Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy vs JetTronics

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy vs JetTronics

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 01:49 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Xicoy vs JetTronics

Delimma time... In the dual action valves offered by both, what is the opinion of the masses of how the compare... Reliabilty, function, ect... I have used both on occasions and I haven't had problems with either to speak of. Other than being about $55-$60 bucks difference in price, is on better than the other... Thoughts ??...

Dan M.

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 01-07-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:00 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I have used both and after using the Jettronics you can't compare the two. The throttle function and just overall reliability of the Jettronics justifies the higher price. Granted it pains me to say that since I hate how much they cost but they are better valves in my opnion.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:26 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Xicoy makes some really cool stuff, it just seems that they would have to work fine if they are selling them... I know guy's that use them and have never had problems.. Am I just missing something here that is a basic difference between the two ?? Does the Xicoy use more air, harder to program, noisier than the other, fittings leak ?? What is it ???

Dan

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 01-07-2017 at 08:31 AM. Reason: add
Old 01-07-2017, 11:52 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the xicoy but the JT valve crapped out on my becouse I used 7.4v bats. Wish they made them to handle the HV. I switched to the UP6 valve.

TB
Old 01-07-2017, 05:20 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Xicoy don't have the options for programming and I have had issues with some of mine when you put more than 100 psi. Not saying they will not work just giving my opinion like you asked based my experience with the two.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:00 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have several of both brands and they both work fine up to 120psi, the only failure was a jt unit, now I only buy xicoy as they are quite a bit cheaper.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:38 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

I just had to send back a new Xicoy dual action valve (I posted detailed video of my issue), but once replaced, the new valve just dropped in & worked. I'll probably use jettronics from here on in, I've never had a problem with those.. & they're prettier.
Jay