Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

SPT5 gearbox front bearing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

SPT5 gearbox front bearing

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 02:02 PM
fifou313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPT5 gearbox front bearing

Hell
I contact you because I would like to change the Front bearing of the gear box of my SPT5.
The cost of this bearing is $20 (6203 type) and if I send the motor to Jetcat for service the cost is around $200...
So i want to change it myself but I would like to know if womeone has already unmount succesfully the final shaft and particulary the propeller plate.
I have try to unmount it after warm it with heat gun nothing... Screw on it? or glue on it?
If someone can help me....
Thanks a lot.
Regards.

Old 12-14-2020, 12:13 PM
Thruster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to remove the gear/cog on the inside, by removing the 4 bolts (be careful as there are also some shims there), remove the festo fitting as well, then heat the whole unit inth oven to around 100deg centigrade. then gentally tap the shaft from the inside until the propshaft is out. there are 2 bearing for the propshaft, so best to replace both - note they are both different.

Getting the bearing back is easy, keep the bearings at room temp, heat up the housing andthe drop them back in. to get the shaft back in heat the whole unit, push the propshaft in (mae sure that is at room temp when inserting. let it all cool, lubricate, put the shims back in the bolt the gear/cog back on again. Refit the Feto again

Hope that helps as it a one peice prop shaft/plate.

One word of warning, be careful removing the front bearing as you can easilly stretch the ali housing making the whole bearing loose! Then its really back to Jetcat as they wont sell that item on its own.

Last edited by Thruster; 12-14-2020 at 12:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tom ling (12-15-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 02:38 PM
fifou313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for the help.
The 2 bearing are on the desk now.
Last thing how do you unmount the fest connection?
Thanks a lot.
Regards

Originally Posted by Thruster
You need to remove the gear/cog on the inside, by removing the 4 bolts (be careful as there are also some shims there), remove the festo fitting as well, then heat the whole unit inth oven to around 100deg centigrade. then gentally tap the shaft from the inside until the propshaft is out. there are 2 bearing for the propshaft, so best to replace both - note they are both different.

Getting the bearing back is easy, keep the bearings at room temp, heat up the housing andthe drop them back in. to get the shaft back in heat the whole unit, push the propshaft in (mae sure that is at room temp when inserting. let it all cool, lubricate, put the shims back in the bolt the gear/cog back on again. Refit the Feto again

Hope that helps as it a one peice prop shaft/plate.

One word of warning, be careful removing the front bearing as you can easilly stretch the ali housing making the whole bearing loose! Then its really back to Jetcat as they wont sell that item on its own.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Used a 3mm hex drive....if it’s 4mm or the appropriate size is different..
Old 12-14-2020, 04:46 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Fantastic to see this kind of help and assistance on the forum. Exactly what the spirit should be.

AWESOME!