Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Illini Super Jets 2016

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Illini Super Jets 2016

Old 08-16-2016, 06:50 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL Dan,
Just got home a few minutes ago. 9pm Tuesday. Spent a couple extra days in Dallas before heading home to Austin. A pleasant surprise when I got home. My rain gauge tops off at 6", it was overflowing

Want to thank some people for a really good event. I know I'm going to forget a few, for that I'm sorry
Chris Huhn
David/Kim Payne
Ali
Dustin/Jessica
It was a no frills event if you don't include the raffle. Add the raffle and it was over the top. Did I mention that I won the #%^&*.

OK, one person and his crew deserve an extra big round of thanks. Pete Bergstrom and his crew did an outstanding job of keeping us full at lunch and dinner in the evening with some really awesome food. The Korean Tacos were to die for. IMO

Now get this, Joey and Scott had morning flights home Sunday on different flights. Dropped Joey off at airport at 5:30am in Champaign and I head for home. Scott got to airport a little later. Fourteen hours (14) later I arrive in Dallas and beat both Joey and Scott to Dallas. That's crazy. Maybe next time they might want to ride in the truck with me. (Ain't gonna happen)
NOT

We also had a tour of the Horrizon facility. That place is massive

Next year I will have to under cover if I want to go. BTW, I will be there next year for sure.

Last edited by bcovish; 08-16-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:01 PM
bcovish

I knew I forget someone, a big thanks to Ray Labonte for having the lobster flown in for our Friday nite dinner. The lobsters were really tired from the flight so there was not problem getting them in the hot pot
Old 08-16-2016, 07:03 PM
bcovish

Also want to thank all of the raffle ticket sellers. I was easy prey for them

Last edited by bcovish; 08-16-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:31 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bcovish
I knew I forget someone, a big thanks to Ray Labonte for having the lobster flown in for our Friday nite dinner. The lobsters were really tired from the flight so there was not problem getting them in the hot pot

No Thanks for the guy that cooked them Lobsters after there long flight either...

And the cook didn't even get any of them to eat they were that good!!!!!

Thanks Bob-O!!!!!! Lol!!!!!

Last edited by Greg Wright; 08-17-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:56 AM
bcovish

Oh Greg, I'm sorry. I know it took some coaxing on your part to get them to climb in the pot. You did an outstanding job on the lobsters. They were delicious.
Factoid: This was the first time I ever ate lobster in my life. It won't be my last.
YOU DID GOOD

Now you need to get off the computer and get to work on that 86