Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anybody else wondering why a P-220 costs $4,600 in the US vs $3,900 overseas?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anybody else wondering why a P-220 costs $4,600 in the US vs $3,900 overseas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 05:28 AM
Mike06659

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In any case, I am glad to see Todd and his Dreamworks Team take over the US sales and service of JetCat. All my dealings and dumb questions I've asked Todd and his team over the years have been always answered and extremely helpful. With Todd and his team leading the charge for Jetcat's US sales and service I know it will only improve!

Mike
Old 10-01-2016, 07:05 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetkopter
Steve, what your dealing with is people who have gone above and beyond for you, but your too naïve, thick headed and cheap to realize it. Its a global market for sure and you should take advantage of being a smart consumer. That being said , just remember European motors get repaired in Europe. That's where there tech support is too, so with the money you saved you can brush up on your German. Most people don't understand what the hidden costs are to hang your shingle out and say I am open for business, those are the same people who go into the brick and mortar hobby shop and complain about the price of clevis. I didn't miss your point on the 180, I get it, and even if I didn't get it I have had enough business dealings with you to know that your not happy till you have squeezed a nickel out of a penny. As far as I know Jetcat prices reductions where announced at Jet Power. You claim they went down earlier, if they did would you expect Todd to lower the prices on his in stock inventory that he has already paid for? Of course you would, but no reasonable business person would. I know that this is a pointless waste of my time because you have your mind made up that you paid too much and nothing will change that. My offer still stands if you want to sell that technological marvel of a 220 your sitting on because despite what you say supply is not keeping up with demand.
The headache alone in dealing with folks blowing up your phone that just cannot be pleased no matter what you do is worth the extra cost. I have had a little dealings in goods and services, the fact is some folks just cannot be happy and if its not free they will always *****. Heck I have seen people actually ***** about free stuff, new world we live in and the probably the biggest reason I have about decided to not start my own little business in the hobby. I have always been up for paying a few dollars more to drive down the street and visit the local hobby shops, but thats just me. If it was me I would just buy another brand turbine thats closer to what you are looking to spend, I try to be a loyal customer but the fact is unless your getting paid for a certain brand then its all open to try right?
Old 10-01-2016, 10:59 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

The reality is, we rarely encounter a disgruntled customer and those that know me or have made a purchase through my companies, value and appreciate the level of customer service we extend. I typically avoid involvement in these drama rants displayed here, but in this case I couldn't sit back and watch Steve (Skunkwurk) entirely skew facts with his altered reality and opinions.
Truth is, we went WAY above and beyond to accommodate Steve with his engine purchase shortly after taking over JetCat USA. Numerous months later, having found the engine for less overseas, he contacted us EXPECTING a refund for the difference. This post is a result of that unreasonable reality he is living in.... George and I have been working 14+ hour days, 6 days a week, to restore your confidence in JetCat USA and the JetCat brand. I refuse to sit back and watch someone attempt to discredit the company with his absurd and unreasonable demands.
While Steve feels the need to take his discussions private, so he can attempt to skew your reality; I have nothing to hide and would happily post the un-edited email chain for all to see with Steve's permission... Sound good to you Steve?

New JetCat USA pricing has been launched today on the Dreamworks website.

Todd

Last edited by lov2flyrc; 10-02-2016 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I just ordered more parts from Dreamworks..... They are the only ones that can seem to get something from Florida to Nevada in less than a week, And that includes the pony express trip from Vegas to Reno. that everything seems to take once it gets to Vegas. I think I have about run them out of stock of 4mm anti static tubing. That stuff works great. Sucks the kero start converters are out of stock. Who knows how long GJC will take to get it to me from California..

