Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Old 02-22-2017, 01:03 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

In regards to software, what will happen to their web site and software updates? I have a JR 28X with version 5 software installed. Is version 6 OK to use? I plan to download it soon and install it.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:11 PM
spike5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horizon site now showing mid April for Rx and servo availability. Just backordered 4 xbus Rx's.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:14 PM
spike5150

Originally Posted by Airforce7
In regards to software, what will happen to their web site and software updates? I have a JR 28X with version 5 software installed. Is version 6 OK to use? I plan to download it soon and install it.
I have been using version 6 with no issues. The update will wipe out your widget setup on your main screens, though. So you just have to redo those. Be sure to backup all your models as they get wiped as well with this update.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:12 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Gives me some confidence to update to version 6 as I'm working on getting a new jet ready to fly this year.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

More servos have come in.. Receivers are expected soon as well, but no exact ETA. As soon as I know more and can say more I will.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:44 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will you guys knock it off. that's how and why companies die to begin with... rumors. JR is not dead nor is it dying . it's called restructuring . the japan plant close and everything was combined in Malaysia. i have called them a few times this month and they have answered the phone not like before when i would get voice mail all the time. so hold onto your JR stuff they aren't dead. i know they have discontinued a lot of stuff that wasn't big sellers . Just hold on ,relax and have fun the sky isn't falling. my 2 cents WB_1
Old 02-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
Will you guys knock it off. that's how and why companies die to begin with... rumors. JR is not dead nor is it dying . it's called restructuring .
Agreed. The problem is, the 'restructuring' was due to be done last September. It's now 6 months down the line, and there's been not a single squeak of communication from JR, no updates, no press releases, nothing.

If rumours fill the void and it damages JR, then they only have themselves to blame...
Old 02-23-2017, 11:12 AM
spike5150

Will you guys knock it off. that's how and why companies die to begin with... rumors. JR is not dead nor is it dying .
Uhh, I was posting positive INFORMATION - something that has been lacking from JR. I just backordered $350 worth of Rx's. Something I would not do if I didn't believe I would get them.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:09 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Will you guys knock it off. that's how and why companies die to begin with... rumors. JR is not dead nor is it dying . it's called restructuring . the japan plant close and everything was combined in Malaysia. i have called them a few times this month and they have answered the phone not like before when i would get voice mail all the time. so hold onto your JR stuff they aren't dead. i know they have discontinued a lot of stuff that wasn't big sellers . Just hold on ,relax and have fun the sky isn't falling. my 2 cents WB_1
Its called the interwebs man. We all have our opinions out here.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:25 PM
COL J

Does anyone know if JR Americas ever finished their review and testing of V6 and have released it?
Old 02-23-2017, 02:48 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
More servos have come in.. Receivers are expected soon as well, but no exact ETA. As soon as I know more and can say more I will.
Where have the servos arrived? Are the new NX servos in this shipment?
JRAmericas? Will there be sufficient quantity for dealers with customer orders?
Old 02-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

There are some NX8921 servos in the latest shipment.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:09 PM
ltc

Thank you very much.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:15 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will you guys knock it off. that's how and why companies die to begin with... rumors. JR is not dead nor is it dying . it's called restructuring .
How do you know, are you on the board? Most companies don't forewarn their customers that they are going under. Weatronics was selling transmitters the day before they folded. The US dealer found out they were gone by reading here as they'd been stringing him along.

You'd have to live under a rock to not see that JR are in trouble. You are hard pressed to find anyone using JR anymore at most clubs. If you see one, it's usually an old Spektrum equiped one. Even the servo market that they used to own has become inundated with other top brands.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:12 PM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by spike5150
Uhh, I was posting positive INFORMATION - something that has been lacking from JR. I just backordered $350 worth of Rx's. Something I would not do if I didn't believe I would get them.
no.. i get it, just getting old.. hearing about JR going down . i have a 28x and i hope that isn't the case . i was referring to " The sky is falling" syndrome . i've been hearing it over and over . didn't mean to come off aggressive. i guess reading comments and actually not understanding the mood in which they were typed can lead someone to think i was yelling. ...that wasn't the case. i'm a huge JR fan but it's no secret that there's no love lost between JR and myself ,but that's not the hardware's fault . i was pretty critical of them not have proper tech support on such a new radio that was like nothing that was ever produced before. so let's keep or fingers crossed and your right ,they should be more informative, sorry for the misunderstanding ,WB_1
Old 03-10-2017, 07:49 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

almost four month whit a lot of NX 8931 Servos on back order and the last I heard from JRAmericas last week was...

