Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 11:06 AM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

To get CG at 250mm I still need .57lb extra weight in nose. Has anyone had to add nose weight to get a CG of 250mm with all batteries in nose???
Old 02-06-2017, 11:27 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rjpmodel
To get CG at 250mm I still need .57lb extra weight in nose. Has anyone had to add nose weight to get a CG of 250mm with all batteries in nose???
Where is your UAT located?

In the prototype I added no weight in the nose the both receiver batteries are around the nose gear and the ECU battery is just in front of main fuel tank. Nose is empty only charging receptacles.

Are you doing the weight with tanks empty UAT full?
Old 02-06-2017, 12:01 PM
rjpmodel

UAT full,tanks empty. I am currently moving my UAT and pump up to just behind the nose wheel from right in front of the tank. 7 A123 cells in nose. I don't know how you get that balance with your batteries where they are.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:19 PM
rjpmodel

I do have the stronger stock version 3 pipe and that could add tail weight because it is so far back ?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:48 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys,

Here is the latest and greatest news from the factory. They are fresh, rested and back to the daily grind of building AWESOME Aircraft!! Please do not bombard me with emails/texts, asking when your plane will be done. Lets let the factory crank the wheels, put wood in the furnace, knock the dust off the tables and get producing planes for us. I have already been in touch with most of you whose planes are first in the production line. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they can ship me at least 20 planes a month and we will be caught up in no time!!

I have read some posts on here that are disturbing to me and I will clear the air on these issues. It seems the tell a secret scenario has taken effect about a landing gear issue, quality issues, and is blown way out of proportion. Fact is, I have had only 1 person contact me for having a spring issue and 1 other person that has not even flown his plane that bought a second set of gear for a just in case he has a problem. I think I read that there were over 20 people with issues but not 1 other person has contacted me, ODD....

I also read that the quality has suffered and is not as good as the first planes produced. FACT, I have not had 1 single person call, text or email me stating they were unhappy with the quality of their plane. FACT, I have 6 guys that received their T-1 and wanted to be put on the waiting list to buy another T-1 in a different scheme. We have had a few shipping damages reported and they were taken care of immediately.

I also read grumblings about T-ONE Models producing other planes and not being concerned about putting more efforts into the T-1. Manufacturing 101, build a product, try and anticipate the demand for the year and try not to produce more than you can sell. In our case, the factory never dreamed the T-1 would take off so hard and fast. SOOO, they moved to a larger facility, built more molds, hired more people, but you still don't tool up to build 100 a month to catch up on back orders if you can not maintain those kind of sales for the year and years to come. If they tooled up for 100 a month, what do they do when the orders don't come in, send everyone home and write it off as a loss? If they give me 20-25 planes a month like I think they can now, we will be caught up in no time and will open the website sales for a more realistic delivery time frame.

Again, if at anytime you have a paid order and want a refund, all you have to do is call me, text me, email me and request it. I have made some refunds throughout the months within the hour of being asked. Some that requested a refund are now back on the waiting list because they saw their buddies that waited, T-1 show up and they are kicking themselves in the ass for bailing.

I personally do not want T-ONE Models to be a 1 hit wonder, and not develope more planes because they are narrow minded thinking the T-1 is the best and only plane to sell. Like someone mentioned earlier about this, the factory has a Design team and they a have Production team. The Designers are doing their job and just brought out the Euro Fighter and the attention to detail and build quality is EXCEPTIONAL, once again!! They are also sending us our T-3 Prototype and we should hopefully go into production in March on it. I know the news leaked about a KILLER F-22 that is on the Design table and hopefully we can see it before the end of the year. The Production Team is tooling up all the new product, training more people, while maintaining the production of the T-1.

All I can say is, hang onto your hats boys, there is a NEW player in town and they are going to change the way this game is played, with Incredible jets, Incredible Quality and most important, Incredible Prices!!

We really appreciate everyones patients,

Dirk & Barry
Pacific RC Jets
Old 02-07-2017, 11:59 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hello Dirk,

i have the springs issue with my gear (full bottoming of springs even with no fuel after 10 flights) and so do all of my local friends with fortunes, and a few guys on the T-One facebook group - this is why we manufactured new tougher springs locally.
the full infro is on the T-One facebook group.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:52 AM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the update, Dirk.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Can you link to the T- One Facebook page'
Old 02-09-2017, 06:44 AM
lfierro1

Here is the deal with my springs, my plane weighs 25.6 lbs with no fuel, if you push the wing down to compress the gear it just stays there, definitely a problem in the making and definitely not going to work with 6 more pounds of fuel. There are very different sizes of springs coming out of these so it seems no one has a drop in fix. My replacement springs should be here today, we'll see if they are any better than what i have as they will have to be shortened to fit. Honestly I didn't think anything would be done if i called and asked about it, I apologise if this is wrong.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:53 AM
i3dm

I have custom made drop in springs for the fortune / t1, they went like hot cakes in the FB group.
The group is called:
Rc jet t-one build page
Old 02-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have yet to fly my T1 but based on my experience with the last two " gotta have " models I have learned my lesson when it comes to " strut strength ". Both of my last models - Sebart Avanti S and the Pilot Dolphin were nicely made models but both suffered from insufficient strut rebound. Overall, the kits were fine and the gear looked very, very similar to the present T1 gear. Having heard and read of reports from guys IN THE FIELD WITH MANY FLIGHTS stating that there could be a POTENTIAL problem with the T1 struts I made the proactive decision to purchase a set from i3dm. He has contributed the most in the fine tuning of this aircraft and I trust his call. Now don't get me wrong....Dirk and Barry have been awesome in bringing this kit to North America and selling a bunch with exemplary service to boot. Nevertheless, CLEARLY there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Its minor and the factory should have no problems in supplying the correct and consistent part. Its not the responsibility of the importers / distributors to do the homework as I see it but to report these findings to the manufacturer and have them make the positive changes. This will make an already great plane even better!

