Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bavarian Demon Cortex PRO is here!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 AM
DCGayhart
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
There is no need to open the file. FW updates are done through the software app. Connect the Cortex Pro and follow the update instructions.
Got it. Thanks
Old 04-25-2017, 10:38 AM
DCGayhart

Originally Posted by DCGayhart
Got it. Thanks
Did firmware update and copied bin file to devices in DS16, taught input signal but can't run setup just get blinking red led.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:47 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firmware update done. Bin file copied to devices. Ran through the full setup (signal type, followed by controls) and all is working.

All telemetry is being received by the TX, including from the CB200.

BUT, my CB200 and MBar no longer shows in Device Explorer. Only the CortexPro. See screenshots...

...jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen000.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	2211792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen001.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	2211793  

Last edited by JimBrown; 04-25-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:52 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Danny!
Both the Cortex pro .img and Jeti .Bin files are there on the website for the Jeti Transmitters.

Enjoy guys.. cool setup.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:00 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JimBrown
Firmware update done. Bin file copied to devices. Ran through the full setup (signal type, followed by controls) and all is working.

All telemetry is being received by the TX, including from the CB200.

BUT, my CB200 and MBar no longer shows in Device Explorer. Only the CortexPro. See screenshots...

...jim
Primary RX must be connected to port B on the Cortex Pro. RX1 on the Central Box must be connected to port 6 on the Cortex Pro. Please check this.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:03 PM
DCGayhart

Did firmware update and copied bin file to devices in DS16, taught input signal but can't run setup just get blinking red led.
Talked to Dan and found I had the primary R3/RSW connected to input port A of the Cortex Pro, should be to port B (had no idea about that)! Also make sure port 6 output of the Cortex Pro (now the primary R3/RSW) is connected to RX1 of the CB 200. CB200 and Cortex Pro now show up in Device Explorer and all telemetry is working.
Thanks Dan, big help!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:20 PM
JimBrown

Primary RX must be connected to port B on the Cortex Pro. RX1 on the Central Box must be connected to port 6 on the Cortex Pro. Please check this.
Yep, that'll do it. And there I was religiously following the quick start guide. Might want to tell the Bavarion Demon guys that they need to update the quick start guide. It shows RX1 to Port A, RX2 to Port B, Port 5 to CB200 SAT1 and Port 6 to CB200 SAT2. Which, I suppose could be technically correct if RX2 is your primary RX. But for most of us, I don't think that will be the case. ;-)

Happy camper now!
Thanks,
...jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	2211803  
Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM
JoeJr1485

When you have it all connected. turn on the transmitter and wait for the red blinking light then plug in the bind plug. Once you get the blue blinking light "(slow blink)" then power off, pull bind plug. what that does is it learns your connection type. it took me a minute this morning to figure it out but. Then once that is done reconnect the bind plug and do the setup steps.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:30 PM
F1 Rocket

Yep, that'll do it. And there I was religiously following the quick start guide. Might want to tell the Bavarion Demon guys that they need to update the quick start guide. It shows RX1 to Port A, RX2 to Port B, Port 5 to CB200 SAT1 and Port 6 to CB200 SAT2. Which, I suppose could be technically correct if RX2 is your primary RX. But for most of us, I don't think that will be the case. ;-)

Happy camper now!
Thanks,
...jim
The text in the new manual is correct but the graphic needs to be updated. will take a look at the QS guide too. Please note that we also recommend an extra power lead from port 4 of the Cortex Pro to an open servo port on the Central Box. If you are using all servo ports you can use a Y to one of the ports.

Danny
Old 04-25-2017, 01:35 PM
gooseF22

After your configuration changed, make sure you don't have duplicate telemetry.. If you do, refresh the sensors.. sometimes it will happen when swapping receivers around..

I had a duplicate CB200.. refresh took care of it.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:27 PM
JSF-TC

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Danny,

Is the additional power lead only needed if you are running the servos directly from the Cortex Pro?

