Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CGRC 1/9 Scale A-10 **** BUILD THREAD ****

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CGRC 1/9 Scale A-10 **** BUILD THREAD ****

Old 11-21-2016, 08:09 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CGRC 1/9 Scale A-10 **** BUILD THREAD ****

Howdy all,
Going to do a build thread on the CGRC A-10 kit.
I have the kit in hand and the quality is outstanding. I personally have built BVM, JMP, Mibo, Etc and this one is right up there with mold quality, detail, fit, finish, etc. I cant say enough praise for the kit quality!
I will post pics soon of the kit contents.
Please be patient, as i am working a TON lately and do not have much hobby time..... but i will post as i go.
I am still waiting on a few bits and pieces for the kit, such as the gun, wing root fences, slats, etc. Also Chris is making a run of super scale gear which i will obviously be getting a set.
I am undecided on power plants but leaning heavily on twin EDF rather than smallish turbines.
Radio will of course be JR DMSS, using XBUS and the Axis gyro.
Already have the decal set and paint masks from Taylor Made for the bird... I have built 2 Mibo A-10's and going to do this one in the same scheme 'Killer Chick'

Join in for the ride! may be slightly longer than normal due to work, but ill get there.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

What happened?
Old 07-06-2017, 05:48 AM
kirkj

Work got in the way. Hoping to get going soon.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:51 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Excellent! Saw the kit's design thread get bumped and had to ask.

Unrelated, where do you fly? My in-laws live in Tomball and whenever we're there I want to come visit some clubs, but when I've tried going to the one club I found (SPARKSRC) it was empty, and not jet friendly at all.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:48 AM
kirkj

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Excellent! Saw the kit's design thread get bumped and had to ask.

Unrelated, where do you fly? My in-laws live in Tomball and whenever we're there I want to come visit some clubs, but when I've tried going to the one club I found (SPARKSRC) it was empty, and not jet friendly at all.
The best jet fields in the area are Bomber Field out in Monaville and Scobee Field in west Houston.