Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:22 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap....I even bought the jacket.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:32 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Well, at this point there has still not been an official announcement, horizon will still service them, so I'm not getting worked up about it at this time. I still love my JR equipment, and I will continue to use it for a long time. I would hate to see them disappear but I guess it will be what it will be. Sucks if it happens to leave so many people in the lurch but it's happened with many other products as well and will happen with many more in the future I'm sure. Until I actually see something from JR though, I'm not listening to the rumor mill, I won't buy a brand new radio at this point, but I am not going to get overly concerned about the rumor either.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:38 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, a JR user also since the early 80's. Started with Circus Circus in Vegas.
I still use my JR 10 on 72 on some of my older scale planes. Best Radio ever made.

Tried a high end Futaba for a couple years till I got tired of programing it.
Flying a DX-18 and find it is about as close to my JR-10 as I can get with simple programing.
Sad to see JR go as their servos were good too.
The few times I needed a repair they were top notch.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hopefully should have some new info shortly.. I'll update what I can when I can.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MX240
Yes, a JR user also since the early 80's. Started with Circus Circus in Vegas.
I still use my JR 10 on 72 on some of my older scale planes. Best Radio ever made.

Tried a high end Futaba for a couple years till I got tired of programing it.
Flying a DX-18 and find it is about as close to my JR-10 as I can get with simple programing.
Sad to see JR go as their servos were good too.
The few times I needed a repair they were top notch.
I've never used a JR 10X, but I still have a pair of 12X's... lol

When they started getting long in the tooth with no apparent newer substitute coming from JR at the time, I went to the Spektrum DX18. While it's a very capable radio, it was a real let down in how it felt in my hands and the size of the thing made it difficutt for some slightly arthritic short fingers to make things work. I just flat could not get to the switches without inadvertent movement of one of the sticks.

So I went to an 18MZ since it was a bit smaller and I have a friend who's a wizard at programming the radio. It's a really nice radio with probably the best "feel" gimbals of any radio I've tried but it still didn't really feel comfortable in my hands.

When the 18SZ came out in a smaller case with about 95% of the capabilities of the MZ, I got one of those and that is a very impressive radio. Same gimbals as the MZ and it fits my hands really well and was in fact, the closest thing I'd found to the JR 12X and I've been using it most of the time now. If I have a gripe about that radio, it's that the switch spacing/locations are not as good.

I got to play with a DX20 at Joe Nall and since I still have a bunch of JR/Spektrum stuff, that was enough. That radio also feels very similar to the JR 12X and the switch spacing/locations are better than the 18SZ IMHO.

So what's the point? If you like your 10X and are currently using a DX18, I suggest you go check out the new DX20.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That's the best advice for ANY radio purchase actually. Go find one you're interested in and see how it feels in your hands. I can tell you ad nauseum how much I like my 28X, but it doesn't matter how it feels to ME.. it matters how it feels to you, and how comfortable you are with the programming.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:26 PM
spike5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
Hopefully should have some new info shortly.. I'll update what I can when I can.
Thanks Doug. I hope things work out. I love my 28X, AXIS gyros and xbus gear. I know the 28X will the the last radio I need, but if Rx's run dry, then eventually I will run out and it will be irrelevant.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:25 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

While searching for new servos (8711's are no longer available), the suggested replacement NX series 8931 servo appears to be out of stock/backordered everywhere until April or May of this year?
I am assuming that the delay is simply due to moving the production line?
Old 02-21-2017, 12:15 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
While searching for new servos (8711's are no longer available), the suggested replacement NX series 8931 servo appears to be out of stock/backordered everywhere until April or May of this year?
I am assuming that the delay is simply due to moving the production line?
Many of us think this is due to the opinion(fact?) that JR is

D.E.D. Dead.

This is very sad indeed.

My advise to you is to look elsewhere from now on.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:33 PM
ash 26

Not a JR user but I must say I find it strange that a company you might think is gone is one of the main sponsors EXFC 2017 if they where gone I am sure they would not be sponsoring such a event I honestly think its all a lot of speculation no hard facts

cheers

Andy
Old 02-21-2017, 01:58 PM
ravill

Trust me, NONE of us want JR gone. They have been such industry leaders in so many ways for so long, it would be a travesty.

Explain, the outright letter by JR saying "no more innovation in RC for the foreseeable future", the VERY soft support for the 28x, not a single servo to be had ANYWHERE.

