Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How we build a foamy Jet for 6Kg turbine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How we build a foamy Jet for 6Kg turbine

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 01:25 PM
leemkl06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A pilot down in Georgia just had one delivered from Dragon hobbys about three weeks ago and it had metal horns and matched the ones from GJC. What appears to have happened is that HSD implemented all of the requested changes across the board. So v1 was diffenent from v2. Now they are working on V3 and I'm sure they will once again apply the changes across the entire line. At the end of the day, if you feel more comfortable spending extra money for the same plane, be my guest. For those of you who rather spend 400 dollars on other things, take a look at the HSD version from Dragon.

Last edited by leemkl06; 09-22-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:30 PM
ScaleCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then why is dragon hobby telling it's customers they are plastic? Feel free to call like I did. 1 702-383-8181. Tell me what they say. How is a customer supposed to know what they are getting? If the seller doesn't know??? If I buy a dragon hobby plane and it comes with plastic hardware will you buy it off me?
Old 09-21-2016, 01:36 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaleCrazy
Then why is dragon hobby telling it's customers they are plastic? Feel free to call like I did. 1 702-383-8181. Tell me what they say. How is a customer supposed to know what they are getting? If the seller doesn't know??? If I buy a dragon hobby plane and it comes with plastic hardware will you buy it off me?
Dragon's website says shipping from China. My bet is that they haven't seen one of the new ones with the metal horns etc. The latest version may be what is shipping now. No I won't buy yours if I'm wrong.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:39 PM
ScaleCrazy

Not to mention I'm new to jets. I have attended 3 jet rally's and at all 3 GJC was there helping customers. I haven't seen Dragon at any event jet or otherwise. How's there customer support? I so want to pull the trigger and order a jet and I saw the dragon hobby site. But Dragon them selves are telling me it's a different plane. So who do I believe? And where do I get my support?
Old 09-22-2016, 03:09 AM
gotofly6010

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone...

I am very pleased to announce that the Mr. Barry and Dirk have agreed to undertake the distribution of HSD. Our line of turbine jet products will be available through their website, www.pacificrcjets.com. With their experience and knowledge of turbine engines I believe our CEO Mr. Huang made the right choice for the right people at the task. They will be able to offer you their outstanding services in the industry, both in KingTech turbines as well as HSD foamies. They will also be offering their knowledge and suggestions to keep improving our products. Mr. Huang and I wish them all the best!

Regards,
Thomas
Old 09-22-2016, 04:17 AM
ScaleCrazy

So does this mean we can only get the hsd turbo foam jets threw pacificrcjets? Or are dragon and global still options?
Old 09-22-2016, 04:35 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The foam in the turbine versions is incredibly dense. I was actually quite impressed with the rigidity of the airframe overall. That's the positive...

The negative is my Good flying buddy has had his plug and fly turbine HSD F-16 now for 8 weeks and hasn't been able to do the maiden yet.

Firstly they didn't deliver the swinwin turbine installed and he had to wait 2 weeks for that to arrive supposedly awaiting a new design ecu.

when it did finally arrive and he did the installation he paid to not do, the ecu had issues and the fuel pump does not receive voltage from the ecu. Both he and I are experienced turbine flyers and attempted trouble shooting to no avail, so. Now he Is still waiting for a replacement ecu.

not sure how new the "new" ecu was as the screw in the case were rusted.

so great concept, but they have to ensure they get it right before going to market..

thanks

dave
Old 09-22-2016, 05:55 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by gotofly6010
Hi everyone...

I am very pleased to announce that the Mr. Barry and Dirk have agreed to undertake the distribution of HSD. Our line of turbine jet products will be available through their website, www.pacificrcjets.com. With their experience and knowledge of turbine engines I believe our CEO Mr. Huang made the right choice for the right people at the task. They will be able to offer you their outstanding services in the industry, both in KingTech turbines as well as HSD foamies. They will also be offering their knowledge and suggestions to keep improving our products. Mr. Huang and I wish them all the best!

Regards,
Thomas
Awesome, King Tech is taking over the world, glade I got in on the ground floor

I have had my eye on the F-16... Now it's a no brainier

TB
Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gotofly6010
Hi everyone...

Regards,
Thomas

Thank you Thomas & Mr. Huang,

We are looking forward to supplying our customer with another great and affordable product. The HSD product line of Turbofoam Jets will be a great match with our KingTech K-60 turbine. We will have the products on our website shortly, and we will be offering a combo savings package as well.

Thank you again for your confidence in our team,

Dirk & Barry
Old 09-22-2016, 03:32 PM
TonyBuilder

Yeah baby

TB

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 09-22-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:35 PM
ScaleCrazy

Hopefully this will be sold as a kit.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 PM
TonyBuilder

I would think it will be sold as a turbine ready, but I'm sure there will be a PNP with a K60 in it. I would go for the combo of turbine ready with the K60!

TB
Old 09-22-2016, 06:08 PM
Midas D.

Hi Dirk and/or Barry,

These foamies really got my attention,

But i'm just curious, what's with the new K60 coming out? (putting out 80N Thrust )
Or is that just a rumor ...... and should i order the brand new Merlin M70XBL to put in one of these foamies?