Dean W.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Desertlakesflying

Sent a request to join the page. Can't wait for the T-One to get here
Old 02-09-2017, 04:47 PM
kelly vallee

With the CG at 260mm, it the landing gear out or in? I'm in the final setup and I see big difference in CG from everyone here. I need real CG from T-one that are flight?

Originally Posted by i3dm
Another fun flight with my Fortune from last Friday:

https://youtu.be/_FM-A8cPNEc With 260mm CG, i like the landings
Old 02-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Desertlakesflying

Barry says 250-260 is best. That is the best advice to use
Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 PM
kelly vallee

So, this is with the landing gear down and you added weight in the nose?and how much?

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Barry says 250-260 is best. That is the best advice to use
Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would just do 260, gears down.

Regards,
Barry
Old 02-10-2017, 01:34 AM
i3dm

i balanced at 260 gear down, UAT full.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FM-A8cPNEc
Old 02-10-2017, 09:16 AM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are my impressions so for regarding my T-1 Sport Jet

1. The packaging is very good....no shipping damage. I plan on using the boxes to ship stuff in the future!

2. The landing gear comes with the jet, not separately.

3. The nose gear steering servo mount has a flat head screw to keep it from rotating. Others have reported that they had to add the screw. The problem has been fixed by the factory.

4. The supplied ball links fit the supplied pushrods perfectly. I ended up using them on the horn end with Dubro HD 4-40 ball links on the servo side.

5. SWB 1" 4-40 aluminum servo arms work all around. Everything seems to line up well with these using the ball links with the current horn location. This is why I used the Dubro 4-40 links on the servo end.

6. Spektrum A6265 HV servos drop right in the flap and aileron positions. I had to Dremel the wooden mounts a little in horizontal stab and vertical fin to get them to fit.....not too much though.

7. The Hobby King wing bags are basically the correct size (90 X 61 X 7cm) in platform but not thick enough....you can BARELY get both wing panels in at the same time. It's too tight. So, I have two bags! At $20 a piece, it is still not a bad deal. They could stand to be a little longer as well, but they work.

8. All the screws for the wing, stab and fin mounts were tight.....they should still be checked though.

9. All in all, excellent execution of glassworks, bonding of formers and paint. It appears to be very ruggedly built with carbon in all the right places.

10. Barry and Dirk have been responsive to all my questions and concerns. Be sure to email them so that they have documentation. Emails are easier to keep track of then phone conversations or texts.

Tailwinds,

John
Old 02-10-2017, 10:28 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cactusflyer
Here are my impressions so for regarding my T-1 Sport Jet

1. The packaging is very good....no shipping damage. I plan on using the boxes to ship stuff in the future!

2. The landing gear comes with the jet, not separately.

3. The nose gear steering servo mount has a flat head screw to keep it from rotating. Others have reported that they had to add the screw. The problem has been fixed by the factory.

4. The supplied ball links fit the supplied pushrods perfectly. I ended up using them on the horn end with Dubro HD 4-40 ball links on the servo side.

5. SWB 1" 4-40 aluminum servo arms work all around. Everything seems to line up well with these using the ball links with the current horn location. This is why I used the Dubro 4-40 links on the servo end.

6. Spektrum A6265 HV servos drop right in the flap and aileron positions. I had to Dremel the wooden mounts a little in horizontal stab and vertical fin to get them to fit.....not too much though.

7. The Hobby King wing bags are basically the correct size (90 X 61 X 7cm) in platform but not thick enough....you can BARELY get both wing panels in at the same time. It's too tight. So, I have two bags! At $20 a piece, it is still not a bad deal. They could stand to be a little longer as well, but they work.

8. All the screws for the wing, stab and fin mounts were tight.....they should still be checked though.

9. All in all, excellent execution of glassworks, bonding of formers and paint. It appears to be very ruggedly built with carbon in all the right places.

10. Barry and Dirk have been responsive to all my questions and concerns. Be sure to email them so that they have documentation. Emails are easier to keep track of then phone conversations or texts.

Tailwinds,

John

What color did you get? PIX please

Last edited by raron455; 02-10-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM
cactusflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's the Thunderbirds scheme with the clear canopy. No pics yet.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:52 AM
F16Jeff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Purple Kingtech T1

Here is what the purple looks like. It is better than I expected. Much deeper pigment than the artwork on the website.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170131_125903.jpg
Views:	1091
Size:	3.83 MB
ID:	2201043   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_164906.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	2201044  
Old 02-14-2017, 08:13 AM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite color. Looks good Jeff.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:16 AM
sirrom

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Love the color of your T1 almost makes me want to change my order to this color scheme. Also glad to see that they are getting orders moving again to those in the US.

Patrick
Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by F16Jeff
Here is what the purple looks like. It is better than I expected. Much deeper pigment than the artwork on the website.
Looks good, curious,,does it have the KT logos on it. I ordered mine back in August, with NO logos (probably gonna do some custom pinstriping on edges) got a call before Chinese New Year saying it was done and ready to ship, but, they screwed up, they kept the KT logos off,but it still had all the T1 logos on it ,I was told. I rejected the plane because it's not what I ordered, they were supposed to paint me the scheme I ordered when they got back from holiday, I was told. I'm wondering if you ended up with it. Sure is a pretty plane,,that purple is just gorgeous,,hopefully ill get mine soon,

Last edited by raron455; 02-14-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:38 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like your jet Ronnie!

TB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.