Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Maybe Bob should start back up? BVM

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Maybe Bob should start back up? BVM

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:44 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin_W
Those are pretty big words coming from a guy who skipped an absolutely beautiful day of flying last weekend because his nose was a little stopped up!

Baahhhaaaa. Well nose stuffed up is code for doing the Hibbittyb dibbiddyyy lil fella. Ya know I will never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

You want me me to break sumtin else Mortaaaayyyy?.. noooooooooooo
Old 01-25-2017, 08:08 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
I think It was the same thing for me. 1400+ for direct shipping on the skymaster F18.

Container/greyhound = about $120.00 but.... you need to be patient.
I've got a jet on the latest container at Pacificrcjets, any experience using greyhound for the domestic portion? I need to ship it from California to Lewiston NY, where my drop box is. I must admit I'm a bit concerned about damage risk being on and off buses that whole way.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Has Greyhound changed their insurance limit? Used to be like only $500. I've shipped some big planes by greyhound without an issue but was nervous about what happens if damaged or lost with only $500 in coverage.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
Has Greyhound changed their insurance limit? Used to be like only $500. I've shipped some big planes by greyhound without an issue but was nervous about what happens if damaged or lost with only $500 in coverage.
doubt it
Old 01-25-2017, 11:14 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by flyloose
I've got a jet on the latest container at Pacificrcjets, any experience using greyhound for the domestic portion? I need to ship it from California to Lewiston NY, where my drop box is. I must admit I'm a bit concerned about damage risk being on and off buses that whole way.

Thanks

They only ship to a bus station. That's where you pick them up from. I think this is only a 1 time option from Dirk anyway since its such a hastle to ship this way.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:39 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I use Greyhound all the time. It has always worked great. Yes they have lost tracking of my boxes for a few mostly constipated days....but they have always turned out in perfect condition. To my benefit their HQs are here so most packages make it here in 24 hrs or less.

Ironically, UPS has lost my packages several times, including a turbine once. I always avoid them.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:41 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I thought it was $1000?

Sometimes it may not be possible, but you can always divide your shipment into several smaller boxes, each insured separately.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:24 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Greyhound ? Yep, insurance limit is 600.00. Also, they can't track it at all. Last one I shipped finally arrived at destination, but was MIA for about 2 weeks, with Greyhound not being able to tell me where it is. There isn't enough Zanax in the world to make me ship that way again.....
Old 01-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't know BVM Closed there doors.....
Old 01-25-2017, 07:23 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPS, United Parsal SMASHERS! Those guys could find a way to destroy titanium bricks.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:12 PM
MustangAce
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David Jackson
Yeah, let hear more about the new model jets, and powerplants coming to market this year. Let make 2017 the year to enjoy life, family, and flying.

Yeah!
Old 01-26-2017, 06:09 AM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FalconWings
Larry, try this exercise. Pay yourself $50/75 hr for the time it took you to scratch build your model, and tell me if it gets you to $10K. That's the price a non-builder has to pay, ARF or not.
That's what I'm trying to say. If you have the $50/$75 dollars an hour to pay someone else build you a turbine Top Gun quality jet, then by all means go for it. I don't have that kind of money lying around. Besides, I enjoy building and buying my supplies from my local hobby shop and keeping a local business going. When I want something, I know it's there and I don't have to go online and order it. As long as we keep buying online and ordering items from the internet, the hobby shops will close up and we won't have any supplies handy...

Larry/Instructor