess

I also got a 4mm ball valve for the shut off, I don't like the festo fittings.

When I do nematic gear setups I like to test each section on its own to eliminate leak searching. So I pumped up the main system, and let it sit over night, neddle did not budg. So then when I add the wings and it won't hold air I know it's the wings, I do one wing at a time.

I also tested all servo leads as once this pup is all put together it will be a pain to get to anything. Next I will redo the fuel system and install the tray. That will complete the fuselage

TB

Hey Tony, if you are taking the time to redo your fuel system then I'd recommend moving your fuel pickup point (UAT) to a different location. Your setup is very clean and tidy but if for some reason you spring a leak at that point it will go straight out and on to your ECU. Enjoying your build pics and keep up the good work
Old 09-27-2016, 03:15 AM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony why the turbo reg, you gonna run lipos?

Getting a bit done this morning. I am working from the noes back.

Noes cone is done with bats, telemitry, ASI (pitot tube).

I chose to put the pitot in the noes for eas of access and installation.

Reciever bats are mounted here and run back to the volt regulator.

The UP3 valve is plumbed and I tested the front gear doors and noes retract before I move on. The door and gear work great, just needs 20-30 lb to slam it down. I slowed down the gear as it was fallowing the gear door almost simultaneous. Smart fly board is under the main tray and I may put some more stuff under there.

I need to install the break valve and the gear failsafe next to complete this section. I will layout the main board next.

TB
Old 09-27-2016, 03:43 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quandry
Hey Tony, if you are taking the time to redo your fuel system then I'd recommend moving your fuel pickup point (UAT) to a different location. Your setup is very clean and tidy but if for some reason you spring a leak at that point it will go straight out and on to your ECU. Enjoying your build pics and keep up the good work
Thanks man...I thought about that and really not sure where els to put it. I have no problemb with redoing the entire board and may do so, I am not to keen on using the CF board that comes with the board so I may just make a new one from 1/8" ply and face it like I did with the forward board.

But I think I have a solution!

TB

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 09-27-2016 at 04:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:50 AM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by Johnny9390
Tony why the turbo reg, you gonna run lipos?
when I first purchased the T-one I was using (and planed on using) a Futaba GS18 radio. I Would be using dule receivers so I got the turbo reg for the two bateries and the two recievers. But then I converted to spectrum and got the AR12120. I am using 8.4v Lilos! I know I don't need it but being I have it and I like the failsafe pin flag switch. I know I don't need it and there are other switches I can use but I got this so unles there is a reason not to use it (I'm asking?) I will use it!

TB
Old 09-27-2016, 04:49 AM
Johnny9390

Not at all. Some people use it cause they use a non digital simple servo for the retracts and wanna keep the voltage at 5.9 all the way around. I know not needed if using life either. I was just curious. I bought one myself and was thinking of using it but just went ahead and got a retract servo that can handle the life voltage without regulation
Old 09-27-2016, 05:54 AM
TonyBuilder

Thanks, I still may not use it but need to look into what options the AR12120 has for a failsafe switch.

TB
Old 09-27-2016, 06:45 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So I was told that the board is fiberglass not CF. Its not solid composite as its sandwiched between plywood. I would get my antennas out on the sides, top and bottom to help with signal.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:51 AM
WimB
My Feedback: (1)

DP,

I have these plates in several planes, no problem with reception on these....

Wim
Old 09-27-2016, 07:18 AM
Digital Pilot

I had no issues with mine as well...
Old 09-27-2016, 07:21 AM
Quandry

Thanks, I still may not use it but need to look into what options the AR12120 has for a failsafe switch.

TB
The AR12120 has a switch port and comes with a fail on switch that you can screw down to any solid plate. Another option is put a bind plug in the switch port on the AR12120 to turn it off and attach a 'remove before flight' pin tag to the bind plug. When you're at the field you just pull the plug and assuming you have batts connected everything springs to life
Old 09-27-2016, 08:04 AM
Johnny9390

I use the on off switch that comes with the receiver. If the switch fails or becomes unplugged your receiver will stay on until battery is dead or you unplug. Works great
Old 09-27-2016, 03:32 PM
TonyBuilder

The AR12120 has a switch port and comes with a fail on switch that you can screw down to any solid plate. Another option is put a bind plug in the switch port on the AR12120 to turn it off and attach a 'remove before flight' pin tag to the bind plug. When you're at the field you just pull the plug and assuming you have batts connected everything springs to life
Great I think I will do just that as I really don't need the turbo reg, my servos are hi voltage anyways!

TB
Old 09-27-2016, 03:35 PM
TonyBuilder

Ok so I redid my fuel tank clunk as per Dirks recommendations! Heavy duty BVM clunk and a section of 5/23" bras tubing to keep it from folding back in the tank. If you all see anything that is not right please comment otherwise I will take it is good to go.

TB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	942
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2183068  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:10 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Ok so I redid my fuel tank clunk as per Dirks recommendations! Heavy duty BVM clunk and a section of 5/23" bras tubing to keep it from folding back in the tank. If you all see anything that is not right please comment otherwise I will take it is good to go.

TB
That looks good! Also nice clean build TB
Old 09-27-2016, 04:36 PM
kelly vallee

Originally Posted by gunradd
I tested the v2 pipe on 8 flights last weekend with a k210... All is good.
Have you been able to put more flight in? And how well is the V2 pipe holding up?
Old 09-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Digital Pilot

Super flexible tubing im assuming?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:07 PM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by gunradd
That looks good! Also nice clean build TB
Thanks Gunn, and thanks to everyone for helping this rookie

TB
Old 09-27-2016, 06:08 PM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot
Super flexible tubing im assuming?
Yes, BVM clunk tubing!

TB
Old 09-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Digital Pilot

Nice.. Good stuff..
Old 09-28-2016, 01:13 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kelly vallee
Have you been able to put more flight in? And how well is the V2 pipe holding up?
I have not. Life has been very busy no time to fly recently.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:04 AM
TonyBuilder

Another option is put a bind plug in the switch port on the AR12120 to turn it off and attach a 'remove before flight' pin tag to the bind plug. When you're at the field you just pull the plug and assuming you have batts connected everything springs to life
The smart fly pin flag switch works with the AR12120

TB
Old 09-28-2016, 04:07 AM
TonyBuilder

ECU is going here! Thanks.

TB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	857
Size:	974.0 KB
ID:	2183132  
Old 09-28-2016, 06:27 AM
smiller

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Be carefull with positioning equipment too far forward, I set mine at 230 mm C/G with all batteries in the nose with 3 oz lead . After 5 flights I removed all the lead and will probably move a battery back. I need to see were it balances now but my guess is that 235-240 like Gunradd suggested is the sweet spot. I am very happy with this plane{ I love the removable nose} and had no problems except the retract covers need to be longer. this plane has very high quality and great value and flies great!!

Scott
Old 09-28-2016, 06:53 AM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by smiller
Be carefull with positioning equipment too far forward, I set mine at 230 mm C/G with all batteries in the nose with 3 oz lead . After 5 flights I removed all the lead and will probably move a battery back. I need to see were it balances now but my guess is that 235-240 like Gunradd suggested is the sweet spot. I am very happy with this plane{ I love the removable nose} and had no problems except the retract covers need to be longer. this plane has very high quality and great value and flies great!!

Scott
Currently the fuselage without the wings is balancing almost natural on the wing tube, this is back of the CG so I would think once I put the wings on I'm still going to need some weight in the noes to get to the 235-240mm CG spot!

TB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.