Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Considering a Jeti DC/DS-24. Powerbox SRS compatible?

RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Considering a Jeti DC/DS-24. Powerbox SRS compatible?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:07 AM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by marksp View Post
After physically connecting and setting up Rx, the following PowerBox data can be displayed on DS-24:
- 2x Battery voltage
- 2x Battery capacity
- Lost frames/ Fades / Holds
- GPS 3D speed
- GPS height
- GPS distance
- GPS trip
- GPS coordinates
Are you sure you get used battery capacity? I know PB is missing Amp or mah used.
The max 16 channels and not having Device Explorer makes the system slightly clunky.
I can assign channels, setup my failsafes, assign my telemetry directly using transmitter, with PB none of this is possible.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 03-18-2018, 03:07 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by ZB View Post
Are you sure you get used battery capacity? I know PB is missing Amp or mah used.
The max 16 channels and not having Device Explorer makes the system slightly clunky.
I can assign channels, setup my failsafes, assign my telemetry directly using transmitter, with PB none of this is possible.

Zb/Jeti USA
To be more specific with regards to battery, on the PowerBox side you setup up battery chemistry and capacity. After which, the Powerbox both displays and transmits (telemetry) the current battery capacity. So it does not show 'used', but does show how much capacity is remaining, which for me is actually more useful. [Do I have enough capacity for another flight?]

The "assignment" of PowerBox telemetry attributes mentioned above is exactly the same as Jeti native telemetry. On the DS-24, select 'Timers/Sensors', 'Displayed Telemetry', there you will see PowerBox supported list - done. Of course, this is after physically connecting the PowerBox TELE port to the ext port on Rx2 via a male:male servo exstension.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just bought a DS24 and I would like to use it with the Powerbox Mercury units I already have installed in my jets or with the CBM200 power distribution from Jeti. Can someone confirm what Jeti receivers I should buy for the satelites? I'm not sure if I should buy the R3/RSW or something else. Thanks for the help. -Tom
Old 11-12-2018, 08:53 AM
marksp

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Assuming Mercury setup same as Royal, I’m using (2) Jeti Duplex EX R3 REX receivers connected to Rx1 & Rx2 ports, with one also connected to ‘TELE’ port for telemetry. I decided using (2) 2.4GHz was better that (1) 2.4GHz and (1) 900MHz.

Cheers
Old 11-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Blancr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Assuming Mercury setup same as Royal, I’m using (2) Jeti Duplex EX R3 REX receivers connected to Rx1 & Rx2 ports, with one also connected to ‘TELE’ port for telemetry. I decided using (2) 2.4GHz was better that (1) 2.4GHz and (1) 900MHz.

Cheers
+1
Go here for full set up info: - Schematic, Royal SRS+Jeti - Royal SRS / Champion SRS - PowerBox-Systems | Support-Forum
Software for Jeti must be 3.24 and use UDI
Bob
Old 12-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cheers
I've got two R3/RSW receivers connected to a PB Mecury SRS, I can see the telemetry data from both the receivers and the Mercury, but I cannot get any servos to respond? I tried changing the Servo Inputs on the Mecury but still no luck, any ideas? Thanks for the help, Tom
Old 12-04-2018, 10:03 AM
ZB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I've got two R3/RSW receivers connected to a PB Mecury SRS, I can see the telemetry data from both the receivers and the Mercury, but I cannot get any servos to respond? I tried changing the Servo Inputs on the Mecury but still no luck, any ideas? Thanks for the help, Tom
You need to switch both RXs to UDI 12 or UDI 16, the R3 receivers need different firmware for UDI 16

Zb/Jeti USA

UPDATE 3.24
Download Firmware UDI 16 R3/RSW-18US 3.24 (June, 2015)

Jeti Firmware Updates
Old 12-04-2018, 11:43 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (37)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If that also doesn't help, you have to run the setup assistant of the Mercury first and complete all steps. Otherwise there will be NO OUTPUT to the servos
Old 12-04-2018, 08:06 PM
marksp

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If I recall, here are the steps i followed:

1. Update Rx’s using Jeti Studio
2. Bind and configure Rx’s for UDI protocol using Device Manager
3. Configure Powerbox with PB display
4. Connect Rx’s to Powerbox

specific settings, versions and connections in this thread
Old 12-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by bluelevel View Post
If that also doesn't help, you have to run the setup assistant of the Mercury first and complete all steps. Otherwise there will be NO OUTPUT to the servos
Running the Setup Assistant did the trick, thanks!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
Running the Setup Assistant did the trick, thanks!
Update: After some testing I found that the R3 receivers will work with a Powerbox Mercury SRS on the current receiver firmware, however you will be limited to 12 channels. If you need more than 12 channels (as I do) then you will need to reflash your R3 receivers to version 3.24UDI16, once I reflashed the R3s I was able to access 16 channels on my Mercury SRS.