Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy telemetry adapter and Futaba 7003SB's via PB Mercury.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy telemetry adapter and Futaba 7003SB's via PB Mercury.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Xicoy telemetry adapter and Futaba 7003SB's via PB Mercury.

Hi guys,

I have successfully installed two of my other models using the Xicoy Telemetry Adapter, together with my 18MZ and two 7003SBUS receivers connected to a PB unit (one a Competition SRS and the other a Royal SRS). Both models running KingTech turbines.

This time I have done exactly the same install (another KingTech) but into a PB Mercury. I don't believe the PB unit has anything to do with the problem I am having.

The red and green led's on the adapter are both flashing, indicating that the unit is both communicating with the Rx as well as with the ECU - BUT I am not getting anything on the 18MZ telemetry screen.

I have checked the following:

- all the slots on the Xicoy and 18MZ are allocated the same (no duplications or mismatches anywhere)
- the telemetry setting on the18MZ is ACTIVE
- both receivers are showing OK on the PB and are linked correctly on the 18MZ
- the receivers are connected at Port 1 (SBUS by default and checked as correct with the led flashing red once when going into the programming mode)
- the Xicoy has the 3 wire lead connected to the ECU (it is connected via a v-cable to a mini GSU - the latter is working fine. I have also bypassed the v-cable, but the problem remain).
- the two wire lead from the Xicoy unit is plugged into the primary (I have tried the other one) receiver at the SBus2 port with the brown wire towards the centre of the receiver (negative).

Finally, I have tried another Xicoy unit and still have the same problem - nothing on the 18MZ.

What have I not done this time, that I obviously had done on the previous two installations?

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Jan
Old 10-19-2016, 02:04 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The adapters are supplied to use with Jeti by default. Have you changed the setting in the adapter to Futaba?
Old 10-19-2016, 04:56 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes I have done that, it is the first setting one does when you programme the unit.

Eventually I have now managed to get it working. After checking absolutely everything, even resetting all the telemetry data and redoing all the slots and sensors again - still not having anything on the 18MZ, I decided to rebind the two 7003's. At first I had trouble getting both to bind, it kept going to only one of them. Then eventually, it bound to both. I was concerned about the binding issue and redid that again. The very first attempt was successful - and what do you know - now the telemetry was also displaying on the 18MZ.

All that I can think, is that I had somehow a bad bind (even with the PB showing both receivers as OK). Now all is well and I am keen to get the pump factor fine tuned.

Cheers,

Jan

Last edited by Springbok Flyer; 10-20-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:36 PM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That has been a fixit for me on occasion. When you change the telemetry/device settings and it doesn't work, a rebind of the Rx seems to bring it all to life.