Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

EvoJet 180 VX Issues

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

EvoJet 180 VX Issues

Old 07-03-2016, 05:06 PM
cjgillette
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EvoJet 180 VX Issues

Hi All -

I have a first generation Evojet 180Vx. Starts right up, but when it hits about 50k rpm, it roars but doesn't spool up to any higher RPM. A couple of things I've noticed.

Sometimes (rarely) it gets past the 50k rpm mark and spools up to full power and it's a beast. When I'm lucky enough for that to happen, if I keep the RPM's high, it will spool back up to full throttle with no problem. But then when I go back to idle, it won't get back to full throttle; just roars at about 50k rpm and sticks there.

Also, on the GSU, there is an exclamation point next to the throttle setting. It says "THR 40!" for example.

I have no idea what is going on. I'm using a fully-charged 3s lipo. The engine has about 3 hours of run time on it.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Chris
Old 07-04-2016, 04:47 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

Hello Chris!

I have an Evo160vx and an Evo170VX that can be a 140-160-180. I think this is the engine that you are talking about. To me, it sounds like a software update, or you need a new fuel pump. Make sure your fuel pump voltages are set correct too. I would get in touch with Arno in Germany, since there aren't that many here in the USA, and there are no longer repair stations in the USA. I am sending my 170EX back for new bearing this month after 16 hours of flight time in the same jet, no wrecks.
http://evojets.de/
Old 07-04-2016, 07:37 AM
cjgillette
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Dan - I've heard of others having issues like this that were resolved by the software update. Do you know if there is any way I can do that myself? Or do I have to send my ECU to Arno?

thanks again!

Chris
Old 07-04-2016, 10:58 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

That is a question for Arno. With today's technology, Who knows? Would be nice though. That is what I do love about these engines....I haven't needed his support, until my bearing issue, but all brands can have those issues. One I have 16.5 hrs on and the other is around 13.5 hrs, and 2-3 years old. He is very good about replying through email. Here it is:

evoJet.DE
Am Parir 4A
52379 Langerwehe/Germany
Tel.: +49 2423 401163
email: [email protected]

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 07-04-2016 at 11:02 AM.