Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

All New KingTech EPO Jets, by HSD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

All New KingTech EPO Jets, by HSD

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Namsan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_ciFi8V4k HSD jets are awesome for those who will be interested i've just finished the video editing (no flight)

Last edited by Namsan; 12-15-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:36 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

The best one is the decal with the kingtech power ,maybe this fuel station it looks hard to damadge .
Old 12-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Namsan

Originally Posted by sysiek
The best one is the decal with the kingtech power ,maybe this fuel station it looks hard to damadge .
Sure... Best fuel station ever made haha

Last edited by Namsan; 12-15-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:42 PM
GhostRider 1

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Well since I've already got the Super Viper in the Navy scheme finished and I'm not really interested in much scale detail in a foam jet, just stand off scale looks I'm quite happy with the Super Viper. The main things I'm interested in a foam jet are how well it flies and cost. True scale appearance is a distant third as far as I'm concerned.

If we're dreaming about new models we'd like to see, I'd love an SU35 or Mig 29. I realize they aren't going to do a twin but if they could work out something with a single angled thrust tube that captures the basic look of a Mig 29 that flies well, that would be fine as far as I'm concerned..

Wayne

I have to agree with wfield on this one, I would not be looking to hang my hat on at a foam jet for scale details, let's face it, this is a FOAM jet!! I think a variety of other planes is a good idea as long as they look good, fly good, are dependable and most importantly, affordable!! Lets face it, these HSD jets are giving us a quick, Fun and affordable way to get our jet flying fix. If some of you guys need the scale plane, I would look into Skymaster extreme, Fei Bao, jet legend, etc for the "scale planes" Pacific RC, keep up the good work!!

Just my .02,

Ghostrider 1
Old 12-15-2016, 05:45 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Actually I wish all the turbine brands should have at least 5 humor decal designs to placed on trailer fuel jug radio box just like the guys from extrimjets.just some ideas .
Attached Images    

Last edited by sysiek; 12-15-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:22 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The chest ripper is gross, maybe something a bit sexier, just look at how sports cars market...

TB
Old 12-16-2016, 07:58 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Namsan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_ciFi8V4k HSD jets are awesome for those who will be interested i've just finished the video editing (no flight)
Namsan,

Great job on the video!!! Looking forward to seeing your flight video.

Dirk
Old 12-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Midas D.

Would love to See some field feedback and durability reports on how the jets hold up and....... if they survive grass take off and landings ... especially the F-16 ....
Old 12-16-2016, 10:34 AM
jlmaviation
My Feedback: (54)

Here are some more I would like to see. Single offset pipe F-4, F-18, F-22

Yak 130
F-35
Old 12-16-2016, 11:17 AM
jlmaviation

Here's another one I know I'm getting carried away but with foam we have lots of possibilities.

F3H Demon. Lots of color schemes
Old 12-16-2016, 09:28 PM
flejter1

Originally Posted by jlmaviation
Here's another one I know I'm getting carried away but with foam we have lots of possibilities.

F3H Demon. Lots of color schemes

Thank you for all the idea's. The F3H has very thin inlets and by the time we scale that plane down you will starve the turbine for air. Some of the others have possibilities. We need planes with big intakes, so when it gets scaled down the turbine can still breathe.

Dirk
Old 12-18-2016, 01:30 PM
jlmaviation

No problem. The inlet on the Demon could be achieved by incorporating a NACA style inlet right at the opening. A little out of scale but stand off it could work.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:45 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

How about an A-4 Skyhawk.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:58 AM
flejter1

The container is just a few days out and is scheduled to arrive on Jan 2. As soon as it shows up to the warehouse, we will start shipping the pre ordered sales. My sample wing bags and sunshades arrived last week and in my opinion, the wing bags are about the best quality I have seen in wing bags. The material and construction is exceptional and the sunshade is also made of a very sturdy, yet flexible enough material to fit the plane like a glove. Both of these products will definitely help to keep your plane in great shape. HSD is really trying its best to help us deliver a quality product, with many more in the works. The customers that couldn't wait for the container to show up and had the planes direct shipped are giving me outstanding reports on the quality, fit & finish, easy to assemble and are flying perfect right out of the box. I am told the factory CG is pretty spot on as well. 1 customer has over 25 flights already. He also had versions 1 & 2 and said this V3 Viper is extremely better than the first 2 versions. Another customer sent me a video with multiple touch & go's off a grass runway. For those of you concerned about flying off a grass field, it looks like it is not an issue.

On another note, DO NOT MIX BATTERIES!!! You need to run either 2 LIPO or 2 LIFE batteries for the control board and the appropriate battery for your turbines ECU. Please contact us if you have any questions about the batteries.