Cheers,

Ed
Old 09-22-2016, 06:10 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm confused. I thought global jet club was the sole distributor?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:20 PM
GhostRider 1

Originally Posted by Midas D.
Hi Dirk and/or Barry,

But i'm just curious, what's with the new K60 coming out? (putting out 80N Thrust )
Or is that just a rumor ...... and should i order the brand new Merlin M70XBL to put in one of these foamies?

Cheers,

Ed

I don't think they have a new K60 coming out, it is probably a redesigned K80 in a smaller housing the size of a K60. It seems that is the way KingTech is heading, smaller, lighter and powerful, not to mention the new electronics. Merlin smerlin!! KingTech only for me!!

Ghostrider
Old 09-22-2016, 07:29 PM
GhostRider 1

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
I'm confused. I thought global jet club was the sole distributor?

Obviously things changed and who better than to have Barry & Dirk take over. Can you say, Kickass combo kit with a K-60? They also are selling Skymaster & T-1 Jets and hopefully other options in the near future. Their customer service is off the hook!!

Ghostrider
Old 09-22-2016, 07:44 PM
ScaleCrazy

Great plane/ foam +great turbine + generic servos and electronics hardly is kickass. Give us a kit and alow us to make it kickass.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:04 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Great plane/ foam +great turbine + generic servos and electronics hardly is kickass. Give us a kit and alow us to make it kickass.
KIT,,
Your kidding right,, a foam airplane KIT, I guess that would consist of the two halves you glue together, and the mounting plates that sandwich in between them. The whole target group this plane is aimed at is based on a PNP delivery, based on simplicity for folks who don't have either the MONEY, time, Or ability to put a built up/composite turbine powered airplane together themselves. If you wanna build a "KIT" , that involves much more than putting your choice of electronics in. The reason this is popular is because it is sold as a PNP, either with or without the engine!! I have a buddy who is a rep for GJC and I flew the turbofoam viper a couple weeks ago, while foam is not my style, I can see the appeal to some for this type of aircraft, fairly small, all the work has been done for you already, and it SIMPLE to put together at the field, flies great and no bad habits. That's the bullseye these are aimed at, and They have hit the mark with it. Now KingTech is going to be distributing them, I can tell you from experience, the customer support I have had with Kingtech has been second to none, and would imagine them to treat this new line of product with the same level of professionalism.

Last edited by raron455; 09-22-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Midas D.
Hi Dirk and/or Barry,

Cheers,

Ed
I've seen the K45 do 6kg.... but I also seen the Kolibri T50 do 6kg+. Now also adding up a video of the Jetsmunt doing just over 70N....

So far we need to stay with engines that are available such as K45 or Kolibri T50 or if you like larger options. How ever already the K45 makes power way beyond a 12S EDF setup, so very powerful setup for the foamies. I personally see no point in adding more power, batter shave of weight.

I welcome the new engines, specially the M70XBL but so far not available. I would love two of those in my coming Saab 105.

Last edited by Henke Torphammar; 09-23-2016 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:59 AM
ScaleCrazy

I understend where your coming from. The point I'm making is why can't there be that option. If you guys that love the idea of having a turbine plane with cheap chineese electronics. Why not just stop buying cortex, sell your jeti, futaba, Jr etc. And buy your jet stuff from HK. If you fell the turbo foam jet is that reliable then have the same faith in the rest of th e HK line. All I'm saying is while cheaper it's still a 3k plane. Yes the plane Flys great. Looks great. I would just like the option to install my own electronics for security.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:49 AM
TonyBuilder

You can always put your own servos in, that's what my buddy does. That should eas your worries

TB
Old 09-23-2016, 09:09 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Yes a electronics ready version would be great
Old 09-23-2016, 10:21 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I understend where your coming from. The point I'm making is why can't there be that option. If you guys that love the idea of having a turbine plane with cheap chineese electronics. Why not just stop buying cortex, sell your jeti, futaba, Jr etc. And buy your jet stuff from HK. If you fell the turbo foam jet is that reliable then have the same faith in the rest of th e HK line. All I'm saying is while cheaper it's still a 3k plane. Yes the plane Flys great. Looks great. I would just like the option to install my own electronics for security.
You can always get the ARF (usually they are avilable as "kit") and fit your own stuff. I engineer allot of foamy turbine conversions and I found out allot of things during the years. Maybe some have sneaked in to these planes and some not. I prefer to fit out my planes my self, but the servos are my least concern now days. They are really good enough.

But I fully agree that more variants would be better for us, but at some point making less will keep the price down too.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Midas D.

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
I've seen the K45 do 6kg.... but I also seen the Kolibri T50 do 6kg+. Now also adding up a video of the Jetsmunt doing just over 70N....

So far we need to stay with engines that are available such as K45 or Kolibri T50 or if you like larger options. How ever already the K45 makes power way beyond a 12S EDF setup, so very powerful setup for the foamies. I personally see no point in adding more power, batter shave of weight.

I welcome the new engines, specially the M70XBL but so far not available. I would love two of those in my coming Saab 105.

Hi Henke,

So basically you are saying, put an K45 in the HSD foamie?

Got 1 of those on the shelf so that's great :-)
Old 09-23-2016, 06:11 PM
TonyBuilder

My flying team buddy put a K45 in his HSD viper and loves the way it flies (for him) better then our other team member flying the same HSD frame with a K60.

TB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.