Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 07:14 PM
PropsnWings
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Very sad indeed.

Jeti is is the new JR.

There, I said it. Meet me at the bike racks, 3pm.
Too bad Esprit Model was not better at customer service and people skills. They would sell a LOT more of Jeti if so.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:13 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at their booth in Toledo Fri and sat . I asked a lot of questions and they were very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with the product as well. The functionality of the equipment was unbelievable. I would buy jeti
Old 04-08-2018, 04:22 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Jeti has tons of features, but their RF link is not nearly as robust as the JR DMSS protocol. I can say this after having several club members switch to Jeti, with a couple losing more than one model to unexplained " I ain't got it" type crashes. A quick switch back to their "old" JR equipment and all returned to normal. This is my opinion-your mileage may vary, as they say.
-Mike O.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:51 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IFLYBVM2
Jeti has tons of features, but their RF link is not nearly as robust as the JR DMSS protocol. I can say this after having several club members switch to Jeti, with a couple losing more than one model to unexplained " I ain't got it" type crashes. A quick switch back to their "old" JR equipment and all returned to normal. This is my opinion-your mileage may vary, as they say.
-Mike O.
sounds like the spektrum mystery crashes . i am hard pressed to find anyone who has lost models on DMSS's watch . i did hear of someone loosing a jet a while back ,but that's it. i talked to a person from japan who witnessed in the collapse of JRpropo . he also let me in on the plans to rebuild the company or i should say a NEW company using the jr line , only under a new name. He was very honest and forthcoming about their plans . He also said that Xbus most likely won't be coming back to the line as rights to it couldn't be obtained thus the odd-even receiver line that just can out through JR. so it looks like the RCdepot guys will most likely continue the brand under a new name. In closing i can say that this person was very disappointed that JRA's hushed him from telling the JR base the truth. He really cares about keeping JR alive through a different name. so let's hope and BTW don't buy into JRA's lies about it was a quality issue.. it was a bottom line issue. WB_1
Old 04-08-2018, 04:55 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

-Mike O.
Of course in a JR tread.....you will try to discredit Jeti....not really surprising.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:14 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-Mike O.
Know many people who have JETI equipment and not one of them have had failures from links.

This is new to me
Old 04-08-2018, 06:18 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PropsnWings
Too bad Esprit Model was not better at customer service and people skills. They would sell a LOT more of Jeti if so.
What are you talking about? They are first class in customer service.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:23 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

-Mike O.
There are no "unexplained" JETI crashes. There is a complete Telemetry/ RF log provided to EXPLAIN everything if the user sets it up!!!!! I would bet big bucks that the crashes weren't RF related.....Most crashes of any radio are dumb thumbs and the dumb thumber doesn't realize it and blames the radio.

Last edited by luv2flyrc; 04-08-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:19 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
There are no "unexplained" JETI crashes. There is a complete Telemetry/ RF log provided to EXPLAIN everything if the user sets it up!!!!! I would bet big bucks that the crashes weren't RF related.....Most crashes of any radio are dumb thumbs and the dumb thumber doesn't realize it and blames the radio.
I have to agree here even my unexplained spectrum crashes which have been only 2 after many years of flying the 9303 module dms system and some long reading sessions I have determined my crashes to be user induced. Old servo connectors with some corrosion on the pins. I have seen planes snap in and the radio be to blame.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
I took it as there will be JR compatible equipment available from the new company but they will have to find a new distributor in the US. I am a firm believer in 3 sides to every story. the "new" stuff may or may not work out but it won't be through JR Americas.
I would not look for anything very soon. The bankruptcy court denied the sale of the JR PROPO trademark and the IP stuff was not sold either. So.... The new guys are going to have to get FCC certs all over again. I also heard that since there wasn't any engineering stuff they could get a hold of, that means a complete start over. The articles I've seen about it say that the new buyer has succeeded in attracting some former JR employees who might be able to help speed up that process.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Dee Force Aviation products will be sold in the USA by JTec R/C starting end of this month.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:33 PM
PropsnWings

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
What are you talking about? They are first class in customer service.
Go visit the other forums like RCG and see how the owner treats people on other brands threads. Its not very becoming of a business owner.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:15 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

In my opinion James is excellent at Esprit.

But if you dont like Esprit then you can buy from Danny at Aeropanda who is also excellent.

The demise of JR is sad to me. My first JR was a Max 6 Computer FM with a Circus Circus Hobby sticker on the back. This was around 1989 or so. I knew I had made it to the “big time” when I bought my 10X! LOL! I flew JR until the big JR / Horizon split. I went with Spektrum because JR at that point became a red headed step child so to speak. No dancing partner. It was the beginning of the end in my opinion for JR.

Even after that I flew JR servos until 8711HV’s became unavailable. Still have them in one of my jets. Since then I’ve had to find a go to servo after having flown JR for 25 years.

The only thing constant is change so sad as it may be I like many of us have had to make some difficult decisions.

To each their own. I still fly prop planes with a DX9 but (was kinda forced to) switched to Jeti a year ago for my jets. The key is to be confident in the equipment you’re using and have a reason for that confidence ... not just blind faith. Systems now give us more redundancy, safety margins, and data than ever before. All the data can make you over analyze things at times. Ask me how I know! LOL! In the end our systems are more reliable than ever when chosen and applied correctly to the right application. I’m just sad that JR is no longer part of the picture.

Good luck to everyone in finding the right system for them.

