Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-16 w/BVM PNP F-16 Help please

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-16 w/BVM PNP F-16 Help please

Old 10-01-2016, 03:07 PM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Jeti DS-16 w/BVM PNP F-16 Help please

Gents,
Im in the process of setting up a PNP F-16 with a Jeti and I'm struggling a bit. I'm 100% sure it's my lack of experience with the Jeti, so I'm reaching out to the smart folks here for some help

BLUF: the servos are not moving in a smooth linear fashion in time with the stick

Specifics: I'm running a Jeti DS-16 with the latest updates and a CB-200 on dual path with R3 rx (to include an RC switch...that may or may not stay). I am running a multitude of sensors for the fun of it to include an MUI-30 on the fuel pump for a 'fuel gauge', airspeed sensor, and an MBar sensor as well as the multitude of stuff the CB monitors. I intend to run a Demon Cortex Pro but for now it's out of the equation for simplicity. I had tried it on LiFes but a call to BV said 7.4v is the min so I upgraded to LiPos with no change

I have found the the online tutorials about setting it to 100Hz and setting servo output to auto. I have tried both and actually get the best response (ie closest to what you'd call correct and normal) running 100Hz and the lowest servo output value I can (5ms in the R3s and 8 in the CB (yes I've made them all match with no change)

i have are one stab that lags the fight quite badly and I thought was a bad servo but that's incorrect. I think it's more sensitive or something than the other servos.

When i plug in a trusty old 12x everything works perfectly. Smooth, in time with the stick movements, immediate return to center when the stick is released etc.

i really want want to use the Jeti, and would happily call James but it's a sat and I have a kitchen pass right now so I'm leaning on your expertise.

Thanks in advance

Dave
Old 10-01-2016, 05:10 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi Dave,

I can most likely help. You can call any time between 9am-10pm eastern time. Sunday's ok too 407-687-3126
Old 10-01-2016, 06:34 PM
ozief16

Danny,

i just saw this so I'm 30 late. I'll give you a ring tomorrow. Thanks!

Dave

PS-I have 500+ in RVs. Always wanted to try a Rocket!
Old 10-02-2016, 12:21 PM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
Go to device explorer and find the CB200 - the problem is with the output period. Change from Auto to number in ms (top of my head is 17ms) makes the servos operate smoothly. I had it on mine - works perfectly now.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2016, 03:45 PM
ozief16

Jeff,

Thanks for the info. Believe it or not I had already tried that

After talking to Danny this morning, thank you, we figured it was a bad CB. Thankfully I had another around and all appears to be working now

Dave