Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on the skymaster /xtreme or FB Rafale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Thoughts on the skymaster /xtreme or FB Rafale

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:38 AM
cd5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on the skymaster /xtreme or FB Rafale

Hi All
The Rafale seems to be a jet we dont hear much about.

Im looking to get a scale jet, and a lot of people tell me that a 1/6 scale f16 would be the go as it flies and lands like a *****cat compared to some of the other jets out there. ie f18 being a handful , hawks tipstalling and so on.

Ive been told the f16 flies like a Delta

So i was thinking the Rafale might be a good option being a Delta .

Can anyone with experience with the FB or Skymaster Raf let me know what you think of its manners etc. I just dont seem to hear much about them

My feild is well manicured grass and of decent length.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 06:33 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cd5
Hi All
The Rafale seems to be a jet we dont hear much about.

Im looking to get a scale jet, and a lot of people tell me that a 1/6 scale f16 would be the go as it flies and lands like a *****cat compared to some of the other jets out there. ie f18 being a handful , hawks tipstalling and so on.

Ive been told the f16 flies like a Delta

So i was thinking the Rafale might be a good option being a Delta .

Can anyone with experience with the FB or Skymaster Raf let me know what you think of its manners etc. I just dont seem to hear much about them

My feild is well manicured grass and of decent length.

Thanks

Avation jets has a new Rafale thats a good size and looks to be built well. We will be showing one at Flroida jets in March. Here is a link
https://www.pacificrcjet.com/collect...nt=32333400140

Now for other airframes. Hawks are very easy to fly and are a crutch in scale competition. Thats why when you go to top gun all you see is big hawks everywhere. They fly like a sportjet but are scale so not sure who told you about tip stalls. Yes they can tip stall but you deserve it if you do lol.

Your F16s F15s and F22s are very easy to fly and yes wont ever tip stall and drop like a pancake so you use throttle not elevator for approach.

My experience with FB in general is they are great airplanes but the landing gear sucks.
Skymaster planes seem to be heavier but are more scale and have good landing gear in general. Not sure on this particular airframe though.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:03 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chris,

Notice that a SU 35 is soon to be released. Any chance that they make the the SU37?
Old 01-10-2017, 07:05 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by David Jackson
Hey Chris,

Notice that a SU 35 is soon to be released. Any chance that they make the the SU37?
No clue David. When they get the SU35 done we will see. They do seem to work very fast.The SU35 is a giant plane at 134 inches long. It will take 2 people to do anything on that monster.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:16 AM
David Jackson

Is Aviation Jets a new company, or is it the same as Aviation Designs? Also, any pictures of the Rafale completely assembled and on its wheels? Flight video would also be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:19 AM
gunradd

Is Aviation Jets a new company, or is it the same as Aviation Designs? Also, any pictures of the Rafale completely assembled and on its wheels? Flight video would also be greatly appreciated.
New company not part of aviation design. I dont have one to show you but Franco has one hes building now to demo. We will have it at FLjets to show and pretty sure it has thrust vectoring installed also.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the SM Xtreme version. Great airplane, it became my everyday jet. Was actually my son's jet until he sold it to me. Had to replace the pipe after it had around 200 flights on it. I flew it with the wingtip missiles and added a white centerline tank to improve visibility. I also used the canards full time.

Would love to have another one.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the tamjets/Fei Bao one. Great flier. Love the landing approach.

Last edited by Edgar Perez; 01-10-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 AM
David Jackson

Is there a web page for Aviation Jets? Would like more info and pictures about models being offered.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:17 AM
gunradd

Is there a web page for Aviation Jets? Would like more info and pictures about models being offered.

Only thing I know is their Facebook page and then Pacificrcjets.com web page for info. The Rafale should be ready by FLjets Franco already has it. The sparrow and SU35 not sure when they will be ready. I will keep you in mind David when I get more info.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:32 AM
David Jackson

Chris,

What little info that is available shows the 3d version of the Rafale. Just wondering if a scale version will also be offered with a bifurcated pipe?
Old 01-11-2017, 03:52 PM
cd5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotta say that the av jets rafale looks awesome....Still like to hear peoples opinions on current rafs available to though.