Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jr Dmss Telemetry with Turbines??

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jr Dmss Telemetry with Turbines??

Old 07-12-2016, 09:20 AM
jesse2357
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jr Dmss Telemetry with Turbines??

I've been told that the similarity to the Hott system that I would get the same telemetry as those systems. So does anyone have experience with Telemetry to Dmss ? I'm really looking at two brands specifically Jet Central and King tech. Really open to be able to see start up temps and fuel consumption.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a TM 1000 and a JR Spektrum telemetry for Jetcat. Don't know if it will work with other turbines but there might be ones for other types of turbines
Old 07-13-2016, 05:41 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no idea if telemetry for JR DMSS is even remotely similar to Hott but Xicoy sells telemetry units and their Flight Computer which will work with Kingtech turbines. They list Hott in the list of supported systems but then also say support for JR will be added to a future firmware update. I would send them an email and ask them if their units will work with a JR DMSS system before purchasing anything.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Mine just arrived today and it is a unit made by Electrospeed exclusively for Macgregor in UK, (our JR distributors) it is not a JR product but is designed to work on JR DMSS with JetCat ECUs.
A whole host of data can be returned to the transmitter which will need to be configured with a suitable widget. One of the many advantages of the system is that it can be configured to trigger alarms for example, flameout, and it can dispense with the GSU for monitoring startup.

I will experiment with the system and write it up for RCJI with some other very useful devices from PowerBox.

I understand that in future it may be available for at least one other popular ECU.

The UK price is 37 pounds so at the current US exchange rate it is extremely good value and if you have aJR DMSS controlling a JetCat it will be an (almost) essential item.

David Gladwin.

(and the more I use my 28x with DMSS and X-bus the more I like it !)
Old 07-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
I understand that in future it may be available for at least one other popular ECU.
David, if you mean the Xicoy ecu, the JR DMSS is supported since March by our simple telemetry adapter and by our Flight Computer, this one supports Xicoy and Jetcat engines.

Gaspar
Old 07-13-2016, 09:06 AM
jesse2357
My Feedback: (2)

Gasper,
what all functions and information would be sent back through the jr telemetry? I'm really looking for not having to use a gsu during start sequence and of course fuel usage and what not.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Gaspar

Currently the support of JR radios is very poor, and his customer support (technical questions) not better. The parameters transmitted by the simple telemetry adapter are RPM, EGT, ecu battery voltage and remaining fuel, the Flight computer adds height and Airspeed. You can see an video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrV18-v2Ls&feature=youtu.be.

To monitor the engine startup I would recommend the Bluetooth module, you will have all the info of the data terminal including buttons operation on your phone.

Gaspar

Last edited by Gaspar; 07-13-2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2016, 03:38 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspar
Currently the support of JR radios is very poor, and his customer support (technical questions) not better. The parameters transmitted by the simple telemetry adapter are RPM, EGT, ecu battery voltage and remaining fuel, the Flight computer adds height and Airspeed. You can see an video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrV18-v2Ls&feature=youtu.be.

To monitor the engine startup I would recommend the Bluetooth module, you will have all the info of the data terminal including buttons operation on your phone.

Gaspar

I have the ECU that is pictured in the link I have provided: http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/ns/im...s/k-80e_03.jpg

Will your telemetry module work with that ECU and a Futaba 18MZ?

Patrick
Old 07-13-2016, 04:04 PM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaspar

Gaspar
Thanks Gaspar, good news.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Gaspar

Hello Patrick,

If you have this ecu (out of producion since 2010) then the only possibility to have telemetry is our Flight Computer, the simple telemetry adapter nor the Bluetooth adapter would work with this ecu. Same applies with JetCat ecus.

Another posibility is to upgrade the ecu.

Gaspar
Old 10-28-2017, 04:22 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

any more info on the 28x using the xicoy adapter??