What is the need if you only have the receivers/ CB200 connected to the gyro, and all the servos connected to the CB?

Thanks

Paul
Old 04-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Paul,
Rx1 and Rx2 ports of the CB200 can carry very little load.
You can damage the CB if too much current is drawn from those ports (i.e. connecting a servo to one of your satellites).
So, the extra power connector is to reduce the load on those ports

Jack
Old 04-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Jack Diaz
My Feedback: (1)

Danny,
Are the Pro previous settings maintained after the FW upgrade?

Jack
Old 04-25-2017, 06:01 PM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Danny,

Is the additional power lead only needed if you are running the servos directly from the Cortex Pro?

What is the need if you only have the receivers/ CB200 connected to the gyro, and all the servos connected to the CB?

Thanks

Paul

The recommendation is due to the limited power available from the CB's RX ports. These are rated at 200mA each. A R3 uses approx 20mA, Cortex Pro uses approx 70mA so we are well below the spec. However, some users have seen voltage drops so in consultation with Jeti we now recommend the additional power lead.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:04 PM
F1 Rocket

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Danny,
Are the Pro previous settings maintained after the FW upgrade?

Jack

All settings remain the same but it is always recommended to double check. And always, always double, triple, quadruple check that the surfaces are correcting the right way after any settings change.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:20 PM
JimBrown

The text in the new manual is correct but the graphic needs to be updated. will take a look at the QS guide too. Please note that we also recommend an extra power lead from port 4 of the Cortex Pro to an open servo port on the Central Box. If you are using all servo ports you can use a Y to one of the ports.

Danny
Hi Danny, I was referring to the quick start guide. Finally found the full manual and I do see the note for Jeti users there. May want to add that note to the quick start guide.

Regarding the extra power lead, can that by y'd to one of the CB200's EXT2 or EXT3 ports even if those ports are being used for telemetry? Or, if y'ing off a servo port that is in use, will the signal wire be ignored by the CortexPRO?

Thanks,
...jim
Old 04-25-2017, 07:33 PM
JoeJr1485

Hi Danny, I was referring to the quick start guide. Finally found the full manual and I do see the note for Jeti users there. May want to add that note to the quick start guide.

Regarding the extra power lead, can that by y'd to one of the CB200's EXT2 or EXT3 ports even if those ports are being used for telemetry? Or, if y'ing off a servo port that is in use, will the signal wire be ignored by the CortexPRO?

Thanks,
...jim
I was wondering the same thing. Can we use just the pos/neg on one of the ports or do we need the data too? thanks for asking that Jim.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:29 AM
DEMONjoe

No space, that's why there is the note in the QSG to check the manual's advice.
Btw: graphic is updated, was not refering to Jeti alone, but I agree, it was missleading.

It's confirmed by Jeti that the signal lead is no problem. That's why we state "a standard patch cable" in the manual. And it's confimred to use any servo output. So why think about other ports, that already run telemetry?! Simply use a servo port
Old 04-26-2017, 03:57 AM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by DEMONjoe
No space, that's why there is the note in the QSG to check the manual's advice.
Btw: graphic is updated, was not refering to Jeti alone, but I agree, it was missleading.

It's confirmed by Jeti that the signal lead is no problem. That's why we state "a standard patch cable" in the manual. And it's confimred to use any servo output. So why think about other ports, that already run telemetry?! Simply use a servo port
I would pull the signal wire on the power patch.. its strictly used to provide additional power to the cortex because the RX1/2 ports on the CB200 is current limited and has a small diode to protect RX. You are adding additional current demands to the sat ports, so that is the purpose of adding a patch wire.. just pull the signal pin and tape it back, or remove it. thats my 2 cents.

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-26-2017 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:12 AM
gooseF22

Jim, et al, on the CB200, the Ext 2/3 ports are actually servo ports too, and are on the full power bus, so they are good for tapping power, but could have PW, 0/1 or ExSN on the sig wire.

