Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Coachella Jet Jam 2017

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Coachella Jet Jam 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:18 PM
[email protected]

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok Guys, Here is the plan.

We will extend the event into Sunday. Saturday has the rain ending early morning and Sunday has perfect flying weather. Once again we are much farther out into the desert and rain for us is rare.

Monday is a holiday and if anyone wants to fly on Monday, they may stay and do so.

Please remember that our canopy's are sun shades and are not water proof, so bring rain gear as needed.

The good thing is that no wind is predicted thru the weekend.

If anyone needs to have their turbine waiver signed off I am a CD and Turbine waiver holder. There are other club members who have that document as well. There would be plenty of time before the event starts to have you make your ck out flight.

Hope to see you all here.

Dan
Old 02-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

If it wasn't 9 hours to drive each way I'd go anyway too..... Was really looking forward to this one

Everyone come up to Reno April 8th and 9th! Should be clear and calm and in the 70's
Old 02-14-2017, 04:47 PM
[email protected]

45 % Friday and 50% on Saturday according to Yahoo Weather

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-14-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Cut and Paste did not work
Old 02-14-2017, 05:37 PM
Desertlakesflying

Yea. I'd have quite a bit of weather to drive through. Snow levels will not be high enough to miss the snow in the Bridgeport area and it gets ugly out that way.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be there late Thursday, night flying is great out there...
Old 02-18-2017, 12:56 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Ok Guys, Here is the plan.

We will extend the event into Sunday. Saturday has the rain ending early morning and Sunday has perfect flying weather. Once again we are much farther out into the desert and rain for us is rare.

Monday is a holiday and if anyone wants to fly on Monday, they may stay and do so.

Please remember that our canopy's are sun shades and are not water proof, so bring rain gear as needed.

The good thing is that no wind is predicted thru the weekend.

If anyone needs to have their turbine waiver signed off I am a CD and Turbine waiver holder. There are other club members who have that document as well. There would be plenty of time before the event starts to have you make your ck out flight.

Hope to see you all here.

Dan

Dan are you guys still going to extend to Sunday?

Thanks again
Old 02-18-2017, 01:04 AM
flyingdan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Matt. Yes we are planning to extend flying jets into Sunday.
Hope to see you here.
Dan
Old 02-19-2017, 04:14 PM
[email protected]

I just got home and wanted to say thank you to everyone who came and braved the very hostile weather system. I think we had everything except Sleet and Snow. Jeff Tolemeo made two fright flights on Friday, the winds were so strong that he had to land at a 35 degrees to the runway. He has skills.

Thank you to our Sponsors, House of Balsa's Paul Stenburg aka ZAP Glue, Barry Hou for some great King Tech oil. Dura Grit tools, Uncle Dons Hobbies, Rob Thomas of Rob Thomas Training, The Desert Sun, Goin Vertical Video, and the CVRC Club for all of their help. If I have slighted anyone I deeply apologize.

So I must say thank you again to everyone who came. It was not the severe clear that we usually have.

Heck we can deal with Air Force One arriving.

As Jim McKwen of JPO said, "Eisenhower had to postpone D Day because of weather". Thank you Jim for providing the Top Gun Trophy too, the pilots voted and Jeff Tolemeo won. Hats off to Jeff.

See you next year.

Dan
Old 02-19-2017, 04:23 PM
desert flying

It was a great four days, and THANK YOU to those that made it and supported the event. Who would have ever thought we would be dealing with that kind of weather here. As always it was great to see familiar faces and getting a chance to talk with you. Looking forward to upcoming events and will try to get some video posted as time permits. For now though, I am exhausted and going to put my feet up.

Cheers
-john
Old 02-19-2017, 05:33 PM
rwilabee

I sure enjoyed the four days. We had lots of Jets in the air and plenty of spectators. Thanks to those who braved the unusual weather to attend our Jet Event. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Rich
Old 02-20-2017, 07:26 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

We had a great time. The club was great as usual . Good visiting with every one. Thanks Dan
Old 02-20-2017, 07:45 AM
Digital Pilot

Had a great time flying and visiting with everyone. Thanks again to Dan and all the members who came out, Rain, Wind or Shine to make this event happen. We had alot of fun regardless of weather.

Thanks to all the sponsors who make these events happen and to JPO for the great trophy.

See everyone soon.

Jeff
Old 02-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Desertlakesflying

Everyone come up for High Sierra Jets April 8-9

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...erra-jets.html
Old 02-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Digital Pilot

Desert, Looks like it will be a great event but it might not be good to promote your jet event on another jet events posting. Might rub people the wrong way considering how much time and money goes into putting these events together..

Just my .2 cents
Old 02-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Desertlakesflying

Not meant to rub anyone the wrong way. I was going to be handing out fliers at Coachella had the weather held up for me, and Dan had already said he would mention it often.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Digital Pilot

Copy that.. Should be nice out there in April. Have fun..
Old 02-21-2017, 05:27 AM
DCGayhart
My Feedback: (22)

Hey guys, had a nice time in Coachella, beautiful facility and friendly staff. Great event even thought the weather did not cooperate. Got there Monday and flew for three good days (20 flights total). Won $250 in the pilots raffle and eat tons of lobster at the Indian buffet.
Only down side was I left the step to my RV in the parking lot, any one going to Tucson with room for my step?
Old 02-21-2017, 05:51 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rwilabee
I sure enjoyed the four days. We had lots of Jets in the air and plenty of spectators. Thanks to those who braved the unusual weather to attend our Jet Event. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Rich
Great seeing you guys again, 3rd year for me. I flew more on Sunday than I have flown in one day in years. I burned 5 gallons in one day, a lot for me.

You guys are really salt of the earth, thanks to Dan, Rich, John, Murray and everyone else. Sorry you guys had bad weather but I really hope you keep the event going next year.

And Rich your Sprint flying was awesome, it was a treat to call for you as you have had to call for me for the last 2 years.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:41 AM
desert flying

Danny, Gary and Becky graciously picked it up and have it for you.....
Old 02-22-2017, 10:00 AM
DCGayhart
My Feedback: (22)

How do I contact them?
Old 02-22-2017, 02:13 PM
desert flying

Danny, I sent you an email and copied them on the email as well. Let me know if you make contact......I do not have phone numbers, but used emails from our sign up sheets. Hope this helps....

-john
Old 02-24-2017, 01:16 PM
desert flying

Hello Danny (DCGayhart) I got a phone call today from Becky in reference to your step and the email I had sent you both. She is going to email you and see if you can't connect. They are going to be going to Tucson if I understood her correctly...

Hope it works out....let me know.
thanks
-john
Old 02-24-2017, 02:32 PM
[email protected]

Hi Guys I hope this link works. Barry flying in the lite Rain. Awesome flying Barry

Dan

https://m.facebook.com/Cvrcclub/posts/603240526547756
Old 03-06-2017, 12:08 PM
[email protected]

Hi Everyone:

Here are some great shots taken at our event.

Yes we did have our normal sunshine for a couple of days.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qeekv6cqj...lnF5nTzqa?dl=0