Dirk
www.pacificrcjets.com
626-808-6122
Old 12-27-2016, 03:25 PM
TonyBuilder

I still hope to get one of the red vipers... next month if any are left after the frenzy!

TB
Old 12-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

FlyBaby posted a video of his Navy scheme Viper over at Groups. If I didn't have a T-One on order I'd consider one of these for sure....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ne-Super-Viper
Old 12-29-2016, 05:45 PM
wilmot21

I just happened to be in the US for a few days and was able to swing by SpeedWorld AZ. I was last here 5 years ago when SpeedWorld had their last Desert Storm Jet Rally before the field was shut for a couple of years. Now up and running again it was lovely to return to this great flying site.

While I was there I ran into Chris Balling who was about to maiden the new Navy T45 made from foam (available from Kingtech EPO jets) with a Kingtech K60. This PNP jet is made from EPO foam and only needs the receiver, batteries and engine to be fitted and you are ready to fly. Impressed, you have to believe it. In the time I have been doing other things there has been an amazing evolution in the hobby. One could never imagine flying a foam jet a few years ago.

Well, it sure has arrived now, the foam feels very dense and certainly upto the job, the attention to detail was very obvious, all controls fitted, electric retracts, and even a set of lights complete with afterburner. It had the looks of a well loaded scale plane and with a very sensible price tag. Chris explained that it took just a relaxed day in the workshop to have it ready.

So there we were, fuelled up and, oh I forgot to mention, the T45 comes with smoke system fitted as standard as well and ready to go. The Kingtech came to life, final checks completed and we were off. A couple of clicks of trim, a quick blast of smoke and a very happy owner. To finish the flight a couple of circuits were completed to check out the flap trim and the T45 was safely back on the ground.

This aeroplane has got me very interested, the package price is very reasonable and for someone who is busy you can get in the air very quickly. I look forward to seeing it the air again soon.

I have added a picture of Chris with his spotter/wife Carole after the succesful maiden.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	798.8 KB
ID:	2194872  
Old 12-29-2016, 06:20 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think that's the Viper in T-45 color scheme. They canned the T-45 for now. I had to do a double take on the thumbnail myself to be sure.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:44 PM
Bob_B

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
I think that's the Viper in T-45 color scheme. They canned the T-45 for now. I had to do a double take on the thumbnail myself to be sure.
looks good doesnt it?
Old 12-30-2016, 07:44 AM
Chris Balling

Everyone is correct; it's the Navy Viper, but to the casual observer it looks like a T-45. Most importantly; however, to an old retired aviator it performs just like the Goshawk. The K-60 provides an over abundance of power (and the screen on the new GSU provides a WOW factor the first time you light it up). Two clicks of right aileron and one click of down elevator has this machine dialed in. The recommended throw settings for flight surfaces are much more than needed, so be careful on the first flight. Half throttle for six minutes leaves a bit more than half a tank of fuel remaining.
I disconnected the afterburner ring as it's always on, found the factory balance to be spot on, and use about thirty percent in the 3 tiny Kingtec battery capacity per flight. One of the very nice things about this great little ride is that you put it in the car, drive to the field fly it, and have fun. Landings are a dream. By the way, the smoke is "thick and chewy". Lastly, this airplane is all quality.

Last edited by Chris Balling; 12-30-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:08 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Chris, if you had to do it over again, would you stay with the 60 or go with the 45? Seems after the airframe is worn out, the 60 has more potential donor airframes to use with it than the 45. Our altitude, as you can remember is 3500 ft and in the summer, we can see DA of 9,000ft!
Old 12-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Chris Balling

I originally thought that I'd go with the K-45, but ultimately went with the K-60 as I like power, not because I use it, but because it's there if I need it. Density altitude is rarely a concern here in Phoenix as I don't do much flying when we reach our high summer temps. When we head north for high mountain (6-8K) temperatures in Idaho DA is important, thus the power of the 60 becomes very important. Yes, I'd go with the K-60. Two other comments: I laid a small piece of BVM ceramic blanket between the smoke tube and the foam fuselage (even though it has a foil liner) simply as an additional layer of heat protection. The heat can wick from the heat source-thus the exhaust. Next, I marvel at the technology of the new GSU. It's like looking at a digital flat screen and super easy to (touch screen) use. Lastly, if you folks are not using the AutoDens app, try it. It'll make your flying a 'bit more enjoyable

Chris
Safety isn't something; it's everything

Last edited by Chris Balling; 12-30-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:25 AM
ledesma45

Me either!!!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 11:37 AM
garyhyde

Chris

What is the AutoDens app? I have not heard of it before?

Gary
Old 01-04-2017, 11:58 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by garyhyde
Chris

What is the AutoDens app? I have not heard of it before?

Gary
Was wondering same. Rather than type the question I typed it in google.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto...560993349?mt=8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.