Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Where did the experts go

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Where did the experts go

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 04:07 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're all out flying their jets !!!

First summer in a while in DFW where they Earth is not on fire for 8 hours out of the day (wish I could be out there flying)

Also, critical mass of info...

tons of questions that have been asked have been answered... decent search speed from RCU
Old 08-31-2016, 08:01 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by Boomerang1
I'm no expert but I just don't come here as often any more.

I don't enjoy the attacks on someone when they do, show or market something new.

Good example is marc s releasing a new air trap. Out come all the haters.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-air-trap.html

The bottom line is if you don't like something or think it's too costly don't buy it.

Thanks for the link, cool!
I think Marc's situation is actually a good use of the Internet. Incorrect info was circulating off of RCU and that thread clarified that there was nothing wrong with the air traps.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:04 PM
Birdman6310

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
I think Marc's situation is actually a good use of the Internet. Incorrect info was circulating off of RCU and that thread clarified that there was nothing wrong with the air traps.
What about all the hastle that was started re Fly Eagle Jet I happen to know that that drove many people away
Old 08-31-2016, 10:07 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by Birdman6310
What about all the hastle that was started re Fly Eagle Jet I happen to know that that drove many people away
How would you know given you joined after that happened? Hmmmm
Old 08-31-2016, 10:51 PM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

There do seem to be less build/assembly threads This was my favourite part of RCU. I still enjoy posting build progress and I always try to take the positives from this site. There are some very knowledgeable contributors and I've made some great friends over the years.

People are using Facebook more and as was mentioned earlier and this site is terrible on mobile devices which seem to be peoples main method of browsing the internet these days.

Apologies for the blatant plug but we are developing a cool new website for 'The Little Jet Company' that will be optimised when viewing on a mobile device. It will also have a small forum where people can ask questions and view build threads etc... Hopefully it will be a good resource for people and fit in nicely with the direction of the business.

I just can't help feeling that people are more interested in finding fault with things than viewing a build thread or adding something positive and sadly although a minority these people are always the loudest. It takes ages to take photos type an explanation and answer questions... I can see why many just don't bother anymore.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 PM
Birdman6310

How would you know given you joined after that happened? Hmmmm
It is quite possible to read old posts and also you can read posts before you are a member it is just posting that is not possible before you join

Last edited by Birdman6310; 08-31-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:07 PM
Birdman6310

Originally Posted by Alex48
There do seem to be less build/assembly threads This was my favourite part of RCU. I still enjoy posting build progress and I always try to take the positives from this site. There are some very knowledgeable contributors and I've made some great friends over the years.

People are using Facebook more and as was mentioned earlier and this site is terrible on mobile devices which seem to be peoples main method of browsing the internet these days.

Apologies for the blatant plug but we are developing a cool new website for 'The Little Jet Company' that will be optimised when viewing on a mobile device. It will also have a small forum where people can ask questions and view build threads etc... Hopefully it will be a good resource for people and fit in nicely with the direction of the business.

I just can't help feeling that people are more interested in finding fault with things than viewing a build thread or adding something positive and sadly although a minority these people are always the loudest. It takes ages to take photos type an explanation and answer questions... I can see why many just don't bother anymore.
I am on several other forums to do with different hobbies and I can assure you that this is one of the worst and most unfriendly. Also not sure about the whole mobile browsing thing

Last edited by Birdman6310; 08-31-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:45 PM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm certainly loosing the will to be honest, just not worth the grief, life if too full of people hiding behind keyboards.

marcs
Old 09-01-2016, 02:51 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by marc s
I'm certainly loosing the will to be honest, just not worth the grief, life if too full of people hiding behind keyboards.

marcs
Marc,
The large majority posting on your CAT-D air trap thread were positive/supporting. Don't let the negative minority get you down. Keep up the good work!
Craig
Old 09-01-2016, 03:41 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

The trick is to not let posting boards dictate the way you enjoy the hobby, post don't post, read, don't read.
Posting boards go up and down and yes there are not as many build threads but the info is still here.

