Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Old 01-18-2018, 09:03 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
Dave, I agree with your assessment that the hobby has never been cheaper, and I'm not arguing the economics of it. I understand why the prices have to be what they are. What I was saying is comparatively the value to consumers is low.

When the consumer can choose a brand new Kawasaki or Toyota for the same price as a Chinese produced junk jet that they have to re-work to get right, put a $3k-$5k engine in it (that may blow up with low time and no warranty left) stuff it with over priced electronics. Only a die-hard model airplane fanatic would choose the jet over the Kawasaki etc and really, how many of us are there?

So, that is why the hobby is in trouble.
When I was at the new Ottawa Jet show the AMA Director that was there told me there is only around 1800 AMA flyers with Turbine wavers, so this is a crazy small number to me, even if you add those who don't use the AMA in the USA or subtract those who have a jet a home but only fly the same jet they have had for the last 10 years. This is what makes it hard for making new jets for the market, its the hot thing as its new (Havoc) but as the market only has so many pilots who can drop 13k on a jet, your orders start fast but end quickly.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:12 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SECRET AGENT
Your absolutely right Tom, heck I'm the youngest guy in my club and I'm almost 50!
I agree, I'm the youngest guy in my club and I'm 39, then the next from me jumps up to 45-50. We once had a younger guy flying edf jets, be he would get crap from some of the older guys flying there .60 Sig and he stopped showing up, I just don't care my self.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:13 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

A bit over 2300 waivers including fw and rw
Old 01-18-2018, 12:45 PM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
IIRC, that was an Aussie who'd bought a used 28X which had problems. The distributor in Australia refused to do anything with the radio, so he contacted RC Depot and was told it was out of production and they would not look at it either. For Mr. Warbird; JRA will not service any radio not sold within their distribution area which I believe consists of North & South America.

Thats what I was talking about. I see horizon (not jra) is closing the 28x out on sale... who’s to say that jra isn’t just yet since this news would be much drama. So when I have an issue with my 28x it’s going to be a brick if this is true and a lot of people are left holding the bag. No new updates or hardware, nothing, and personally I dont trust android forever as every Samsung phone I had got slower and slower/less usable over time.........

Im not bashing jr americas however how can they support a radio that the new manufacturer In japan is discontinuing?

Last edited by taildragger21; 01-18-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:56 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taildragger21
Thats what I was talking about. I see horizon (not jra) is closing the 28x out on sale... who’s to say that jra isn’t just yet since this news would be much drama. So when I have an issue with my 28x it’s going to be a brick if this is true and a lot of people are left holding the bag. No new updates or hardware, nothing, and personally I dont trust android forever as every Samsung phone I had got slower and slower/less usable over time.........

Im not bashing jr americas however how can they support a radio that the new manufacturer In japan is discontinuing?
your putting the cart before the house. at this point it's a woulda,coulda,shoulda . of course HH is closing out the 28. they are dropping the whole line. that's old news. As it's been said MANY times. all manufacturing is being done in malaysia now. like i keep saying . call JRA's
Old 01-18-2018, 02:07 PM
taildragger21

Originally Posted by warbird_1
your putting the cart before the house. at this point it's a woulda,coulda,shoulda . of course HH is closing out the 28. they are dropping the whole line. that's old news. As it's been said MANY times. all manufacturing is being done in malaysia now. like i keep saying . call JRA's

That may be so but the manufacturer is going to produce receivers and parts. Most all radios they are not other than the old xg11 with weird color faceplates. So the 28x according to the new mfg. RC depot is discontinued. That’s my point.....

‘’discontinued and the loss of the programmer at the factory from jr = no more 28x support most likely
Old 01-18-2018, 02:50 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
JR is in bankruptcy. Production has been assumed by RC Depot. They are not producing or supporting the 28x. The 28x is gone, dead, no updates etc. Denial is a river in Africa (that is outside of USA). Check RC Depot's website, there is a statement regarding JR and what they are producing. It does not include 28x.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:09 PM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olnico
Jr Americas do not answer their phone any more. They are on an answering machine and do not return their call.
We have been trying to buy equipment from them without any luck.
Very sad. They made the best servos on the market and their equipment was the second best behind Weatronic...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fpv-...o-systems.html
Just ordered a new XG-14 system and a couple new receivers. They arrived in about 3 days. What a nice radio!

Some of the x-bus adapters showed to be on back-order, but I went ahead and added them to my cart and they e-mailed me in a couple weeks when they got them in. I didn't have to pay for the parts up front either.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:20 PM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
JR is in bankruptcy. Production has been assumed by RC Depot. They are not producing or supporting the 28x. The 28x is gone, dead, no updates etc. Denial is a river in Africa (that is outside of USA). Check RC Depot's website, there is a statement regarding JR and what they are producing. It does not include 28x.
I tried searching for anything about RC Depot. The only thing I could find was a hobby shop in California that didn't appear to even sell JR radios.

