Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anybody else wondering why a P-220 costs $4,600 in the US vs $3,900 overseas?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anybody else wondering why a P-220 costs $4,600 in the US vs $3,900 overseas?

Old 09-29-2016, 05:21 PM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Question Anybody else wondering why a P-220 costs $4,600 in the US vs $3,900 overseas?

Enough said in the title...

Yes this includes vat...

Last edited by skunkwurk; 09-29-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:35 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Exchange rate?
Old 09-29-2016, 05:39 PM
skunkwurk

Originally Posted by ltc
Exchange rate?
Nope, that's in dollars.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:05 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe because manufacturing volume and new supply chains has lowered production Costs on several engines across the product line and pricing has been restructured and margins corrected. This pricing is already in effect in Europe. And perhaps, having just returned from Two weeks in Germany, we at JetCat USA have been busy preparing for a price reduction launch along with an introduction to the new 180NX on 10/1. But you already know this since I personally answered this very question for you this afternoon.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:16 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[h=2]Anybody else wondering why a P-220 costs $4,600 in the US vs $3,900 overseas?[/h]Never gave it a thought!
Old 09-29-2016, 09:04 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

did not see where this thread was going .... never mind i even commented ..

Just glad Todd is handling JC in the US now ... next best person to do this after Bob Wilcox ....

Last edited by wojtek; 10-04-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:27 AM
skunkwurk

I do know your position on the matter, and I personally have a different opinion on what is driving the pricing reset.

This thread was meant to solicit feedback from fellow modelers, which can feel free to PM me to speak privately.

thnx.

Last edited by skunkwurk; 09-30-2016 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:28 AM
skunkwurk

Originally Posted by wojtek
This is why I ordered my last few jet cats from a vendor in the UK ... SPT10 $$1800 less than US price ... tough to justify, especially at the time when JetCat USA was being ran into the ground. Good thing DreamWorks is taking care of these now
Thanks, Woj.

That was definitely a smart move!

Last edited by skunkwurk; 09-30-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:09 AM
lov2flyrc

Originally Posted by skunkwurk
I do know your position on the matter, and I personally have a different opinion on what is driving the pricing reset.

This thread was meant to solicit feedback from fellow modelers, which can feel free to PM me to speak privately.

thnx.
Except my answer was not an Opinion, it was factual! Why hide your opinion in "private"? By all means, feel free to share your grievance since that is only the purpose of this post.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:18 AM
skunkwurk

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Except my answer was not an Opinion, it was factual! Why hide your opinion in "private"? By all means, feel free to share your grievance since that is only the purpose of this post.
Not everybody is fearless of bullies, and I simply don’t wish to enter into debate, my plate is quite full!

Old 09-30-2016, 06:52 AM
lov2flyrc

Bullies?! LOL Wow!! Your right, easier to make stuff up in private than be ridiculed by the public I suppose!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:31 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

With Todds answer I can't help but wonder why you wouldn't post in public if you have a different opinion. I hate people that hide behind a computer screen. This is one of the reasons these forums aren't much fun anymore. Far more drama than should ever happen in the RC world.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:33 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Btw, my very first thought when I read the title was with so many engine manufactures all making comparable engines, if you don't like the price of one shop elsewhere. Who cares how they price. If any company decides to try and play games with pricing they will only hurt themselves. Frankly I couldn't care less what any company charges. If the price doesn't work for me I'll find one that does. We have more options now than ever.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:46 AM
LarsL

Skunk,

What exactly are you asking for? Do you want people to respond here directly in your thread or do you want responses to be sent privately?

I'll answer you here. Assuming the $4600 and $3900 are accurate, I would not pay $700 more for the same product unless I could determine that there were other costs (shipping, service, warranty, etc.) that would even things out.

If the pricing gap between buying from JetCat USA vs. buying from Europe/UK, or elsewhere is so large, I can certainly understand and agree with your not buying from JetCat USA. If that changes, would you now buy from the JetCat USA?

Lars
Old 09-30-2016, 10:52 AM
lov2flyrc

Pricing gap reflects a recent price change by the factory which is already in effect in Europe, vs non-updated US pricing (which is scheduled to launch 10/1).
Old 09-30-2016, 12:08 PM
skunkwurk

Hi fellas,

Thank you for your replies and willingness to share your thoughts and opinions. As I stated earlier, this thread was meant to solicit fellow modelers opinions on the matter. It is a global market out there, and I'm simply curious to see if people are buying from abroad, it makes sense, and apparently people have been. That's awesome! Unfortunately a distributor/re-seller has chosen to interject to make this about them, that is their prerogative and is neither here nor there, I suppose. I don't have a particular preference regarding a direct reply or a PM, as there is no hidden agenda here. I only later added the comment of feeling free to PM me because I suspect people don't want to get mixed in the drama, and especially when a thread could get toxic. In fact this may be my last reply due to this.