Hello,

Still no updated arrival time for these servos. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you,

Chris Sheppard
Sales Manager
JR Americas.com

Unbelievable, how can they don't know, don't they have direct contact with the factory???

Old 03-10-2017, 08:01 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard to get something from somewhere that doesn't exist.... Just say'in....

D
Old 03-10-2017, 08:03 AM
ltc

Originally Posted by skymaster68
almost four month whit a lot of NX 8931 Servos on back order and the last I heard from JRAmericas last week was...

Hello,

Still no updated arrival time for these servos. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you,

Chris Sheppard
Sales Manager
JR Americas.com

Unbelievable, how can they don't know, don't they have direct contact with the factory???

If they are in the process of moving/setting up a brand new manufacturing line in Malaysia, they may be having issues/delays with production test fixtures, supply and maybe even final test quality. Only they know.

Rather than keep waiting, I just ordered 8 new Ditex 2612S servos from Hacker USA. Shipped same day.
Direct USB programming of the servo via a very nice graphical software manager interface program (no need for radio like JR NX series), very extensive set of features and good performance numbers. They will also have a firmware update to allow for realtime telemetry for Jeti radio users.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:05 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Warbird, If what you say is true, what kind of quality do you think there will be from Malaysia vs. Japan ?... They can't even keep up with a Boeing 777.....

D

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 03-10-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:17 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember that jr has a production facility in Malaysia. Some of there products have been being made there sense the 72 mghz days. It seems to me they are just expanding the already existing production there.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:36 AM
warbird_1

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok

Warbird, If what you say is true, what kind of quality do you think there will be from Malaysia vs. Japan ?... They can't even keep up with a Boeing 777.....

D
JR has been building quality products for many years in Maylaysia . they are just putting everything under one roof.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If they are in the process of moving/setting up a brand new manufacturing line in Malaysia, they may be having issues/delays with production test fixtures, supply and maybe even final test quality. Only they know.

Rather than keep waiting, I just ordered 8 new Ditex 2612S servos from Hacker USA. Shipped same day.
Direct USB programming of the servo via a very nice graphical software manager interface program (no need for radio like JR NX series), very extensive set of features and good performance numbers. They will also have a firmware update to allow for realtime telemetry for Jeti radio users.
I hope those servos work out for you but if you ever need service on anything, Hacker USA isn't the place you'll get it. The guy who got the Hacker import/distributor rights after Aero-Model quit the business, just doesn't seem to give a crap about fixing anything.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:43 PM
ltc

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I hope those servos work out for you but if you ever need service on anything, Hacker USA isn't the place you'll get it. The guy who got the Hacker import/distributor rights after Aero-Model quit the business, just doesn't seem to give a crap about fixing anything.
That is rather surprising since he was very easy to deal with via both phone and email. Servos were shipped maybe 10 minutes after we spoke and he has spare gear sets.
So I would be surprised if that changed after the sale, but I guess I am a bit naive. Thank you for the warning.
There are a couple others who have purchase and tested them; they are extremely happy with the results to date. It is a very well designed servo.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:35 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I noticed JR America's is not on the exhibitor list for the Weak Signals Toledo show this year. Other years, they've had a big booth with lots of red shirts on the floor.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:07 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I spoke with an apparent JR america's dealer, and he said that the reason for delays is the moving to malaysia.

The JR dealer is also the same guy who told me that FEJ is wildly successful every where else other than RCU. So, who knows.

Like is true for all of us, the proof is in the pudding!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.