Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:40 AM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive my ignorance, but it seems for a few of us (or just this guy) - introductions may be in order?

MattyMatt -you're a rep for JR Americas, yes? Maybe tell us more about you, etc. I think it would help bolster some jet flyers faith with interaction from a JR Rep on this forum; I sure have seen a lot of guys using JR and loving them only to begrudgingly move to another brand because of the impression JR might be "done" or their radios couldn't do this or that, when maybe it could?
Old 12-01-2017, 05:44 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckC
Forgive my ignorance, but it seems for a few of us (or just this guy) - introductions may be in order?

MattyMatt -you're a rep for JR Americas, yes? Maybe tell us more about you, etc. I think it would help bolster some jet flyers faith with interaction from a JR Rep on this forum; I sure have seen a lot of guys using JR and loving them only to begrudgingly move to another brand because of the impression JR might be "done" or their radios couldn't do this or that, when maybe it could?
+1......my thoughts exactly.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:18 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Some of you don't understand : this is an INFO thread about the JR radios we use, its not a battle of brands . And Im glad if a JR rep. can give some new development(s) .
( all brands are good BTW )
Old 12-01-2017, 07:42 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
Some of you don't understand : this is an INFO thread about the JR radios we use, its not a battle of brands . And Im glad if a JR rep. can give some new development(s) .
( all brands are good BTW )
+1 well said.
Matt is the head of team JR and a wealth of knowledge and explains it well. He is very good at keeping on track. Having his input here, on this thread, will be great.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:44 AM
MattyMatt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am the team manager for Team JR, over North and South America. We have about 140 team pilots throughout the region.

I’m 42 years old, and was born into the hobby as my dad started flying before I was around. I started flying when I was 5, started competing in Pattern at 7-8, IMAC at 12.

Been flying JR since 1983. I’ve had a lot of different radio manufactures systems over the years. Been with Team JR since 2009.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:03 AM
newshoundaussie

Originally Posted by kirkj
+1 well said.
Matt is the head of team JR and a wealth of knowledge and explains it well. He is very good at keeping on track. Having his input here, on this thread, will be great.
Well said also.
​​​​​​​
Old 12-01-2017, 10:25 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyMatt
Im sorry you feel that way.... but I love the 28x. It's way beyond the 12x.... actually, from a programming perspective, even the XG11 is way beyond the 12x. I loved that radio too...

We have Telemetry built into every receiver we make. I always see the Rx voltage, and have alarms set for low voltage. I also run a voltage sensor on my ECU pack or Ignition packs for my gassers. I run RPM, cylinder head temp, and altimeter on my IMAC plane, and RPM and cylinder head temp on my Challenger II. It data logs everything, I have temp alarms set, and can see the data live or I have them on a button where the nice lady tells me the RPM and Temp.

On my Tomahawk Futura 2.5 jet, I see the RX Voltage, ECU voltage, turbine RPM, Temp, status code, and will have the fuel consumption... with the VSpeak, I can see the pump voltage as well. I'm running the Axis Gyro where in all the flightmodes where the gyro is on, my trimer switches become my gains and I can adjust Aileron, Elevator, and rudder gains separately and indepantly in every flight mode, in flight. I have the cortex Pro running on my Thrust Vectoring pipe, and have that setup in two flightmodes and setup trimmers so I can adjust the gains for that as well, in flight.

So, when I hear that we don't have this/that... I'm wondering what it is that we are that far off on. There are some speech things that could be nice to have... I guarantee that the programming and setup on my planes are among the most complex out there and I spend a lot of time making things extremely easy to fly. I can't help it... I grew up flying pattern and IMAC. Lol.

I have to say.... DMSS is unbelievable. I feel so connected to the plane... it's been rock solid.

If you guys guys are really interested in how I set my stuff up, I'd be happy to share it with you. I don't want to get into arguments online... but do want to help folks get the most out of our products.... hell, I want you to get the most out of what you have to help you become a better modeller and pilot.
Thanks Matt, I appreciate the response and am truly glad things are developing for JR. At the time that I was replacing my 12x, the 28x had just launched and few of the items that you refer to were available. No one had turbine telemetry or any of the other sensors for it. Early adopters started many threads trying to figure out how to do relatively simple things with the radio, like make the flaps work, activate voice etc. It certainly left the impression that the interface wasn't user friendly. I had a conversation at Toledo with several team members including Len, the year it launched (or pre-launch) and it was clear that they didn't know the radio either.

The TX was very late into the market. Many JR loyals had already jumped ship because they grew impatient waiting for the 12x replacement. The major competitors had their flagships launched already.

The two big things that the 28x is still missing for me (at least I believe they are missing and stand to be corrected) are that it does not provide any RF information, nor does it log it. This seems to me to be the most critical telemetry that one could provide. It eliminates the "what happened, I think I got hit scenerio" in a crash.

The second item is the requirement to use Xbus to achieve more than 11 channels ( I believe 11 channels is the largest receiver). I'm sure Xbus is superb but, not all users want to use it. It necessitates using Hubs and servo adapters and all kinds of "junk" that wouldn't be necessary otherwise.

