Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat P300 blew up with NO REFUND!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat P300 blew up with NO REFUND!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 03:52 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Independently of the outcome of this situation (hopefully is good for everyone), I think an important learning is: don't buy a turbine before you need it !

I see a lot of people shopping for airframes for a specific turbine they already bought... I just don't get it. Wait until the last minute, they are ALWAYS getting better, plus you don't let it sit wasting warranty (if you don't have a life time warranty),

Just my 2c
Old 09-20-2016, 03:58 PM
spaceman 01
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The engine was be on repair it blew a part and it was probably into 100 or so pieces in my fusillades even if you wanted to repair that engine you could not . Todd The engine accordine to them was not in the warranty it was passed by two months
Old 09-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Jetmodeler

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This type of thing was a lesson for the auto companies, ignoring customers just out of warranty was one of the driving forces leading to the current lemon laws.
We need better discussion on real issues with turbine, comments on the reputation of the P300 seem to vary, good when put in print, other things are said when discussed face to face, so while at JetCat find out the truth for us. I was there for Nick's P300 blow up, fortunately it blew up on the takeoff roll before it left the ground otherwise it could of cost a lot more than the turbine replacement costs, never saw the front end of a turbine blown off before, very unique failure.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:32 PM
spaceman 01

Here is the video.https://youtu.be/m3HhrUdb2dY
Old 09-20-2016, 09:24 PM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the old Wren 160 issue that was ignored by wren
Old 09-21-2016, 03:44 AM
teebox11
My Feedback: (33)

Default jc fail on takeoff

Why did u post a totally worthless video? You need a new camera person.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:08 AM
spaceman 01

It might be worthless do you but it's worth something to me
Old 09-21-2016, 05:09 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

I knew I would regret getting involved...
Not knowing the whole story is always an issue with many RCU posters, but
The Auto industry is completely different to aeromodelling with billions of $ to play with.
Yes customer service is important. But a warranty is what it says, you can read this when you buy anything (before) I have dealt with quite a few turbine companies, I know how many work and I can tell you JetCat is top of the pile. I've bought and paid for around 600 JetCat turbines and this does not 'buy' special treatment. It might gain me respect on discussing the outcome on any issues.
I know KT have built a back up service in the US, that's great but i'm sure HH found out that throwing money at a problem is not the cure. In the UK KT does not feature at all and Europe not much either.
I can post pictures of other 'loved' brands with blow ups,including a nearly new JB220 that lost the front end and "blew" a hole through the side of a Shockwave fuselage! It was dealt with perfectly by Behotec, but what if it was not under warranty?

Like I said, forums are not the place for these grudge matches, nothing is gained from it. People who love JetCat are not going to stop buying them because of this post. Smart guys know that there are so many factors, the P-300 is not a common turbine, i've only sold eight,so don't have much experience on them. End of the day, here people buy from a dealer, who deals with JetCat. They do the contact and work negotiating any deal, if I remember you are saying you were offered a new unit for maybe half of the new price-this after the warranty had expired, sounds very fair to me, your real problem was the accessories missing? Maybe this is communication issues.

I've said enough on something that does not directly involve me, so I'm out

Best Regards

Dave
Old 09-21-2016, 05:24 AM
spaceman 01

Dave that's right but If they had a problem with the bearings. they should've called all p 300 the owners and take care the problem and for 3000 that I paid they only send me the can that's how much is for the can no discount
Old 09-21-2016, 06:33 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK Locking this one