The RX ports have a current limit and a small shotkey diode to protect the receiver in the basic design.. This is why the Jeti manual says don't plug anything into a satellite receiver. this is also why you see a small drop in receiver voltage vs the ACCU 1/2 voltage. Those ports were never designed for a load.

Thus the recommended patch power cable.. If it were me, I would pull the signal wire.. takes 2 sec. I do the same thing with the standard cortex, I place an additional power wire on it when running the loom cable and big servos..

Whats important in the Pro 2 things. 1. NEVER EVER plug power or anything into the programming port, other than what the manual calls for.. 2. Additional Power to the Pro is provided via the Servo ports 1-6, which are on a common bus..thus the recommendation to put power into port 4 in the pass through setup. If you are running it on a Y cord that actually has a servo connected to the output, even though the cortex isn't outputting a PW signal, I would not want the signal wire getting anything from the Pro.

Disclaimer: Danny or Johchim could correct my statements because they know far more than I do about it.

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-26-2017 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:37 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I got my Pro updated and switched over from cable loom to serial input from my 2 RX3's via the Cortex to a CB200. It took a little trial and error and a lot of help from information on this thread but everything seems to be working as advertised.

One question; I have both rudder and nose wheel steering receiving stabilization but I need more sensitivity/throw on the nose wheel. Any way to accomplish that without effecting the rudder?

Thanks,

Craig
Old 04-27-2017, 07:59 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

OK guys I'm really Jeti and Cortex stupid. Just got both. Can someone put this in a simple push this button then push that button rub your belly then spin 3 times format to download the stuff to the TX and gyro to make this thing work? Thanks!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:42 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
OK guys I'm really Jeti and Cortex stupid. Just got both. Can someone put this in a simple push this button then push that button rub your belly then spin 3 times format to download the stuff to the TX and gyro to make this thing work? Thanks!
Tom.....You sound like me! I wish it were as simple as pushing buttons. However, I just went through this yesterday and this should get you started:

1. Go to this web page: Software and firmware for stabilization systems by Bavarian Demon
Start by downloading this software onto your computer (assuming you have not already done so): DOWNLOAD Windows (7 and higher): bavarianDEMON-ACP-1.1-WIN-setup.exe (17,6 MB)

2. Further down the page under CortexPro Firmware down load these two files:
DOWNLOAD firmware: bavarianDEMON-CORTEXpro-Firmware-V1200.img (218 KB)
DOWNLOAD Jeti bin file: CORTEXpro-V1.bin (38 KB)
Don't try to open either one, just make sure you can find them later in Downloads or wherever you save them on your computer

3. Open the first program (Bavarian Demon ACP) on your computer (there should be a shortcut on your desktop) and plug in your CortexPro with the supplied USB cable and click "Start". Then click on the "Check for Updates" (or something similar). Mine gave me the option of selecting the update from "files". I found the bavarianDEMON firmware update (downloaded in step 2) in downloads and clicked it. It then automatically downloaded the update to the CortexPro. Disconnect the pro.

4. Go to this page on the Espirit website and watch the Jeti Shorts video on "Jeti Transmitter Updates": Jeti Video
Follow the instructions but instead of downloading a transmitter update from their website, find the CORTEXpro-V1.bin file you downloaded in step 2 and drag it into the "Devices" folder on you Jeti transmitter. (Note: you may also need to download the latest Jeti tx update 4.22 if you have not already done so. Just follow the instructions in the video)

5. Down load the CortexPro "Manual" from this web page: Manuals / Data sheets
Print it out and follow the instructions. Read through the last 2 or 3 pages of this thread to help in understanding the instructions.

6. Don't plan on doing anything else today.

6. Call me when you get stuck (I will pm you my phone number)

Good Luck......Craig
Old 04-27-2017, 09:53 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks Craig....I can now do the hokey pokey!
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 AM
mick15

I have carried out all actions as recommended, updated the Pro, copied the file to my Ds16, connected Rx's and connected the Pro to my CB400 and fitted the bind plug.

On switching on I get a green Led and nothing else, help would be appreciated

m

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.