TB
Old 09-01-2016, 05:45 AM
dubd

marcs
Between myself and a few local flying buddies, we purchased about a dozen CATs since that thread. Your product is still our default choice for air traps.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:01 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Nor am I a FB user. Tried it about the time it was starting to get popular and got I tired of seeing everyone tooting their own horns constantly. Also, my email spam just exploded. Now with all the information being collected by Zuckerberg and company, I see no reason to use FB.
Tons of jet stuff on FB, Anton from Skymaster alone posts at least 3 times a day! Lots of stuff from the Euro guys like Tron, who barely frequent this site.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:15 AM
dubd

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Tons of jet stuff on FB, Anton from Skymaster alone posts at least 3 times a day! Lots of stuff from the Euro guys like Tron, who barely frequent this site.
Very true. I get all the RC info I need from FB these days. Forum sites as a whole are on the decline, so it's no surprise that RCU languishing.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:58 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Another factor is that over the past few years many more modelers are now using smart phones versus PCs. RCU isn't optimized for phones, so using this site can be a PITA if you're on a mobile device. RCU is the most antiquated forum that I use. Facebook on the other hand makes sharing from your phone exponentially easier.
I Agree!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:34 AM
marc s

Guys, I do understand the positives its just overall the effort verses the hassle IMO is not making it viable - it was good going back a few years, people were nice even when they had a negative point to make.

I will continue to make my small range of fuel related accessories and you guys who know me can always find them on my site.

marcs
Old 09-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Alex48

This, well said Alex.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:52 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I am by no means an expert, but always respond when I know the answer to someones question. Likewise, whenever I have posted a question over the years, I have always gotten an answer in a fairly short period of time.
Like someone said earlier-ask the question and we will reply.
Just my 2 cents...
Mike Oberst
Old 09-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope you didn't take my post as negative, it's people trying new ideas & making them available to others that makes things move forwards.

Good for you!

If you don't like a product vote with your wallet, no need to come hear & moan about it.
If you have a faulty product let the supplier/manufacturer know first, mostly the issue will be settled off line.

If you think the product can be improved let the manufacturer know. I had a problem with the design of a
Master Airscrew prop, they thanked me, changed the design & sent me two of the improved product!

John.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:42 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by Boomerang1
I hope you didn't take my post as negative, it's people trying new ideas & making them available to others that makes things move forwards.

Good for you!

If you don't like a product vote with your wallet, no need to come hear & moan about it.
If you have a faulty product let the supplier/manufacturer know first, mostly the issue will be settled off line.

If you think the product can be improved let the manufacturer know. I had a problem with the design of a
Master Airscrew prop, they thanked me, changed the design & sent me two of the improved product!

John.
The Internet doesn't work that way, for better and for worse.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Birdman6310

In my view it is important that people speak the truth as they see it. Negative comments can and often are constructive. Imagine someone comes on here talking about a new item they think they are going to make and possibly sell. People generally think it is rubbish but don't tell the OP this, The person goes into production and no one buys it. Not good for the OP.

As for the being nice comments most people on here have been nice and horrible to different people at different times
Old 09-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread can serve as a perfect example of why!!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...et-engine.html

A perfect example. All you would have to do is search for postings from Ewalt (spelling?) aka Pegasus and you would find his Hot Speck (miniature Hot Spot, with his miniature turbine ) and his Harrier scale engine prototype. Not trying to single out a single guy, but you get the idea, new guys have no idea who the old school guys are and proceed to be keyboard champions.

Ralph
Old 09-06-2016, 09:39 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulence
This thread can serve as a perfect example of why!!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...et-engine.html

A perfect example. All you would have to do is search for postings from Ewalt (spelling?) aka Pegasus and you would find his Hot Speck (miniature Hot Spot, with his miniature turbine ) and his Harrier scale engine prototype. Not trying to single out a single guy, but you get the idea, new guys have no idea who the old school guys are and proceed to be keyboard champions.

Ralph
Actually, Andre is one of the experts who still post here - I have learned a great deal from him. He has recanted his post as a mistake. Its all good now...

Bob
Old 09-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in no way blaming Andre, and I applaud him for apologizing to Pegasus who I consider and Expert. But maybe we all need to take a step back and before we jump at others here. I am not saying some don't deserve it.

Ralph
Old 09-06-2016, 11:59 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulence
I am in no way blaming Andre, and I applaud him for apologizing to Pegasus who I consider and Expert. But maybe we all need to take a step back and before we jump at others here. I am not saying some don't deserve it.

Ralph
Agreed...

Bob
Old 09-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

marcs
Well I tried sending you a PM about how to contact you since I could not get anywhere on your website, so I'll try this method; how do I get ahold of you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.