Frankly, the writing is on the wall, and we are all very sad about it.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:05 PM
obiwan12
My Feedback: (9)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Futaba WINS the radio wars. From now on everything will be called Futaba and all your Futaba are belong to us!
Old 02-21-2017, 02:57 PM
ash 26

Dont forget Jeti DC 24 and soon DS 24 and Multiplex new Profi TX getting stronger by the Day
Old 02-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Rumor has it my JR equipment is still working - think I will stay with it ....
No big deal for me. I'm just a consumer. Last time I looked my JR gear was working fine.
If it stops working and JR gear is not available it will be replaced with something else, some will be better, some will be worse.

It's not like I'm a JR shareholder or something.

Life goes on.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:26 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Many of us think this is due to the opinion(fact?) that JR is

D.E.D. Dead.

This is very sad indeed.

My advise to you is to look elsewhere from now on.
I have no idea if JR is in fact defunct, just radios, just servos or none of the above.
It seems likely that the servos are all out of stock simply due to moving production from Japan to Malaysia (or wherever they are moving the production to)
If they are in fact gone, that's too bad. Their servos were, for some, the gold standard.

If April/May comes and there are no JR servos available, hopefully the new Ditex/Hacker/Jeti servos will be in full supply along with updated firmware for full Jeti EX integration.
Early reports of the Hacker version (no Jeti telemetry integration) using just the download software program are very encouraging in terms of accuracy and performance.

In the meantime, nothing to do but keep looking for updates and waiting.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:54 PM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure like my JR XP 7202. But "Time marches on" Or is it "Time Flys" ?
Old 02-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by obiwan12
Futaba WINS the radio wars. From now on everything will be called Futaba and all your Futaba are belong to us!
Futaba lost when Great Planes started with them... and I started seeing "Made in China" on servos. But, they did change before they failed like Airtronics, Sanawa, Polk, an so on.

Originally Posted by ash 26
Dont forget Jeti DC 24 and soon DS 24 and Multiplex new Profi TX getting stronger by the Day
Yep... they are gaining market share. But don't forget the very capable DS14 for less than most other 14ch radios. AND... Jeti Rx's seem to be less $$$ than other brands.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:21 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Futaba, 74'-85', Jr 85' to 04', back to FASST 04' to 15', GRAUPNER 2015 to present, Graupner IMHO is hitting on all cylinders.

High end aluminum quad bearing gimbals, integrated flight control and telemetry rx, voice alert telemetry, bluetooth headsets, SUMD, SUMDO, Radio programable rx interface,Telemetry displays on radio face, aux display and tablet apps. servos, ARF models. I did sell off my JR 12X. since the Mz24 Graupner has same feel and appeal, I'll keep my 12Z though.

I think Graupner has made it thru the swamp first and on the other side ahead of others and hitting it hard.

Jeti would have been my second choice.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:37 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomerang1
No big deal for me. I'm just a consumer. Last time I looked my JR gear was working fine.
If it stops working and JR gear is not available it will be replaced with something else, some will be better, some will be worse.

Life goes on.
Processing information in an utterly rational way like this is clearly not for forums. Forums are for people winding themselves in to a an entirely futile panic
I'm with you though. Already have all the gear for my next project. My current set ups are all working and if it turns out I can't get what I need further down the line I can slowly migrate to something different as the situation dictates.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:04 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp0Bt2cbcc8

here are two guys arguing. one is telling the other that jr closed. the goat doesnt believe it. i hope they are not closed too. its all i use. time will tell. barry
Old 02-22-2017, 05:50 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomerang1

Life goes on.
Exxxactly mate -
If I ever get around to replacing my current gear I think I would lean toward the jetti stuff .....
Old 02-22-2017, 07:21 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Made in China. Made in Japan. Made in Germany. 20% tax in the future.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:24 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by obiwan12
I take it you never heard of Turnigy or FlySky. Cheap stuff still is used by people pinching pennies because of libtard policies.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM
ravill

Gawd, wouldn't it be great if JR was just ignoring all of us RC folk because they are moving.

That would be the best case scenario.

That said, JR has had incredible customer service in the past and to see that waiver in lieu of everything else, just does not bode well.

Hopefully, it's all just JR really, really concentrating on moving?
Old 02-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill

That said, JR has had incredible customer service in the past and to see that waiver in lieu of everything else, just does not bode well.
I dare say that is Horizon's doing for us here in the USA, not JR....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.