Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox MPX 2 Servo Connectors?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox MPX 2 Servo Connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 06:46 AM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Powerbox MPX 2 Servo Connectors?

Does anyone have experience with these? I purchased 4 sets from Dreamworks for my Navy Cat. Got them all cut to length, crimped on servo connectors, tested and they worked just fine. I then installed them in the wings and fuselage wrapping the fuselage sets of 2 connectors (4 sets of wire total) in wire loom. Last night after installing my equipment tray and connecting all the servos and testing, one aileron would not work. I traced it down to one of the male MPX connector assemblies having an open on the signal wire. I used an ohm meter to test the wire, carefully cutting away some insulation about one inch from the connector and there was no continuity between that spot and the pin, while continuity was fine from that spot back to the servo connector at the receiver. These connectors come already soldered, with potted insulation at the connector and a long wire pigtail ready for installation. I never put any mechanical stress on the wires/connectors. Although they're working fine now, I'm a little nervous about the other 3 connectors and haven't decided if I should ditch them or just replace the one failed connector. Anyone's experience/advice would be appreciated.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Sold hundreds of them and never seen or heard of an issue. Very popular here in large gas aerobats and plug in wing jets
I'm sure PB would want to see it if there is a fault.

Dave
Old 10-13-2016, 10:59 AM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Sold hundreds of them and never seen or heard of an issue. Very popular here in large gas aerobats and plug in wing jets
I'm sure PB would want to see it if there is a fault.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I've been in touch with Dreamworks and will be sending them the failed connector for analysis, they can pass to Powerbox if they wish. I was most concerned with the reliability and it sounds like mine was an isolated incident, so I'll get another and re-install. I did really like the foolproof connection of multiple servos and didn't want to give that up so I'm glad to hear that this is generally a very reliable component - as I expected from the Powerbox brand.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Yep, have 100% confidence in the product, they are very common in Europe on everything from Gliders to 400cc gas models.

Dave
Old 10-13-2016, 01:31 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use them on all my jets. Rock solid.

Chatty.