Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

So what are folks doing today?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

So what are folks doing today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 07:13 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default So what are folks doing today?

Im bored out of my mind today LOL can't fly today and I have nothing to build or work on except sanding/painting the missiles for my F-14 but im just not in the mood.
Anyone got a build going they would like to share? Any cool stories? I have been picking up the guitar a bit these days since I have nothing rc related to mess with
Old 10-01-2016, 07:29 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loading for a trip to Best in the West and answering stupid threads like this one.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:46 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by bcovish
Loading for a trip to Best in the West and answering stupid threads like this one.
LOL, could be worse, I could have posted about about the elections
Old 10-01-2016, 07:48 AM
ttodd2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brushless waterproof esc is flashing red..... needs to be green! what can I do to fix this so my redcat will work?
Old 10-01-2016, 07:51 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by ttodd2
brushless waterproof esc is flashing red..... needs to be green! what can I do to fix this so my redcat will work?
Google challenge? hmm 1st post on day of joining? Something fishy.

Okay so I have an interesting story for you Star Wars fans out there! In August I was limping an aircraft across country to Fort Irwin California when I got stuck in Lubbock Tx for four days. While I waited on a new APU to show up from Fort Hood I ran into the most interesting people in our hotel. The hotel was putting on a Comic Con of all things, I didn't pay much attention to this since it was at the convention center next to the hotel and its not my thing. So there I was sitting in the hotel lobby having some drinks when I noticed some gents sitting there talking with an accent. One just happened to be no other than Dave Prowse, AKA Darth Vader! Im not the type to get all star crazy so when it was time leave I walked by and said thanks for the years of entertainment and shook his hand. That kicked off a conversation since I was in uniform and the other gentleman introduced himself as Jayce Lewis. After getting a picture with him and talking for a bit I left and went to dinner, later that evening I looked Jayce up and found out he was a Rock Star from the UK. I listened to some of his music and it was good stuff, so I liked his FB page not thinking much of it after that. Well literally a minute later my FB chat pops up and its Jayce, he wanted me to come hang out with him and Dave. I didn't have anything else to do so I said sure why not but it was the VIP day at the event and the door fee was 100.00$, Jayce hooked me up and I got in for free. Hung out with them at Daves booth while he did autographs, which he makes a killing on by the way! Pretty cool time for my first comicon event I would say, but wait it gets better, after the event we all went back to the hotel and hung out till late that night having some laughs and drinks. Both guys are very friendly down to earth guys and I ended up hanging out with them for the next four days, I took them out to the aircraft and they had a blast. Funny seeing all of Jayce and Daves famous friends being jealous they got up close and personal in the aircraft. So I made some new friends for life and if I can ever make it to the UK I have a place to stay now

Last edited by FenderBean; 10-01-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:53 AM
scootergenie

My Turbinator build is on hold today....Wife's 50th birthday bash, 80 people, tons of food / prep. etc.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:56 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We're having a club clean up day. Lots of leaf blowers and mowers in action getting ready for West Texas Jets next Thu-Sat. Why don't you jump in that Apache and come over here! Our runway would be cleaned up really quick!
Old 10-01-2016, 08:07 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Actually, I'm vegging out in from of the TV today - still recovering from the 4:30AM wakeup and 10 hour drive back from SJS last Tuesday. All worth it though!

Tomorrow if I can manage the energy, I'll be making some maintenance-type repairs to the main gear doors on the Panther in preparation for the Tiger meet in a few weeks...

Bob
Old 10-01-2016, 08:28 AM
FenderBean

Yeah I loaded up my jets to fly today but the wx is a bit bad so I decided to wait till tomorrow which looks to be much better. I have a plastic gear door hing to replace on my SM Viper Jet as well, I need to swap to metal this is the 3rd time its snapped
Old 10-01-2016, 08:29 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
We're having a club clean up day. Lots of leaf blowers and mowers in action getting ready for West Texas Jets next Thu-Sat. Why don't you jump in that Apache and come over here! Our runway would be cleaned up really quick!
Pat wasnt it you that said you were at the airport or something when I was there in August?
Old 10-01-2016, 08:39 AM
TED ANTON

test
Old 10-01-2016, 08:45 AM
TED ANTON

Default Fender

Hey Fender jets and guitars , nothing worn with that
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0757.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	2183648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0736.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	2183652  
Old 10-01-2016, 08:58 AM
FenderBean

Indeed! People always ask why I picked "Fender"bean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1852.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	648.9 KB
ID:	2183656   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1853.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	778.5 KB
ID:	2183657  
Old 10-01-2016, 09:02 AM
TED ANTON

Hey Fender I kind of figured that
SRV one of the best , nice guitar

Good luck

Ted
Old 10-01-2016, 10:57 AM
patrnflyr

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Pat wasnt it you that said you were at the airport or something when I was there in August?
Yep, I saw a crane out there hanging out over an Apache and a crew chief standing on top of the bird. Wish I knew it was you, I would've picked you up and taken you out for some Tex Mex!

we have a ton of DOD aircraft come through here. Not sure why but it seems busier than when Reese AFB was open. Guess it's a good restroom break when crossing the country

Last edited by patrnflyr; 10-01-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:29 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
Yep, I saw a crane out there hanging out over an Apache and a crew chief standing on top of the bird. Wish I knew it was you, I would've picked you up and taken you out for some Tex Mex!

we have a ton of DOD aircraft come through here. Not sure why but it seems busier than when Reese AFB was open. Guess it's a good restroom break when crossing the country
it was just crazy chance, I was heading to Midland which is south of Lubbock but they had thunderstorms that day so I diverted the flight to the north into Lubbock.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:25 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

At the field flying getting ready for the Fall Jet Classic, I know shamless self promotion!
Old 10-01-2016, 07:39 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by Bob_B
At the field flying getting ready for the Fall Jet Classic, I know shamless self promotion!
More than me today lol I bought some new guitar strings and have drank lots of Jack Daniels! Cheers! Going to try a flying site tomorrow pretty close so I'm excited, just me and the f14 and blue skies. The f-14 needs an attitude adjustment!
Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in a ups truck coming back from Salt Lake City
Old 10-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Scott Douglas

Day in the house, Formula 1 early morning then watching fellow Scot Gordon Shedden winning the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC.NET)..probably more exciting than F1 these days!

Might have sank a few Jack Daniels myself!

Tonorrows back to looking for for a permanent home in France 👍