Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Not political, an economic question re: our hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Not political, an economic question re: our hobby

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevekott
Has that train already left the station?
... ... ... ... ...
As far as our toy jets go, there is a lot of work to building them and kind of a limited demand. But the material costs are really low. If a clever entrepreneur could figure out how to pull the labor hours out of building a jet and his local government would be encouraging rather than killing him with regulations on painting and fiberglassing you might someday see a USA comeback.

Just my 2 cents
Interesting observations! Thanks for taking the time to post so many thoughts and personal experiences.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:59 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Honestly the problem with state side hobby businesses in my opinion has more to do with how high cost of living has gotten. All the crap you pay for now that you didn't just 20 years ago is adding to this. When I first started you didn't have a 200.00 phone bill, didn't have a 200.00 cable/internet bill. Insurance was cheaper medical was somewhat cheaper in the fact that most people only went to the doctor when they really needed too. Small business cannot make enough in the hobby now let alone just the jet market. I have held off on ordering anything from skymaster due to higher shipping cost now and if the container shipping goes away I will probably stop buying jets and just fly what I have till I crash them or they fall apart.