Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 08:32 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Pipes, Pipes, Pipes!!

Barry talked with Tam today about building us T-1 pipes to keep in inventory. The pipe will be rated for the 100N - 160N turbines. Tam normally builds pipes to order, when the order comes in, so there is a wait time. I talked to quite a few of our customers and they had already planned on buying a Tam pipe before Digital Pilot had the failure. We wanted to be able to get the pipe out sooner to those that wanted a Tam pipe without the wait, so Tam is building a supply for us. The price will be the same whether you buy it from us or straight from Tam, $265.00 shipped in the U.S.A. We are just trying to give more options even with the factory making a V3 version pipe. Obviously, Tam is building the pipes he has orders for and will get to our stocked pipes as soon as he can. The pipe is on our website and can be preordered as well. I will make an announcement when our inventory shows up.

Regards,

Dirk
Old 09-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Dirk,

Whats the price on those new tanks Kims making for the T-One
Old 09-09-2016, 05:15 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All your answers are here https://www.pacificrcjet.com/collections/t-one-models

TB
Old 09-09-2016, 06:22 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny9390
Hi Dirk,

Whats the price on those new tanks Kims making for the T-One

Johnny,

From post #466

Looks like my cat was let out of the bag. I asked the factory for a split fuel / smoke tank and to fill that compartment up as much as possible. Like Gunradd posted, its capacity is 3.7L or 125z of fuel and 1L or 34oz of smoke oil VS the standard 100oz fuel tank.

The price is as follows:

$170.00 to upgrade with your order.
$210.00 plus $25 shipping after the order is shipped.

If you have an order pending and want to upgrade, send me an email requesting the tank and I will send you an invoice for the addition.
If you have already taken delivery, you can go to our website and purchase the tank in the accessory section.

Because of this tanks configuration, we are suggesting that you use a manual or electronic solenoid valve to prevent static syphoning.

Good Flying,

Dirk
www.skymasterusa.com
[email protected]
Old 09-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Johnny9390

Thanks Dirk,

im gonna go with the Sullivan smoke tank on my first T-One and see how it goes. I ordered another one in the Honda scheme. I honk Franco sent in the order already. He got two, one for him and one for myself. Asked Kim to paint them as Number 1 for francos and number 2 for mine. Maybe I will do the upgrade then. A little pricey since the kit already comes with a tank. So essentially it's 170 bucks for the smoke tank. Thanks bud. I know you don't come up with the prices lol. But I think the Sullivan tank will work just fine. It does look very clean and cool looking though. I did ask Kim if he sells just the tank fittings separately and he said he was gonna send me a few
Old 09-09-2016, 06:58 AM
LordSirOb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once I hear that the factory has corrected the location of the control horns on the flying surfaces I am ready to order one of these jets. Can anyone attest to whether this issue has been or is being addressed?
Old 09-09-2016, 07:27 AM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Lordsirob, I also had this concern. So I asked and was told that the horns are not the problem. But if I preferred they would be left off so that I could place them myself.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with the control horns? My line-up was right on. no strain on my servos at all.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:41 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

If you use a clevis instead of the ball link the horns don't line up.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Digital Pilot

Ahh ok.

I would still use ball links and just open up the slots in the wings, stabs and rudder.

I have used clevises in the past and have seen them brake.

Just my 2 cents
Old 09-09-2016, 10:07 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AV8ATOR
Lordsirob, I also had this concern. So I asked and was told that the horns are not the problem. But if I preferred they would be left off so that I could place them myself.
If you use ball links they line up perfect. The plane comes with ball links so its also set up this way.

Johnny the new tank also holds more fuel. Its not just a smoke tank on top. The slightly larger fuel tank adds some much needed fuel on board.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:46 AM
LordSirOb

Originally Posted by gunradd
If you use ball links they line up perfect. The plane comes with ball links so its also set up this way.
OK, I reviewed the pictures in this thread, and I must admit the geometry works if you use ball links at the servo end instead of a clevis. I set up all my gas planks with ball links on each end, and I have used a dremel to open the servo arm slot in the past to clear the ball link. So thanks for the mental prodding.

Damn, it looks like my last excuse is not longer valid... now what color do I want...
Old 09-09-2016, 10:59 AM
Johnny9390

Thanks Dirk, I was just looking at 25oz plus the smoke tank for 170 bucks.. so Basically the tank that comes with the plane is worth 40 bucks. Cause exchange is 170 and new tank is 210.00. Anyhoo as I said will fly mine the way it is with the standard tank and sullivan on top and before my Honda Scheme ships will see if I add the new tank to the order.. Thanks Buddy...
Old 09-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Digital Pilot

Remember with plastic tanks comes the possibility of fire in a light to moderate crash. I'm not trying to sell you on Kevlar tank but i will say with my experience if i had not had Kevlar tanks in my jet it would have bursted and burned the remaining components up. Also plastic tank expand alot more during fueling. if you go plastic i would stick with the thick walled dubro tanks for gas and or smoke.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Johnny9390

