Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat V10 ECU and Jeti telemetry options

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat V10 ECU and Jeti telemetry options

Old 07-20-2016, 12:37 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JetCat V10 ECU and Jeti telemetry options

What are you using? Looking at Xicoy Flight Computer Jetcat ( http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...omputer-Jetcat ) or CB Elecktronics Jetcat ( http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...-10X-Exsupport ) Feed back on either of these two or something else? Wanting my Jeti to become GSU for turbine.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:27 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It won't quite become a GSU but close. In order to access engine functions you'll need to start the jeti box emulator. You can of course monitor fuel, EGT, pump voltage, etc directly from you Jeti's display though. Personally having both the CB Electronics and the Xicoy Flight Computer I prefer the Xicoy. It's display is like having a GSU in the model and it gives you full telemetry on your Jeti as well.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:16 PM
felker14

Originally Posted by wfield0455
It won't quite become a GSU but close. In order to access engine functions you'll need to start the jeti box emulator. You can of course monitor fuel, EGT, pump voltage, etc directly from you Jeti's display though. Personally having both the CB Electronics and the Xicoy Flight Computer I prefer the Xicoy. It's display is like having a GSU in the model and it gives you full telemetry on your Jeti as well.
Wayne, If I go Xicoy route, I take it I can start the Jeti box emulator with it? Yes this all new to me so suggestions and directions are appreciated. Do you mount display in model? FYI current plan on equipment is Jetcat P140 RXI and Power Box Mercury with 2 Jeti R3/RSW RX's (Central Box 200 is option but would prefer Mercury for gyro)
Thanks
Old 07-21-2016, 02:00 AM
lxfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using the CB electronics in 2 models, latest version doesn't need emulated Jetibox. It's full Ex bus compatible and you may show parameters on screen as any other values.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:32 AM
felker14

Originally Posted by lxfly
Using the CB electronics in 2 models, latest version doesn't need emulated Jetibox. It's full Ex bus compatible and you may show parameters on screen as any other values.
Can adjustments be made to parameters? How is updating process?
Thanks
Old 07-21-2016, 04:30 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by lxfly
I'm pretty sure it does if you actually want to use it as a GSU. As I said, the JJXC EX will display RPM, EGT, etc directly on the Jeti front panel if you simply want to monitor those during start up. However, if you want to prime your fuel line, etc, using ECU diagnostic functions you need to use the Jetibox emulator and select the JJXC or connect an actual GSU.

The Xicoy FC1 has a full display and has the complete GSU interface built in so you can simply press function keys on the front panel to access any of of the diagnostic functions the ECU provides. It also provides RPM, EGT etc, on the front panel, the same as the JJXC does.
In addition, it can also have built in GPS, air speed, etc all of with it will log to it's own SD card which is nice because if you try to log too many telemetry items to your Jeti it will cause telemetry values to periodically "drop out" as it write to SD card, etc.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:37 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by felker14
Wayne, If I go Xicoy route, I take it I can start the Jeti box emulator with it? Yes this all new to me so suggestions and directions are appreciated. Do you mount display in model? FYI current plan on equipment is Jetcat P140 RXI and Power Box Mercury with 2 Jeti R3/RSW RX's (Central Box 200 is option but would prefer Mercury for gyro)
Thanks
With the Xicoy FC1 I can't think of any reason you would need to use the Jetibox with it. It has a full display built right into the unit which I mount directly in the model. I simply watch the display during startup. If the airplane hasn't flown for a while and I need to prime the fuel line, I simply access GSU functions from the built in display. Once I put the hatch on I then can do any further monitoring directly from the transmitter.

I should mention that I'm using a Kingtech turbine which uses the Xicoy ECU. I know that Xicoy offers the FC1 setup to work with JetCat also but I'm not sure about directly using the GSU functions from the FC1 display with a JetCat ECU. Hopefully some one with first hand experience with the FC1 / JetCat will chime in.

Don't get me wrong, the CB Electronic JJXC EX is a nice unit and I have one in my JetCat powered Boomerang XL but I have found trying to navigate ECU functions via Jetibox to be enough of a pain I simply dig out the actual GSU and use that instead if I need to perform a diagnostic function.

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-21-2016 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:44 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

There is a JC specific unit here.

http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...omputer-Jetcat