JS

Originally Posted by PropsnWings

Last edited by jsnipes; 04-09-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

RC Depot Dee Force Aviation (DFA) is very close to having FCC certification and CE. True that Jtec will have DFA products available and DFA will have products on EBAY for end of this month. DFA will also have a service center opening up soon in LA and a USA/English version of the online store is in the works. The old JR Japan engineers that were not being paid by JR Japan when a JR Japan employee stole funds from them are now working for RC Depot. All equipment will be compatible and the same quality or better than JR Japan of the past. Some servos will now have Japanese motors instead of Chinese ones, new redesigned gear train and better electronics. Like receivers go the old (new) multi channel ones from JRA had a odd and even receiver to get more than 12,14 or 16 channels. The new ones from DFA can be set up so that channels 1-6,1-7, and 1-8 are in one receiver if want more and not use XBUS type setup you just add another receiver for 7-12, 8-14 and 9-16. Anyway the information coming from JRA is false and isn't hear say either. JRA will say we are just going on Rc Depots word but trust me what JRA puts out there is false.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:28 PM
PropsnWings

Originally Posted by jsnipes
In my opinion James is excellent at Esprit.

But if you dont like Esprit then you can buy from Danny at Aeropanda who is also excellent.

The demise of JR is sad to me. My first JR was a Max 6 Computer FM with a Circus Circus Hobby sticker on the back. This was around 1989 or so. I knew I had made it to the “big time” when I bought my 10X! LOL! I flew JR until the big JR / Horizon split. I went with Spektrum because JR at that point became a red headed step child so to speak. No dancing partner. It was the beginning of the end in my opinion for JR.

Even after that I flew JR servos until 8711HV’s became unavailable. Still have them in one of my jets. Since then I’ve had to find a go to servo after having flown JR for 25 years.

The only thing constant is change so sad as it may be I like many of us have had to make some difficult decisions.

To each their own. I still fly prop planes with a DX9 but (was kinda forced to) switched to Jeti a year ago for my jets. The key is to be confident in the equipment you’re using and have a reason for that confidence ... not just blind faith. Systems now give us more redundancy, safety margins, and data than ever before. All the data can make you over analyze things at times. Ask me how I know! LOL! In the end our systems are more reliable than ever when chosen and applied correctly to the right application. I’m just sad that JR is no longer part of the picture.

Good luck to everyone in finding the right system for them.

JS

I agree, James is excellent. I have spoken to him many times on the phone.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:43 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

DFA is doing this correct. They are partnering with US Companies to bring product in. They are developing new product, utilizing the trustworthy engineers acquired from JR Japan. They are building a US Team of pilots. They are attending the Big Trade shows in some form.
And of course they are having to put up with opposition to what they are doing by companies who chose to lie about what they are doing, while those misleading companies don't even have facts to back their claims up.

DFA is the answer to the bankrupt JR brand that we all loved.
Glad to have them on board.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:06 PM
siclick33

Originally Posted by airraptor
Some servos will now have Japanese motors instead of Chinese ones, new redesigned gear train and better electronics.
So they will be completely different servos?

One of the things about the 8x11 line of JR line of servos is that they were tried and tested. Sure, there might have been room for improvement but they had an excellent reputation for reliability and overall performance. Hopefully, if the new company has the correct ex-JR employees on board (do we know exactly which ones are remaining with the new company?) then we might see some good new products. However, until the brand is proven then to me I will have to treat it like a new company making new servos.

If they could re-introduce a couple of the old JR servos first (exactly as they were) then it would show that they have the technical information (tooling?) and expertise to do so. If they can’t then it’s just another manufacturing company employing some of the old JR staff. In the mean time there is a host of other reputable companies filling the void and gaining popularity with their new offerings.

I have my fingers crossed and having a chance that someone may be able to re-introduce JR quality servos is clearly better than no chance at all, but I won’t just assume they are the same. They will have to prove themselves first.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:19 PM
airraptor

Any JR product made after after march can not be sold anywhere. As far as I know there was six engineers working for JR Japan and Rc Depot has six now from JR Japan. Treat them as new if you want but I have full confidence in their products. The not proven thing comes from JRA who is upset they don't have anything to sell and customers saw through the lies. Its a hobby and use what brand you want. I will be using DFA every chance I can.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:11 AM
two dogs
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JR 28 X transmitter batteries does anyone know where a replacement battery can be purchased or custom made? JR Americas wasn't very helpful Thanks
Old 04-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

MaxxPacks.com makes an aftermarket pack for around $30-$35. Hard to find on their web page. Probably should call or e-mail.

Last edited by Thud_Driver; 04-10-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:33 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dee Force Aviation - I’m struggling to take seriously anyone who uses ‘Team Stupid’ in their logo...

What’s the situation in the UK going to be?
Dave Wilshere..??
Old 04-11-2018, 05:02 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Seriously ?

Team Stupid ???? Seriously ????
Something must have gotten lost in the translation-surely this is not what they intended ?
Originally Posted by Nige321
Dee Force Aviation - I’m struggling to take seriously anyone who uses ‘Team Stupid’ in their logo...

Dave Wilshere..??
Old 04-11-2018, 05:04 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Dave Wilshere..??
Team Stupid has a inside meaning for a couple guys.

The North American Pylon team doesn't use the phrase cause it wasn't used as an inside message for us.
We are simply Team DFA
There will be other teams that pop up as well.
To each their own.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:15 AM
airraptor

Dave Wilshere..??
Have you ever flown a plane and crashed and said that was stupid? two or three of there guys flying aerobatics crashed their plane trying something and crashed their plane. Also remember Japanese culture is a little different from the U.S. just as the UK is different from us here.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:06 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Ran across a thread in the radio mfg support under jr spectrum forums about the history of all this broken down by dates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.