The competitor (Jeti) also has advantages that I like and feel are valuable. 2 RF decks, patch antennae and the ability to use telemetry as a control. (eg. airspeed indicator can be used to reduce gyro gain, pressure indicator can be used to trigger gear failsafe). The built in accelerometers are really cool too ( give Tx a slight tilt to read out fuel level) etc.

I know the thread is not about Jeti but, the thread is partially about why people moved away from JR.

Mike
Old 12-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Jack Diaz

Originally Posted by bluelevel
That's totally fine and a point I can understand. The Jeti radios are very heavy and some things are organized differently.

Thomas
Fake news
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PC010116.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	2246628   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC010115.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	2246629  
Old 12-01-2017, 12:09 PM
j.duncker

This thread is providing useful info on the status of JR

At times I have been close to coming in and deleting a bunch of posts but it has not deteriorated down to that level.

Can I remind all potential posters about our rules on manufacturer "bashing". IE "XYZ is rubbish" is not acceptable. "my XYZ set has been returned 3 times and still has the following fault " is absolutely fine and is exactly the sort of thing RCU wants to disseminate.

If you are connected in some way to a competing manufacturer you should not be posting in this thread at all. I will turn a Nelsonian eye on posts that are positive informative and contribute to the thread. Remember you MUST make that connection clear in your signature. There is NO LEEWAY on this.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:53 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

I went to Jeti when I could no longer get RXs, connectors, hubs, servos or anything else. They really screwed the pooch with their handling of this. I agree, JR DMSS is the best link I have ever had with an airplane I flew a large FB Dolphin so far away it was nothing but a dot and had total control. Im not big on telemetry but am very big on taxiing back to the pits. I have a like new XG-14, several RXs, telemetry modules, hubs and tried to sell them on the classified.....couldnt give them away as there is no faith in JR supporting their products. I hate what happened but I had to find something that would be supported. JR has the best radio in the business but the worst customer support/service. Anyone wants my stuff PM me and I'll give you the rundown on what I have.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:25 PM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Excellent to meet you Matt! In as far as a few posts have to be concerned, you seem like a really decent guy.

I like that we have an associated rep on to chime in. Gives the discussion a greater clout on the JR side. I have 3 of the brands (2 JR radios included) and think that the hobby would only suffer with JR out or not as strong a player.

It's a shame that all the manufacturers don't have stronger customer support via social media, but I get that it's very time consuming to do so.

Best of luck, my friend.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:47 PM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by ChuckC
Excellent to meet you Matt! In as far as a few posts have to be concerned, you seem like a really decent guy.

I like that we have an associated rep on to chime in. Gives the discussion a greater clout on the JR side. I have 3 of the brands (2 JR radios included) and think that the hobby would only suffer with JR out or not as strong a player.

It's a shame that all the manufacturers don't have stronger customer support via social media, but I get that it's very time consuming to do so.

Best of luck, my friend.
Thanks Chuck, we used to be very active on the forums, along with many of the manufacturers, but unfortunately many people just want to be nasty, very negative and argue. We love this hobby and want to help our fellow modelers, but it got carried pretty far and was just plane abusive.

Dont get me wrong, it’s been very difficult with the situation at JR Japan. No one is more frustrated than our team guys, who are some of the most diehard supporters of JR.

JR Americas has never stopped supporting the products, and have been getting regular shipments in for the last 6-7 months. We do manage all the service ourselves as well, which was confusing for a while as it was handled by HH.

Things are looking better and like I said before some products coming that us jet guys will like. If there are things you want that are on back order, go ahead and place the back order. Our systems won't charge you anything, and there's no commitment to buy. You will get an email notification when the items come in stock. We have many customers that have been doing this and we burn through stock pretty quickly. Globally JR products are needed and we get what we can from them.

We we all need the economy to pick up and to get people active in the hobby.

Last edited by MattyMatt; 12-01-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:33 PM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by tp777fo
I went to Jeti when I could no longer get RXs, connectors, hubs, servos or anything else. They really screwed the pooch with their handling of this. I agree, JR DMSS is the best link I have ever had with an airplane I flew a large FB Dolphin so far away it was nothing but a dot and had total control. Im not big on telemetry but am very big on taxiing back to the pits. I have a like new XG-14, several RXs, telemetry modules, hubs and tried to sell them on the classified.....couldnt give them away as there is no faith in JR supporting their products. I hate what happened but I had to find something that would be supported. JR has the best radio in the business but the worst customer support/service. Anyone wants my stuff PM me and I'll give you the rundown on what I have.
Hey Tom,

i completely understand and also agree... that connection for me is why I'm patient. I've flown precision aerobatics a long time and been doing a lot of high end jet stuff the last few years. I feel absolutely connected to the plane.... that connection and the feel of the 28x in my hands... awesome. The 28x is the only radio that I completely forget about it in my hands.