I know all the hazards of possible crash and fire with these tanks. I am using the double walled di to tank for smoke only. Before Mr Kim came out with the new tank that's what everyone was doing to their jet for smoke. I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls on this just trying to figure out how they came up with the price. The airplane comes with a nice Kevlar fuel tank with the purchase of the kit at no extra charge. Well I'm sure the price is in there with the price of the kit. I would understand paying 220 dollars or if the plane did not come with a tank at all. So 170 for an exchange makes me think that the price of the tank that comes with the airplane as it is is only 40 dollars. Hence why I wanna try my dubro setup first and see how it performs. If I feel I need more flight time and the dubro setup does not work I will go ahead and order the new tank

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot
Remember with plastic tanks comes the possibility of fire in a light to moderate crash. I'm not trying to sell you on Kevlar tank but i will say with my experience if i had not had Kevlar tanks in my jet it would have bursted and burned the remaining components up. Also plastic tank expand alot more during fueling. if you go plastic i would stick with the thick walled dubro tanks for gas and or smoke.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Digital Pilot

I understand. No hard feelings, was just saying. There are alot of new jet guys buying this jet from what i can se and was just putting that info out there. Not de-rating anyone's experience or knowledge by any means.
As for the price of the tank the mold and lay-up are certainly more complex and time consuming and it looks like that are supplying the new aluminum tank fittings. thats got to be worth 50.00 by themselves if you compare to other manufactures.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Digital Pilot, first off let me say I like your approach. Clearly you have some turbine experience. I normally don't get involved in these discussions any more because its like beating a 20 year old dead horse. Yes...Kevlar vs pop bottles vs plastic tanks have been debated that long...lol. BUT...since I have one of these kits.....
In my 20 years of turbine operations I have witnessed very few fires - even at the big events. Those fires that did occur - let me say that it did not matter what the tank was made of. The impact was so violent that little was left of any tank. Light to moderate crashes generally throw the tank from the airframe and I have seen both plastic and Kevlar split or on the other hand, hold together nicely. I see no problem using a secondary plastic tank - it is used all the time in various installations either as an air trap / header - whatever you want to call it. Personally I don't care if the tank is Kevlar or not just make sure that the neck does not leak - the major reason for fuel related problems.

Anyway..nice to see that this was a mature discussion....

cheers
Dean W.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Digital Pilot

Thanks Dean.

There seems to be a great knowledge of experience on this thread, I think everyone's input is important to the success of this model. I'm just trying to help..

I have also used plastic bottles in the past.. I guess its also preference as well...
Old 09-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

d.w.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Johnny9390

No offense taken at all! On the other hand I love constructive criticism. I am by no means an expert and always love hearing others inputs.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:58 AM
fireblade5437

Proper decent quality HDPE will withstand crashes better than Kevlar from what I have observed..

Alan
Old 09-10-2016, 01:57 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

This tank discussion is helpful for me- I am a longtime flyer, mostly giant scale aerobatic and have had stick time on multiple other people's jets but not my own. The looks, perceived performance (haven't seen one fly in person),size and price made me finally make the leap.

I will say - to Johnny's point- I too immediately noticed that there isn't much trade in value given for the existing tank and the original price has been creeping up little by little for various reasons (including the improvements made) but I recognize that any business can choose to charge what they want for their products. I can choose to use the existing tank at no additional cost if I want. Maybe I will look at other options- so, like I said, this discussion is helpful. I still feel it's a good value and I'm looking forward to getting it in the air- it will be a "winter project".
Old 09-10-2016, 02:02 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Tested the v2 pipe today with a K210 and smoke all is good.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

What is the torque rating on the servos that everyone would recommend. I was looking at 300 oz-in. since that is what I have in my Boomerang with no problems at all. Also can we get some servo arm lengths. Since it is 2 months wait to get it, it would be cool to have measurements to buy parts during the wait. I'm going with an propane start JetCat P-120. About 27lbs of thrust. Also....carbon fuse receiver, or no?

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 09-10-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:59 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
What is the torque rating on the servos that everyone would recommend. I was looking at 300 oz-in. since that is what I have in my Boomerang with no problems at all. Also can we get some servo arm lengths. Since it is 2 months wait to get it, it would be cool to have measurements to buy parts during the wait. I'm going with an propane start JetCat P-120. About 27lbs of thrust. Also....carbon fuse receiver, or no?
All the info you are looking for is in this thread. Read threw it (it's not that long, you have two months ) and see what others are doing. 300oz will be a good choice, seen to many under powere surfaces. As for servo arm length that will depend on what you chose to link the surfases with and what kind of resolution you want. 1" is plenty long to get the throws needed, but you will have to cut the servo slot bigger to get the ball links in. You can go with a clivise with minimal cutting of the slot but will have to put the ball on the outside of the double horns. You can request the horns not be installed or for them to be lined up with the slot. Don't think you need a CF reciever for this fram. Hope this helps.

TB

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 09-10-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.