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 10-01-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:36 AM
lovemykoko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gentlemen, I got the first one in town, do i smell a refund for my p220 ?? lol, the fact that the price was $x at dreamworks and $y somewhere else and you decided to buy from dreamworks for $x, why does that make entitled for a refund? it was my decision to buy, no one had enforced me to buy it, of course i would've preferred to pay less, but the price was stated upfront and the transaction was mutually agreed on and that was it, pure and simple, its like buying or leasing a car, prices might drop the very next month you leased or bought your car and i have never heard of any indecent where you can ask for the lower payment, or an airline ticket, on an average flight probably half of the passengers were charged different prices, do you think those who paid more get refunds? of course not, we all know the price of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it, some pay a little less and some pay a little more, it has been and will always be that way. I for one don't mind paying a fair price even if its a bit more for a US based company knowing that i can pick the phone and call that company and someone will answer on the other end, and i really think that cost and above all worth the money. it is a fun hobby for most, and most importantly it is extremely educational for my son, lets keep it that way. hope you all have a good day
Old 10-03-2016, 11:34 AM
DPKII
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now to change the subject... What is the contraption leaning on the chair in the picture Todd posted? I see a JetCat turbine on the bottom, electronics, and what looks like a fuel tank all mounted to a tube of some sort. Looks like an umbrella handle on top? Is this new technology for rain avoidance? Hold above you head with exhaust pointing up and the exhaust creates an umbrella overhead blowing away and evaporating any rain?

David
Old 10-03-2016, 11:51 AM
rhklenke

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DPKII
Now to change the subject... What is the contraption leaning on the chair in the picture Todd posted? I see a JetCat turbine on the bottom, electronics, and what looks like a fuel tank all mounted to a tube of some sort. Looks like an umbrella handle on top? Is this new technology for rain avoidance? Hold above you head with exhaust pointing up and the exhaust creates an umbrella overhead blowing away and evaporating any rain?

David
That's a good question - I hadn't noticed it before.

I think its a P-80 powered leaf blower...

Bob
Old 10-03-2016, 12:42 PM
lov2flyrc

Originally Posted by DPKII

David
LOL.... This image was taken at the local field for JetCat, That is their Turbo Broom for sweeping off the runway :-)
Old 10-03-2016, 12:51 PM
rhklenke

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
LOL.... This image was taken at the local field for JetCat, That is their Turbo Broom for sweeping off the runway :-)
Originally Posted by rhklenke
That's a good question - I hadn't noticed it before.

I think its a P-80 powered leaf blower...

Bob
Ding, Ding, Ding! I win! P-80 powered too, right?

Bob
Old 10-03-2016, 12:51 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Dude, that's hilarious! I bet it would make a good driveway de-icer for the guys up north, HA!
Old 10-03-2016, 02:14 PM
lovemykoko

That is their Turbo Broom for sweeping off the runway :-)

hey Todd, any chance they become available before Halloween, some witches sure can use them.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:59 AM
lov2flyrc

Originally Posted by rhklenke
Ding, Ding, Ding! I win! P-80 powered too, right?

Bob
Give that man a Cigar! :-)

From what I understand, Most witches have traded in their brooms for a FlyBoard :-P

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	331239F500000578-3534614-image-m-29_1460401765317.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	2184430  
Old 10-04-2016, 06:51 AM
DPKII
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool! Every field needs one....

I also seem to remember seeing a turbine powered chainsaw conversion somewhere in the past. It was a really neat job..

Might we see a "Lawn and Garden" section on DreamWorks sight in the future?!!!!

David
Old 10-04-2016, 04:17 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Should be easier than doing it this way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYN6BNTrDbA
Old 10-04-2016, 04:27 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really can't believe this thread. Who cares why there is a difference in price? It's the prerogative of the business. Don't like it? Buy elsewhere.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:35 PM
jlmaviation
My Feedback: (54)

Originally Posted by dubd
I really can't believe this thread. Who cares why there is a difference in price? It's the prerogative of the business. Don't like it? Buy elsewhere.
Amen
Old 10-05-2016, 12:35 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jlmaviation
Amen
+1