I see you are in Greer... I'm up in Greensboro NC. We'll have to meet up some time.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:36 PM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an XG14 and love it. Like Tom said, I have flown a Bobcat and a 35% Extra300 beyond my normal vision and the link is rock solid, I feel so connected like never before with the 12x. However, how in the hell do you utilize 14 channels when JR doesn't even have a 14 channel rx or the capability to use 2 rx's like Futaba's new 16 channel? Xbus does not solve some issues. I'm seriously considering the new Futaba 16 channel radio...in fact, if the Futaba radio comes in stock before the JR xbus harnesses i need do, Futaba wins my coin. My BVM F18 needs 13 channels IIRC.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:42 AM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just received my AMA magazine, and there's the JR page with new transmmiters. There's one in yellow front.
So I think they are coming back.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 12-02-2017, 05:17 AM
lrb75
My Feedback: (12)

Jr is supposedly releasing new 6 and 8 channel receivers that can be linked to existing 613bx or 812bx receivers to get 12 or 16 ch. It was announced here last month.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:30 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Full disclosure: I used to be a Team JR guy, but I'm not anymore. I chose to go a different direction based upon my primary competition needs (F3K - Hand Launched Sailplane) so I'm now part of MKS Servos, but I have no intention of stopping using either my XG-14 or 28X, and am more than willing to help guys out with either radio.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:59 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by JoelP
I have an XG14 and love it. Like Tom said, I have flown a Bobcat and a 35% Extra300 beyond my normal vision and the link is rock solid, I feel so connected like never before with the 12x. However, how in the hell do you utilize 14 channels when JR doesn't even have a 14 channel rx or the capability to use 2 rx's like Futaba's new 16 channel? Xbus does not solve some issues. I'm seriously considering the new Futaba 16 channel radio...in fact, if the Futaba radio comes in stock before the JR xbus harnesses i need do, Futaba wins my coin. My BVM F18 needs 13 channels IIRC.
So if you are running NX Servos, you can use two RG812BPX.
- They can be linked in XBus. JRPR03461 RG812BPX 8CH 2.4GHz DMSS XBus Receiver - JR Radios
- It sounds like you are setting up a new BVM F16 PNP which will need PWM outputs.

Very shortly we will have a receiver that has more PWM outputs than you need... 16 to be exact. Hang tight!

;-)
Old 12-02-2017, 06:01 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by E.N.T.
I just received my AMA magazine, and there's the JR page with new transmmiters. There's one in yellow front.
So I think they are coming back.

hmarmaizmd717

We never left, that is the point! LOL.

We've had products coming in since January of this year. We had a lot... i mean A LOT of backorders to fill. We still do on some products, but more things are going into production weekly.

The XG11SE (Special Edition) comes in a bunch of colors and is made to order. It has all the same programming that the XG11 had with the much better gimbals from the XG14 in it. These are not a drop in... in fact within the first year JR started their own distribution in the states, and started JR Americas, we tried to do this ourselves... but physically doesn't work. There are mountings that are different to make this work in the new XG11SE. Blue, Neon Green, white, yellow, orange, and the original titanium colors are available.
http://www.jramericas.com/236253/JRP00660X/?pcat=2

I've built 1 Tomahawk Futura, and finishing up 2 Airworld 3.2m ME262's... and was able to get all the gear this year for them all. (which is a lot of stuff)

Last edited by MattyMatt; 12-02-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:12 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by lrb75
Jr is supposedly releasing new 6 and 8 channel receivers that can be linked to existing 613bx or 812bx receivers to get 12 or 16 ch. It was announced here last month.
That is correct. All the testing is done and as I understand they are in production now. This will be a huge help for us jet guys. Especially with the PNP jets.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:13 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
Full disclosure: I used to be a Team JR guy, but I'm not anymore. I chose to go a different direction based upon my primary competition needs (F3K - Hand Launched Sailplane) so I'm now part of MKS Servos, but I have no intention of stopping using either my XG-14 or 28X, and am more than willing to help guys out with either radio.

Thanks Doug!
Old 12-02-2017, 07:36 AM
MattyMatt

Originally Posted by Jack Diaz
Fake news
LOL... I like a solid radio with weight... I hate these lightweight plastic radios.

Jack... facts don't matter on the internet anymore... its just how people feel that's important. hahaa.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Originally Posted by MattyMatt

I've built 1 Tomahawk Futura, and finishing up 2 Airworld 3.2m ME262's... and was able to get all the gear this year for them all. (which is a lot of stuff)
I LOVE that Me-262.. It's at the top of my list for projects after next year's deployment..
Old 12-02-2017, 09:00 AM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info Matt. I'll be waiting.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:03 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Originally Posted by mattymatt
i am the team manager for team jr, over north and south america. We have about 140 team pilots throughout the region.

I’m 42 years old, and was born into the hobby as my dad started flying before i was around. I started flying when i was 5, started competing in pattern at 7-8, imac at 12.

Been flying jr since 1983. I’ve had a lot of different radio manufactures systems over the years. Been with team jr since 2009.

dilly dilly !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.