The pricing I've mentioned has been rolled out in Europe since at least August, that is as far back as I can tell. The position we're hearing is that production volume is up and supply chain has helped reduce costs, sounds great. This in turn is driving potential margin to be passed along to the end user, also sounds great. The problem with the guise is this, when was the last build thread or review video you've seen with a P-220 in it? Have you seen any? Have you seen one? Maybe it's just me, but I haven't, I have heard of maybe one or two guys out there. If tooling is set & volume is up and production is up, where are they? Who's buying these? You make up your own minds.

My opinion, which I have a right to, and that should go without saying, is the following. I suspect the take rate on the 220 has fallen short of forecast, and this is compounded by the fact that there is a smaller displacement motor with the same feature-set right on it's heels. The get-well plan is to reintroduce the same motor at a lower price in order to prime sales. Why? Well, two flops would be disastrous. This motor is expensive and there are pilots out there still feeling the burn from the 180 initial release. Less cost would mean less risk, although it's still the same new technology. I suspect pilots are waiting on someone else to be early adopters, who knows. This is all good I suppose, it's responding to the market. The issue is the early adopters which paid full price and now Ooops... It's all good and I hope many people buy it, it seems like excellent technology, I hope it's a great success. There will be a few people feeling the burn for paying full price, but hay, what can they do when you want to test new tech.

You be the judge, keep your eye's peeled, remember it is a global market out there. There is nothing we need for these jets which we cannot buy from multiple sources. And for goodness sake, find good people, I'd pay extra for that.

Safe flights!

Signing off, skunk.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Steve, did you want to sell that 220 you have sitting new the box? Because I have several on order and cant get them. I always find it interesting that guys come on here and tell a story and leave out the details that doesn't favor there position. I know the story, I know what JC USA has done for you. Your wrong about the 180 NX being the reason prices are being lowered, a 9 pound thrust difference is a hardly in the same class. I want an IPhone 7 and I want it yesterday, but I only want to pay IPhone 5 price ! Is that the way your logic works? If you can pull that off for me I will gladly buy that over priced P220 from you.
Regards,
Don
Old 09-30-2016, 02:58 PM
lov2flyrc

LOL! No Don, He just wants to buy the Iphone 7 at release then get a refund back for the difference when apple reduces the price 6 months later! :-)
Old 09-30-2016, 03:30 PM
skunkwurk

Don, just reach out to Jet Tronics, they have a 2 week lead time and they're only 3K. I think the point I made regarding the 180 was missed by a lot...

Last edited by skunkwurk; 09-30-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:31 PM
skunkwurk

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
LOL! No Don, He just wants to buy the Iphone 7 at release then get a refund back for the difference when apple reduces the price 6 months later! :-)
Well folks, let this be a lesson, now we know who we're dealing with.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:07 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Don/Todd....are we having fun yet?��
Old 09-30-2016, 04:18 PM
Jetkopter

Steve, what your dealing with is people who have gone above and beyond for you, but your too naïve, thick headed and cheap to realize it. Its a global market for sure and you should take advantage of being a smart consumer. That being said , just remember European motors get repaired in Europe. That's where there tech support is too, so with the money you saved you can brush up on your German. Most people don't understand what the hidden costs are to hang your shingle out and say I am open for business, those are the same people who go into the brick and mortar hobby shop and complain about the price of clevis. I didn't miss your point on the 180, I get it, and even if I didn't get it I have had enough business dealings with you to know that your not happy till you have squeezed a nickel out of a penny. As far as I know Jetcat prices reductions where announced at Jet Power. You claim they went down earlier, if they did would you expect Todd to lower the prices on his in stock inventory that he has already paid for? Of course you would, but no reasonable business person would. I know that this is a pointless waste of my time because you have your mind made up that you paid too much and nothing will change that. My offer still stands if you want to sell that technological marvel of a 220 your sitting on because despite what you say supply is not keeping up with demand.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:25 PM
Jetkopter

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Hey Don/Todd....are we having fun yet?��

Matt, complete waste of time, going to the shop to do something constructive !
Old 09-30-2016, 04:40 PM
two dogs
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sure miss Bob
Old 09-30-2016, 06:10 PM
lov2flyrc

Originally Posted by two dogs
sure miss Bob
ME TOO!!

Matt - I hate to admit, its amusing to watch!

Steve.... That Scrawny guy opening the beer, thats your bully. And the older gentleman sitting to the left with the hat, my good friend Horst from Jet-Tronics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0524.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	2183614  

Last edited by lov2flyrc; 10-01-2016 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Fix image

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.