You can order a new 28X today:
http://www.jramericas.com/234048/JRP01050/?pcat=2

I would refer anybody looking for information to the official JR website:
JR Americas

Last edited by bchapman; 01-25-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: hyperlink didn't work correctly
Old 01-25-2018, 04:39 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure about buying new stuff, but the service side is alive and well. I'm getting ready to rig out my Viperjet so I sent some of the servos (6 8711s of various ages and usage) to be checked out. Just over two weeks later the servos were back with various parts and pieces replaced and ready to go.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:14 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

I too had great service from JRAmericas with some repirrs.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:57 PM
newshoundaussie

Jra

Last edited by newshoundaussie; 01-25-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:56 PM
flyboydale54

Horizon Hobby in the USA services JR Radio's. They serviced mine which had a burned out transistor, that failed as a dead transmitter when I turned it on to fly upon arriving to my flying club field. No crashes, just a failed to turn on the transmitter after moving the switch to the on position. My radio is an XP9503 a pretty expensive radio. I have found their repair service to be excellent and their phone conversations in tech support to be second to none. Anyone looking for radio repair service should contact them and ask your questions. Just because a radio is discontinued, which my JR XP9503 is, does not mean they can not be repaired. Hope this helps those in need of radio repair services.

Last edited by flyboydale54; 01-26-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Correct JR radio model number to correct model.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:36 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sadly I disagree. JR user of over 25 years and two days ago I finally gave my 12x away as a parts radio because there was NO way to get anyone to service it for repairs. I tried HH on several phone conversations over a two month period. With yes they will -NO we cant , yes they can- Sorry we don't so on so on. JR Americas will not answer their phones and DO NOT return calls or e-mails at least regarding fixing my 12x I eventually gave up after two months .

Maybe I am mistaken and they recently started , if so then I screwed up yesterday.

Last edited by TimD.; 01-26-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:22 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bchapman
I tried searching for anything about RC Depot. The only thing I could find was a hobby shop in California that didn't appear to even sell JR radios.

You can order a new 28X today:
JRP01050 28X DMSS 2.4GHz 28 Channel System with TX Case - JR Radios

I would refer anybody looking for information to the official JR website:
JR Americas
​​​​​​http://www.rcdepot-jp.com/jrsh2.html Not sure if this will show in English, original is Japanese. You may have to use Google translator to read it.

JR americas is NOT the official JR website. JR is a Japanese company. JR Americas is the USA importer/ distributor. They have stock that they have purchased on the 28x. Of course they will sell it until they sell out.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:25 PM
taildragger21

Here ya go. Translated it to English. It appears the 28x is not on rc depots production list.
‘As said Jr americas is merely a distributor. NOT the manufacture. No matter what JRA will tell you rc depot is the end result.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0C079149-E466-4B17-A011-B5056D0D96CD.png
Views:	270
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	2252425  
Old 04-06-2018, 01:01 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

JR Americas

Yet another bad sign for JR.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this really the end then??
Old 04-06-2018, 01:11 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn......
As a 30 year plus JR guy, I am saddened to read this. It sounds like it is over, as far any new product is concerned.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:27 PM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what radio gear compares with JR, including servos. I'm moving on even though I will use my XG14 until it craps out.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:36 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nige321
Is this really the end then??
I took it as there will be JR compatible equipment available from the new company but they will have to find a new distributor in the US. I am a firm believer in 3 sides to every story. the "new" stuff may or may not work out but it won't be through JR Americas.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

So, JR Americas are not getting on very well with the new company manufacturing JR r/c stuff,
so have announced they will be distributing 'several additional new product brands' and are now
saying that 'new' JR gear is crap.

Despite reassuring us just 3 months ago in an announcement that 'the changes provide the JR
brand with stability, and will insure the same legendary quality and reliability JR customers have
come to know & trust moving forward'.

In the same announcement Konishi Mokei Co Ltd of Japan was named as JR's long term business
partner, not some random producer.

So if Konishi Mokei were making quality JR gear 'long term' why are they suddenly making rubbish?

Three months? Time to clear a warehouse prior to importing a product with greater margins perhaps?

Create a 'get them while they last' buying frenzy before you dump a brand?

Something fishy here ........
Old 04-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomerang1
So, JR Americas are not getting on very well with the new company manufacturing JR r/c stuff,
so have announced they will be distributing 'several additional new product brands' and are now
saying that 'new' JR gear is crap.

Despite reassuring us just 3 months ago in an announcement that 'the changes provide the JR
brand with stability, and will insure the same legendary quality and reliability JR customers have
come to know & trust moving forward'.

In the same announcement Konishi Mokei Co Ltd of Japan was named as JR's long term business
partner, not some random producer.

So if Konishi Mokei were making quality JR gear 'long term' why are they suddenly making rubbish?

Three months? Time to clear a warehouse prior to importing a product with greater margins perhaps?

Create a 'get them while they last' buying frenzy before you dump a brand?

Something fishy here ........
According to a post or two I've seen, Len thinks he's going to get Futaba. Of course you have to remember that "I saw it on the Internet".... lol
Old 04-06-2018, 05:50 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Very sad indeed.

Jeti is is the new JR.

There, I said it. Meet me at the bike racks, 3pm.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:53 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

screw len. he's a liar and a crook. i had a very detailed conversation of everything that went on in JR . from the company down to JRA's . i talked to a person that was and seen what went on first hand and it was bad. it wasn't the product but the management down to JRA's. and now they want futaba. well bad news len.. it will never happen. he knew two yeas before jr took the dirt dive that it was going to end this way yet he keep the illusion that everything was fine just to pad his bottom line and now we are " for now" stuck with a dead horse. But good news . if the stars come together ... JR will be back under a new name . same product,new name so don't let len's lies tell you it's a quality issue when it not. that's another lie to save face from his own failures. yes i'm mad. a great company got run into the ground from greed and now we are left holding the bag. i will NEVER buy a thing from them ever again,WB_1 BTW. this person i talked to wanted to come out along time ago to inform it's customer base but JRA's wouldn't let them.

Last edited by warbird_1; 04-07-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.