Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What's coming in 2017??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What's coming in 2017??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 04:03 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember that no matter what the trend is, it always goes back in the other direction eventually. The big jets will run their course and then the market will migrate back to the smaller jets. I believe we're already seeing the start of it with the foam jets.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SECRET AGENT
Just remember that no matter what the trend is, it always goes back in the other direction eventually. The big jets will run their course and then the market will migrate back to the smaller jets. I believe we're already seeing the start of it with the foam jets.
What I keep hearing from manufactures is it cost about the same money to produce a 1/8 scale plane as it does for a 1/6 scale plane. The profit margin is much higher on the bigger planes. The only way things will shift back is if people dont buy the bigger planes anymore then supply and demand take over. I love the bigger planes my self and dont want to go back to the smaller stuff. Bigger planes have lighter wing loading,fly better and fly more scale like.

Last edited by gunradd; 01-20-2017 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree.. The larger jets fly so much better and you can get more details on them without the heavy wing load increase. Remember, the small and mid size jets are not going anywhere. The factories will still produce them. There is still a huge selection of models out there in the small/mid size range. Now we will have the best of both worlds.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:50 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree, the best of both worlds. Now, if I just can hit the lottery to afford everything that keeps going on my list of "gotta haves," (Aviation Jets SU-35)everything would be even better. Seriously in need of an intervention.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:17 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With Trump in the seat, you will only be able to buy BVM, JMP Jethanger, ect..... no imports from china any more :-)
Old 01-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Mikey5547

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SJN
With Trump in the seat, you will only be able to buy BVM, JMP Jethanger, ect..... no imports from china any more :-)
Pretty sure jet legend bought bvm plus their PNP kits are made in China
Old 01-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SJN, Sorry but that's a completely wrong statement to make. We will still be able to get all the great kits from all over the world. We may have to pay a higher tax/tariff to get them but they will not block us from being able to get them.

We will complain like mad about it but in the end will still have our jets..lol
Old 01-20-2017, 01:40 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SJN

Please, no politics.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:57 PM
islander208

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey5547
Really cool colour scheme! That will be spectacular to see flying with its 3D capabilities. Is there any vids of it?
Here is a short video of the Eurofighter Typhoon at the Russellville-Logan Co. Airport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni5yTqN0DOQ
Old 01-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SJN
WRONG!
If you believe this you have not been paying attention. Need to listen to his words, not the chicken little's in media trying to make you think the sky is falling because they want to delegitimize him.

What an IRRESPONSIBLE POST.

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 01-20-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:18 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
WRONG!
If you believe this you have not been paying attention. Need to listen to his words, not the chicken little's in media trying to make you think the sky is falling because they want to delegitimize him.

What an IRRESPONSIBLE POST.

Stop, please. I come to this board to talk/ read about models, not politics.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:48 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's that scheme being professionally applied by a great painter... Dan Davidson - Blackbird Finishes

Last edited by Hinckley Bill; 01-20-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by luge_racer
Stop, please. I come to this board to talk/ read about models, not politics.
I do too, but an irresponsible comment made based solely on false assumptions and false narrative propaganda had to be replied too.

But I am done.

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 01-20-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally love the bigger jets myself, and I don't see the big or small jets ever going away. I was just making the observation that with the plug-and-play jets like the little foam ones that can go from box to runway in a day, it's possible that as more and more "kit bashers" dissapear in this world of instant gratification those types of jets will become the standard. For roughly the price of the turbine it takes to fly a big jet, a fella can get a complete ready to fly jet that even has a gyro to make it fly as smooth as the big jets do. And a 5 gallon can of fuel lasts him a whole lot longer.

But I still like the big ones because they have that wow factor, I can see them better with my older eyes, and I can get my big meat hook hands inside to work on them, HA!